70-year-old Australian man allegedly punched in the face by tourist after trying to stop a fight in Pattaya

webfact

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't doubt for one minute that the police have the power to at least influence, the deportation of undesirables although its very rare that deportation is actually carried out. In fact it's hardly  ever mentioned, in "real life" by the authorities  come to think of it . Quite the opposite  of the TVF where outraged members demand it on a daily basis

As far as the UK goes, things are done  a bit differently there in these enlightened times, and you would be amazed what foreigners ( especially illegal immigrants)  have to do to get deported. 

Only recently, attempts to deport some seriously nasty people, including pedos and rapists, were scuppered by  last minute appeals by their lawyers who were provided at tax-payers expense!

"...its very rare that deportation is actually carried out".

In the same way as serious offences here by the BIB are punished by transfers to "inactive posts" rather than actually getting sacked, which is what they deserve in most cases? And how long are they transferred for? We never seem to hear that either!

And what you say about illegal immigrants in the UK/"Nanny State" does not surprise me one little bit - just one of the reasons why I am here and not there! 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:02 AM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Where does it say in either report that the Australian guy that tried to defuse the situation was drunk ??

Well, he's Australian. Sort of a synonym.

Hopefully he will learn to mind his own business in the world-class, family-friendly, tourist resort.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, perryjr2 said:

Maybe there is a reliable witness that can ID the intoxicated tourist. Small reward offered might lead to arrest and deportation possibly.

Did the guy who hit another guy in a gym here with a dumbbell, breaking his eye socket, which needed major surgery to save his eye, get the deported? 

I believe he had to compensate the victim, but not sure he was deported, even for causing such a serious injury.