Pound slumps to all-time low against dollar

webfact

21 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Hunt with a C confirmed as new Chancellor.....I wonder who comes after him.

Are you available next Thursday? I have an appointment and would also like to keep the following weekend free. I can take over from you on 24/10. Can someone relieve me on 1/11 please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jokes aside. This is embarrassing. This is political ineptness never previously seen in the UK.

Shortly before Johnson was ousted, someone - apologies; I can't remember who - posted that those of us who wanted him out should be careful what we wished for. I dismissed this comment as nonsense from a disgruntled Johnson apologist; any new leader could not possibly be as bad. Unfortunately, in hindsight, it seems that I may have been wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Jokes aside. This is embarrassing. This is political ineptness never previously seen in the UK.

Shortly before Johnson was ousted, someone - apologies; I can't remember who - posted that those of us who wanted him out should be careful what we wished for. I dismissed this comment as nonsense from a disgruntled Johnson apologist; any new leader could not possibly be as bad. Unfortunately, in hindsight, it seems that I may have been wrong.

That was me who posted that people should be careful for what they wish for .

Boris was quite politically central and stable  and Truss is further to the Right and not as stable as Boris

Truss should never have backed down to the pressure from the champagne communists. A slippery slope. A political mistake. She should have doubled down on those policies, not reversed.

Her only saving grace is that Labour are still unelectable. WMD Tony is probably considering a comeback as we speak.

• Haha 1

Absolute debacle of a press conference.

Most of the questions she took during that humiliating 8 minutes questioned why she should remain in office. 

Stormed off after answering (for want of a better word) the fourth one. 

Debacle. 

She is going to find it incredibly difficult to survive as pm after this. 

tick tick tick…

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SatEng said:

Regardless of your own personal fantasies

- Tony Blair will not make a comeback

- Boris Johnson will not be leader of the conservative party again

- The Conservative party have now been in office so long that pointing the finger at the opposition history will not work with the electorate - an electorate who will want to see change at the next election

- The only way for the Tories to remain in power is to shift the goalposts - allow a Scottish referendum and take the SNP MPs out of Westminster so that there is not a left coalition of Labour/Lib/SNP with enough votes to defeat them- above all the Tories want to remain in power and any ideology can be sacrificed for that

Are you personally in favour of Scottish independence ?

9 minutes ago, SatEng said:

Regardless of your own personal fantasies

- Tony Blair will not make a comeback

Probably - and hopefully - true

- Boris Johnson will not be leader of the conservative party again

Personally, I'm not so sure about that

- The Conservative party have now been in office so long that pointing the finger at the opposition history will not work with the electorate - an electorate who will want to see change at the next election

Agreed

- The only way for the Tories to remain in power is to shift the goalposts - allow a Scottish referendum and take the SNP MPs out of Westminster so that there is not a left coalition of Labour/Lib/SNP with enough votes to defeat them- above all the Tories want to remain in power and any ideology can be sacrificed for that

Can't see that helping. A Westminster parliament without Scottish MPs would probably help Labour more. Instead of having to govern in a coalition, they would probably be able to form a government on their own.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

I believe it was 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

Of flapdoodle, however.

'Yes, the Chancellor is sacked but we haven't done anything wrong. And God, I miss him, the man I just sacked. However I respect his decision to be sacked'....

And I've replaced him with someone who I didn't consider fit to serve in my original cabinet.

• Like 2