70-year-old Australian man allegedly punched in the face by tourist after trying to stop a fight in Pattaya

webfact

1 minute ago, Dutchjohn said:
5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Where does it say in either report that the Australian guy that tried to defuse the situation was drunk ??

And where does it say that the tourist was drunk?

Erm....  :whistling:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist also seemed heavily intoxicated, Mrs. Suwan added.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's horrible but I've learned ALMOST never to get involved.   I've seen some bad stuff and kept walking.

I do think I have a limit.....if a kid is being (Insert bad stuff), then any decent human probably has to risk their life to do something.

but you have to realize you are risking your life.   this isn't the movies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She said Mr. Tony saw an unidentified foreign tourist quarreling with a motorcycle taxi driver and went to stop the situation from escalating. However, the tourist punched Mr. Tony in the face for his intervention and walked away.

The way some foreigners talk about other foreigners, you have to wonder if he was a genuine good Samaritan trying to cool things down, or if he was defending the taxi driver because he's "one of the good foreigners that genuinely cares and understands the Thai people".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I do think I have a limit.....if a kid is being (Insert bad stuff), then any decent human probably has to risk their life to do something.

Depends on the bad stuff.  Would you risk your life if something bad was happening to a kid but they weren't in mortal danger?  As in, you would be happy to die if it stopped what was happening?  Would you risk dying to stop a kid getting a beating?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hope they give him the automatic one hit 10 year sentence for his troubles, at the very least, regardless if he didn't mean to kill him with his punch, what did he expect his punch would do to his skull on his way down to the pavement below him, or didn't he thing about that when his anger got the best of him.

10 years should give him plenty of time to think again before he throws a punch, and if he's married, not visitation rights for his wife and kids, simply because the deceased wife and kids can't see him anymore.

Judge and jury right here.

12,625 posts ... not that takes some doing to be that bored

An "unidentified foreign tourist" hits a farang in the face giving him a "non life threatening injury" and then walks away - big deal! 

Next stories - "Anutin makes a statement" followed by "rain is expected today in Bangkok"! ????

Edited by sambum
Changed my mind!
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Makes you wonder why the hell a  70 year old wanted to be a hero.

The taxi rider would have sorted out the fight when his mates arrived

Its pretty obvious why... 

Friday night, Soi Bukkhao, very strong likelihood he was pi$$ed up and feeling very brave.. 

Of course, we’re not allowed to suggest that because ‘where in the Op does it say the old guy had been drinking ?’ !!!!  :whistling:

An old timer in familiar territory trying to tell the young-buck how to behave and not let the side down for farangs nation wide !!!... 

Badly back-fired....     I hope the tourist to$$er gets caught and faces severe consequences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

12,625 posts ... not that takes some doing to be that bored

We can all see your a real contributor Somchai, have another half empty glass why don't you.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

One of the tricks to surviving a long time in Thailand is mind your own business and stay well away from trouble and street fights. If you are old and don't know how to handle yourself in a street fight and you see trouble brewing then walk away fast, in the opposite direction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Makes you wonder why the hell a  70 year old wanted to be a hero.

The taxi rider would have sorted out the fight when his mates arrived

Why make this report about the 70 yr old wanting to be a hero, perhaps a nice older man was only trying to help. Ok, he was wrong, but it’s the drunk tourist that needs a thumbs down. . 

• Like 1