Sim only package-12 months

Gabe H Coud

Apologies in advance, I've been involved in a sub forum on this subject before a couple of years ago, but I just cant find it now 

It's that time of the year again for me go need to renew my annual 12 month SIM only package 

Last 2 years I've used this AIS package see link below. I've tried to look on Lazada but I'm just hopeless  I can't compare as don't understand

What I do know is I need 

*12 months

*includes ALL calls to ALL networks 

* minimum speed 8mbps no slowdown(I actually get 55mbps where I live) 

* totally unlimited data 

Has anyone shopped around recently and seen a better deal than 2199 baht? 

TIA 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.7bFcB

Are you sure that the product still exists?

.Register before October 2021‼

That is the only vendor selling that package, anywhere. Doesn't mean that it isn't okay, just that I haven't seen it anywhere else. I only know of their monthly 8 Mbps pack.

DTAC and Truemove H still have unlimited data annual packs. AIS just month unlimited these days.

Typical examples with AIS: 4 Mbps with free any network calls, 150 baht per 30 days, 8 Mbps with free AIS calls, 150 baht per 30 days,  15 Mbps with free any network calls, 200 baht per 30 days and 20 Mbps with free AIS calls, 200 baht per 30 days

Edited by Bruno123

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Are you sure that the product still exists?

Plus all reviews are from 12 months ago. Furthermore, that is the only vendor selling that package, anywhere.

DTAC and Truemove H still have unlimited data annual packs. AIS just month unlimited these days.

Typical examples with AIS: 4 Mbps with free any network calls, 150 baht per 30 days, 8 Mbps with free AIS calls, 150 baht per 30 days,  15 Mbps with free any network calls, 200 baht per 30 days and 20 Mbps with free AIS calls, 200 baht per 30 days

Thanks for reply/info

Yes I saw that too but in description below it says it  has to be registered by 31 march '23 

I'd best check with them 

Thanks again 

Just now, Gabe H Coud said:

Thanks for reply/info

Yes I saw that too but in description below it says it  has to be registered by 31 march '23 

I'd best check with them 

Thanks again 

I edited my post after checking the Most Recent tab of the review section.

Noticed that there is another seller now. So perhaps a new batch has been released.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3ais-8-mbps-8mbps-i3469757406-s12995656570.html

Though actually cheaper to go monthly if you don't need the free any network calls. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Interesting, i quite like the idea that after the previous purchase all my calls are free and i dont need to top up, but i admit i dont make many calls at all

So how does it work with monthly? how long does that offer last for? How do you actually pay versus my 12 month one off payment ?

2 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

Interesting, i quite like the idea that after the previous purchase all my calls are free and i dont need to top up, but i admit i dont make many calls at all

So how does it work with monthly? how long does that offer last for? How do you actually pay versus my 12 month one off payment ?

The monthly offers run for at least six months, in theory. In practice, it might be longer. ????

If they do inform you that it is ending after six months, just give the call centre a buzz and they will continue it for you or offer the closest that they have at the same cost.

You can top up the whole amount for six months, 900 baht or just top up prior to each monthly renewal date...or if you don't want to use it for a month or two...not top up at all.

Personally, I would go for 15 Mbps unlimited with free any network calls for 200 baht. An upgraded version of the 8 Mbps offer, for not much more. 15 Mbps better for video etc.

are these AIS packages you refer to available with AIS directly(via stores) as mine last 2 years was not(lazada only)

Also crucially can i keep my current AIS number (that would be most appealing if so as i have to change with the package i sent you in OP )

thanks again for top intel

1 minute ago, Gabe H Coud said:

are these AIS packages you refer to available with AIS directly(via stores) as mine last 2 years was not(lazada only)

Also crucially can i keep my current AIS number (that would be most appealing if so as i have to change with the package i sent you in OP )

You can apply them yourself via USSD code or simply pick a vendor from Lazada who has them and can supply or apply.

If I post them here, the vendors get nothing.

