American 1 Year Visa Holders..

I will head back to America to obtain a 1 year visa, I presume: non-immigrant "O" visa..

Any advice on exactly where to go, & what to say when applying for the visa would be great.

( from those who have obtained theirs..)

thanks a lot,

steve

I will head back to America to obtain a 1 year visa, I presume: non-immigrant "O" visa..

Any advice on exactly where to go, & what to say when applying for the visa would be great.

thanks a lot,

steve

Steve I would get your visa here you will find it to be very different there for one you will need a doctors note as well as a police report which will be costly also they will want you to have a thai wife from my experence in Florida (coral gables) Consulate I also applied in Wash/DC few years back and they denied me a non imm O only gave me 2 month tourist in FL they gave me a 6 month tourist but I had to leave every 2 months in all proberbility I found going to Laos & Penang Malaysia to be the best places to apply for non im O go to agency there they know what to do if you understand me

thanks a lot,

steve

Steve I would get your visa here you will find it to be very different there for one you will need a doctors note as well as a police report which will be costly also they will want you to have a thai wife from my experence in Florida (coral gables) Consulate I also applied in Wash/DC few years back and they denied me a non imm O only gave me 2 month tourist in FL they gave me a 6 month tourist but I had to leave every 2 months in all proberbility I found going to Laos & Penang Malaysia to be the best places to apply for non im O go to agency there they know what to do if you understand me

We have always found Coral Gables to be very helpful for our clients. Must of been an off day. They do require to see your plane ticket. The odds are much better you will get a one year visa in the USA than in a Embassy located in Asia.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I applied for a single entry non-immigrant O based on my marriage to a Thai national with the Denver consulate last year and received it in very short order with no need for a doctors certificate, police report or show of any funds, just my marriage license.

I believe the doctors certificate is only required for a non-imm OA retirement visa.

Read the Thai embassy website for requirements for a non-imm O and see if you qualify:

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

(May required the approval from the Ministry Concerns from Thailand in case by case and required invitation letter from Thailand)

Purpose of visit: BUSINESS and CONFERENCE (requiring the business letter with letter-head explains purpose of visit, also included name of company, organization or mission and address in Thailand), RESEARCH, MASS MEDIA or MISSIONARY (requiring the letter with letter-head from company, agency or organization sending you on your mission, and also the letter from your counterpart in Thailand and prove of verification of the institution). TEACHING AND EDUCATION (requiring the letter with the letter-head from educational institution in Thailand). FAMILY REUNION (requiring marriage or birth certificates and prove of Thai citizen). SETTLEMENT AFTER RETIREMENT (requiring proof of retirement and financial support). MEDICAL TREATMENT (requiring letter from licensed doctor). (Maximum stay 90 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)

thanks a lot,

steve

By all acounts Houston is the best bet. You will need a reason ie - visiting family or friends, staying with Thai wife. Do not believe it is a `slam dunk` as you Americans say but worth a try.

You may only get a 2 or 3 entry tourist visa.

thanks a lot,

steve

We have always found Coral Gables to be very helpful for our clients. Must of been an off day. They do require to see your plane ticket. The odds are much better you will get a one year visa in the USA than in a Embassy located in Asia.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I do not remember them asking to see my ticket I had a return ticket since I bought R/T from Thailand and had non imm O and they did not renew it in the USA coral gables FL when I spoke to them on the phone before coming to there office from Greenacres WPB to get a non im O this is what they told me so I can only go on that now I have my retirement visa hopefully I will not have to go through that again

I do not remember them asking to see my ticket I had a return ticket since I bought R/T from Thailand and had non imm O and they did not renew it in the USA coral gables FL when I spoke to them on the phone before coming to there office from Greenacres WPB to get a non im O this is what they told me so I can only go on that now I have my retirement visa hopefully I will not have to go through that again

If they had given you a "O" visa they would of ask for the plane ticket. I surmise the reason they didn't give you the "O" visa is because you were over 50 years old and you are suppose to apply at the Embassy rather than a consulate for the retirement visa. This directive was sent around a year ago to the Consulates in the USA.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I asked the question..

I really want to cut down on the visa runs, etc.

-I am 31 years old

-no Thai wife

-not currently employed

-A prior California resident

And I want a 1 year visa..

These details may help when posting suggestions..

( From what I understand after talking with the real visa companies here in Thailand is:

I must apply in person in America, to an embassy or consulate, in order to recieve a visa. It is not possible to do that without going back to America. )

From the details you provided you will not likely receive such a visa anywhere in the local area and I suspect you may even find it difficult in the USA. I am very sure no Embassy is going to issue you such a visa. If any "real" visa company used the phrase "apply in person in America, to an embassy or consulate" I would ask them the locations of the "Embassies" in the USA - there can only be one Royal Thai Embassy in any country. If issued it will be from an honorary type Consulate I suspect.

If you are interested in education that would open doors.

If you are interested in setting up a business that would open other doors.

You could certainly get sponsored for a non-B for one year for investment and looking for work. One year multiple entry. Ask Sunbelt. If you use it for said purposes, you can possibly get it extended or get a new one in a year's time.

If they had given you a "O" visa they would of ask for the plane ticket. I surmise the reason they didn't give you the "O" visa is because you were over 50 years old and you are suppose to apply at the Embassy rather than a consulate for the retirement visa. This directive was sent around a year ago to the Consulates in the USA.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt thank you for that info now I understand why I did not get O visa I should have applied in Wash/DC were the Embassy is I will be marring a thai national in a month so if I should go back any time soon I do not think I will have any problems. now on a different note is it differcult to get my future Thai wife a visa to go to the USA

I got my non-imm-O Multi at Denver in April. I had to supply them with paperwork showing I SHOULD get one .. and have an appointment.

On what grounds did you argue that you "should" get a Non Imm O?

By needing an "appointment," does this mean they would not accept a mail application?

thanx.

Married to a Thai etc etc I was really applying for a B .. but my offer letter was several months old and I had my partner's husebook and my paperwork on property (vehicles) and my school stuff (student).

They are no longer just giving non-imm-multi to people for 'visit friends' but they are not too rough about the process if you have any other legit reasons for being here.

I believe mail in is still OK ... I was in Denver so walked in on a Thus. had to make an appoinment and they didn't process Visas on Fridays. So I went back on Monday and was out in 30 minutes!

I got a O multi based on marriage in Los Angleles. They needed a letter from my wife stating we were still married besides the other stuff listed on the Embassy web site. Read each thing and don't skip any. Drop the application in the AM and pick up your passport the next day. Cost $125 going up to $150 on 7/2.

Edited by old wanderer