70-year-old Australian man allegedly punched in the face by tourist after trying to stop a fight in Pattaya

webfact

10 hours ago, champers said:

One drunk hits another drunk.

The End.

What a story!

You don´t read very well Sir, do you! Please point out where you found information about that the 70 years old Australian was drunk. However, you will not do that, because now you will hide and be quiet, as you know you can´t provide that kind of info.

That, was the end of the story, Sir. Not at all as you expected. 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

It's horrible but I've learned ALMOST never to get involved.   I've seen some bad stuff and kept walking.

I do think I have a limit.....if a kid is being (Insert bad stuff), then any decent human probably has to risk their life to do something.

but you have to realize you are risking your life.   this isn't the movies.

Its not horrible, its common sense, but it can feel strange to some westerners  Never get involved under any circumstances in situations involving strangers

• Like 1

did Tony learn from his punch in the face experience ?     was he a do-gooder who thought he could handle himself pretty good as he did back in Aussie with the kids at footy practice.

How many times has Tony been punched in the face before ?

Does he always try to resolve other people's arguments when he's out and about  ?

Will Tony ever take a motor bike taxi ride again or will he be scared ?

Will Tony ever talk to drunken tourists again or will he ignore them ?

If Tony got a punch in the face,  why are they bandaging his head ?

Did Tony get more than just a punch in the face ?

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

a 70 year old shouldnt be out prowling the streets at night interfering in others busines,, i can guarantee he still wears a chang wife beater and thinks he's a hero , with a 21 year old wife and 3 year old kid... or is that just me assuming that almost every farang ive seen out and about in pattaya last few days is the same? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sambum said:

Where there's a will there's a way!

And apparently you forgot to read that he was also being violent! 

I didn't forget to read anything but maybe we should find out a little

bit more before we demand his deportation   there's plenty of reasons why people get angry

Where is your patience ?  with  6700+ posts I doubt this is your first time organising the TVF lynch mob

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Stick your nose in where it doesn't belong, chances are it will get punched.

So you blame the well intentioned victim then? There’s an inherent risk in such circumstances, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t worth a try. In many cases the outcome is for the good guys. So no to the idea that he had no business trying. He had a right to do so, and he may be a better man than you

19 hours ago, webfact said:

She said Mr. Tony saw an unidentified foreign tourist quarreling with a motorcycle taxi driver and went to stop the situation from escalating. However, the tourist punched Mr. Tony in the face for his intervention and walked away.

Should have walked on by, not his issue.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm....  :whistling:

You’re getting on my nerves now. Read the story properly. Mrs Suwan  was talking about the tourist who was quarreling with the motor bike taxi., not Mr Tony.

» However, the tourist punched Mr Tony in the face for his intervention and walked away. The tourist also seemed heavily intoxicated, Mrs Suwan added, » 

God, I must be bored (  laugh  emoji) 

6 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

So you blame the well intentioned victim then? There’s an inherent risk in such circumstances, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t worth a try. In many cases the outcome is for the good guys. So no to the idea that he had no business trying. He had a right to do so, and he may be a better man than you

How is the view way up there on your high horse?

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And why the hell would someone feel the need to stop a fight with a local moto taxi rider???

If the taxi man got in serious trouble a pack of pals would spring to help and beat the drunkard AND him unconscious.

I don't know.... he should have let nature take it's course as you say and a few other locals would have restored the 'balance'.... or shall we say, doled out justice!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Should have walked on by, not his issue.

Yes, he shouldn't have intruded the conflict field. A conflict between two parties never turns out very well if a third party turns up for unsolicited help. That's probably why police was invented. 

• Like 1

Mr. Tony made a mistake to get involved but there is one guilty party

The person that assaulted him.

High time to ban visa free travel and require home country criminal checks

Guarantee this "bloke" is guilty and has a record of social offenses and deviance

You don't just come to Thailand and start fighting with taxi drivers and punching geezers in the face. Criminal scu, what should have never been let in the country, I'd reckon.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What are you babebrlying about no where does it say he was Thai or Driving.

“tourist quarreling with a motorcycle taxi driver”..

Or quarreling with a Nigerian piloting a helicopter in Pattaya streets.

Edited by Tarteso

16 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I didn't forget to read anything but maybe we should find out a little

bit more before we demand his deportation   there's plenty of reasons why people get angry

Where is your patience ?  with  6700+ posts I doubt this is your first time organising the TVF lynch mob

Maybe I should have phrased my post differently! Of course I don't expect somebody to be deported for being drunk!

I was implying that if the RTP and the powers that be want to, they can find a way to deport someone for the most trivial of offences.

And I was also just pointing out that he was not only drunk, but he was also being violent - in the UK it is called "drunk and disorderly", and if apprehended would probably mean a night in the cells, and a slap on the wrist and a fine in the Magistrate's Court the following morning! 

Maybe the Aussie was kindly trying to warn him that if he threw a punch he would be fighting with every motor bike taxi driver within a 100 yards. It rarely ends well for the tourist who does that. Seen it too many times.

Almost to me many many years ago when I was stupid enough to question one about something or other he did that I didn't like. I quickly stopped when more taxi bike riders seemed to be slowly approaching us looking like no prisoners would be taken should I be silly enough to escalate things. I didn't.

Edited by Simon1287
typo

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Maybe I should have phrased my post differently! Of course I don't expect somebody to be deported for being drunk!

I was implying that if the RTP and the powers that be want to, they can find a way to deport someone for the most trivial of offences.

And I was also just pointing out that he was not only drunk, but he was also being violent - in the UK it is called "drunk and disorderly", and if apprehended would probably mean a night in the cells, and a slap on the wrist and a fine in the Magistrate's Court the following morning! 

I don't doubt for one minute that the police have the power to at least influence, the deportation of undesirables although its very rare that deportation is actually carried out. In fact it's hardly  ever mentioned, in "real life" by the authorities  come to think of it . Quite the opposite  of the TVF where outraged members demand it on a daily basis

As far as the UK goes, things are done  a bit differently there in these enlightened times, and you would be amazed what foreigners ( especially illegal immigrants)  have to do to get deported. 

Only recently, attempts to deport some seriously nasty people, including pedos and rapists, were scuppered by  last minute appeals by their lawyers who were provided at tax-payers expense!

if i was in pattaya and saw this happening i would not get involved.Maybe say don,t make problems walk away.But if the tourist wants to make a problem I,am sure the moto taxi and friends would have sorted him out themselves and he would have being alot worse off for sure.Number one rule don,t upset thais in bars or taxi drivers and walk away if you see a problem,it only makes a bigger problem  for you