Thai Baht continues to weaken below 37.60 Baht/US$ as market awaits outcome of MPC to raise rates

webfact

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

USD still gaining on the Thb, might be 38Thb to $1 sooner than the banks think.

image.png.25195344177312c27e0fb6d4ac6d90eb.png

Well 41 is the first real resistance on the dollar baht chart....Expect a pull back at 41...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

On the 16th we get notice of our next years SSA increase, Projection is huge

I am keeping my fingers crossed but,  I also think that is a big reason why the FED Reserve has been so aggressively raising rates

Trying to kill the inflation number as much as they can before that date then try to claim its down so SS COLA is only xxx%

I hope I'm wrong on that one ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Berti said:

It‘s not Baht weakness, it‘s Dollar strength.

Even my dog knows this already.

The world needs Dollars, Oil, Gold, Other Precious Metals, Diamonds all dealth in $$$.  It they were trsded in any other currency, it would be the same...........I still say it has nothing to do with current political administration in office at this point in America...........

• Thanks 1

And since Thailand has made the decision to boot the westerners it is loosing out.  

Baby boomers are the richest retirees in the world.. What ever idiot is in charge of Thai decisions should be drummed out of the country.

Luckily Mexico is lapping up the billions in retirement dollars the boomers have accumulated... Thailands will pick up the mega rich Indians, and Chinese...  Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

Between 8-9% will be next year. 

Yes Sweet.  Last year was good this year is even better. Especially if living out of the US.. Mexico is the huge winner here. Only showing 175K or so in the bank... So sweet....They have a true perminent visa.  So doe's most of SA..  Us boomers are the luckiest people by far..

Edited by Gknrd

I'm surprised at how the Thai SET reacts to all this turmoil. Hovering around 1,500- 1,600 for almost 10 years as if nothing happened, except for the dip at the beginning of the pandemic.

Edited by SymS

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

And since Thailand has made the decision to boot the westerners it is loosing out.  

Baby boomers are the richest retirees in the world.. What ever idiot is in charge of Thai decisions should be drummed out of the country.

Luckily Mexico is lapping up the billions in retirement dollars the boomers have accumulated... Thailands will pick up the mega rich Indians, and Chinese...  Good luck.

Friend just bought a nice house in an enclave on a 99 year land lease...his kids and grandkids will enjoy it....

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

If Trump were still in office, there wouldn't be a war. 

Biden was responsible for stirring up this war, and wow what a surprise, the US's involvement has helped them financially. It's tragic and more tragic that many can't see it. 

Sure has not helped my stocks I have in Raytheon, Northrop Gruman, Boeing or General Dynamics.  Tell me how it's helping financially.  My military asset stocks are taking a hit....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Jeez Louise, if you really think that is the reason, don't quit your day job..............nothing to do with presidency, all to do with World Ecomomics........just a matter of supply and demand.......Peace

Day job as Purchasing Manager left 2015. Go America and Biden. Peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Friend just bought a nice house in an enclave on a 99 year land lease...his kids and grandkids will enjoy it....

Anyone can do that? Doesn't change the facts that Thailand does not have a real retirement visa! 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, Gknrd said:

Anyone can do that? Doesn't change the facts that Thailand does not have a real retirement visa! 

What are you trying to say? You want Thailand to have a retirement visa like the Philippines? Or are you trying to say there are no true Retirement options for Thailand.  Which if you are I find strange since many I know are on a retirement extensions and have lived her for many years as a retired Expat.

3 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Luckily Mexico is lapping up the billions in retirement dollars the boomers have accumulated... Thailands will pick up the mega rich Indians, and Chinese...  Good luck

Wow such a jealousy?  Why? Not yet able to find your  bride in the land of broth.... Thailand has not done anything to turn off Westerner except in the deranged minds of destitute foreigners unable to find a living or bride in their home lands.

Edited by Onerak

42 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I agree. There are plenty of one year at a time options, available for many reasons. But none of them are assured for the probable duration of retirement or even a reasonable period that masquerades as one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Nice jump in the £ as was 39.55 yesterday. Meanwhile A$ went down ????

6 hours ago, shackleton said:

As long as the baht stays above 40 to the pound should be okay 

It could worse  if you live in the ???????? UK 

according to my sister a  pensioner  there  spending most of her Pension on heating 

for many years i have worked on 40baht to the pound .,if its up i make a profit if  its under a loss when itransfer by wise , just hope it stays over .

• Like 1

I'm very fortunate that I get half my income from Pounds and half from USD. They were identical amounts a few months ago, both paid in THB here in Thailand. Today the difference is around 7,000, as one increases in value, the other decreases by a similar amount but the total stays about the same....lucky lucky me.

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you trying to say? You want Thailand to have a retirement visa like the Philippines? Or are you trying to say there are no true Retirement options for Thailand.  Which if you are I find strange since many I know are on a retirement extensions and have lived her for many years as a retired Expat. Spit out exactly what your trying to say.

Exactly what I said, there is no retirement visa here. Only a yearly extension.

• Like 1