Email Notifier.

NoshowJones

Checker Plus for Gmail™

Get notifications, read, listen to or delete emails without opening Gmail and easily manage multiple accounts.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/checker-plus-for-gmail/oeopbcgkkoapgobdbedcemjljbihmemj

X-notifier Neo

Notifier for Gmail, iCloud, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL and so on
X-notifier checks your webmail accounts and notifies the number of unread emails.

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/xnotifier-neo/igobadfmckkpaoodncckppmkanbdnpbc

Both work with Chrome and Edge  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, Gottfrid said:

As far as I know Gmail has a built in notifier that works with the browser.

Yes they do, they give you a choice of what sound you want, but I want a notifier that appears on the screen as well. 

I use Thunderbird email client with my Gmail account and get a notification along with a maybe 5 secs little window that shows the sender.   Thunderbird is great because you can do so much email work off line, e.g., draft msgs, file msg in Thunderbird local folders you create.  

13 hours ago, cnx1204 said:

I use Thunderbird email client with my Gmail account and get a notification along with a maybe 5 secs little window that shows the sender.   Thunderbird is great because you can do so much email work off line, e.g., draft msgs, file msg in Thunderbird local folders you create.  

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

I used email tray for years, but when I tried to connect it to Gmail, it would not accept my google account password, which I always use to sign in to Gmail. I do not have any other password for Gmail which is now my main email account. I wish I had left Hotmail for Gmail long ago.

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes they do, they give you a choice of what sound you want, but I want a notifier that appears on the screen as well. 

Ok, but doesn´t it do that as well? I get both a sound and a popup on the screen and have never downloaded anything extra.

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Cant you see the dog chasing your postman!!! ????

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Cant you see the dog chasing your postman!!! ????

My dogs back legs are damaged, so it can't run. What has this got to do with my email notifiers pop up?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, possum1931 said:

Sure seems they offer popup on browser from below - or are you talking phone?

image.png.5e22ee469a3b9878c249582ccbf2bcff.png

38 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Sure seems they offer popup on browser from below - or are you talking phone?

I will look into that. You are aware that my browser is Opera which does have a good email notification even without the pop ups.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I will look into that. You are aware that my browser is Opera which does have a good email notification even without the pop ups.

Have no used Opera for years but in Chrome the tab itself if you have mail open will indicate the number of unread messages without any notifications required.  I keep mail as my first open tab and just glance at that header to see if anything in queue.

• Thanks 1