3 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

The only way to keep your number, would be to call AIS and ask them to apply a suitable package month by month package for you. They do that for the one year SIM. Some members were offered 10 Mbps for 150 baht per 30 days or 10 Mbps with free any network calls for 200 baht per 30 days. 

If you go for the pack without the free calls, but you would like free AIS calls, tap in *777*498# before you top up. Then top up the 150 baht. That will give you free unlimited AIS to AIS calls every time you top up 150 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

no contract, good for one year,  one time fee of 1400 for 15 mbps.  1650 for 30 mbps

good deal that DTAC plan

I spoke to AIS call centre and she said that those plans(150/200 month that Bruno mentions above) are currently still available and can be requested at end of my 'plan' in a few weeks

But that i would aslo be offered this...

-1 year plan

-speed 10 Mbps guaranteed minimum

-Limit of 100Gb per month(i average about 30gb month but she advised i would use more data as speed a bit faster. How much more do you use when go from 8 to 10, anyone know?)

-after exceed limit speed drops to a crawl (128kbps)

-calls free to AIS(30 mins max then call back)

-Calls free to other networks but limited to 60min/month

-One off price of 1790baht incl tax 

All of the above keeps same number

Thanks for all replies, i will chew on all this

23 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

good deal that DTAC plan

I spoke to AIS call centre and she said that those plans(150/200 month that Bruno mentions above) are currently still available and can be requested at end of my 'plan' in a few weeks

-1 year plan

-Limit of 100Gb per month(i average about 30gb month but she advised i would use more data as speed a bit faster. How much more do you use when go from 8 to 10, anyone know?)

30gb a month is too low, you want a worry free amount, preferably unlimited, if not 100gb. One of my DTAC sims is 60gb, too low really for me as watching 3-4 days of golf can burn through it. I also use my AIS unlimited as a hotspot so I don't burn through all the DTAC 60gb

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

good deal that DTAC plan

-1 year plan

1. I have no idea why you wouldn't choose an unlimited data plan monthly when the price is the same.  You might find once you have unlimited you'll never understand why you did'nt have it on your phone all this time.

2.  If your phone has a 2nd sim card spot, you can keep your old number and plug in the new card for all your data and calls.  All incoming calls to your old number will still be free too.

3. If you don't have a second sim card spot, you can now use an Esim with your old number, and you still get everything in #2

Just bought for gf: Dtac sim 1 year unlimited data @ 30mbps + all networks calls 60min/month for ~1600thb (promotion ~1400thb expired.

CheckedTrue unlimited but their fastest equivalent is 15mbps (although not sure which one is actually faster, True 15mbps or Dtac 30mpbs? ???? )

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, sallecc said:

Just bought for gf: Dtac sim 1 year unlimited data @ 30mbps + all networks calls 60min/month for ~1600thb (promotion ~1400thb expired.

CheckedTrue unlimited but their fastest equivalent is 15mbps (although not sure which one is actually faster, True 15mbps or Dtac 30mpbs? ???? )

I honestly notice no difference in Dtac 10 and 20.   Where it might come into play is if using TV and another person streaming video on the phone same time.  In that case I noticed the 10 gets less quality streams.

10 is on android and 20 on iphone.

Honestly, my apple is the worse hotspot product as it always disconnects and doesn't automatically recognize it as being on when I come back to the room where teh android does.  Android has the better product feature here in my experience.    Even though the android is $100 and my iphone was $1500

23 hours ago, sallecc said:

When they refer to all network calls(30 min max) is that other mobiles networks or does it refer to fixed landlines as well? 

I ask because I think in UK that would mean other mobiles and that landlines would not be subject to the monthly limit 

53 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

When they refer to all network calls(30 min max) is that other mobiles networks or does it refer to fixed landlines as well? 

I ask because I think in UK that would mean other mobiles and that landlines would not be subject to the monthly limit 

“All network calls” specifically means mobile networks and has nothing to do with landlines. It also means that calls totalling 30 minutes are free (it is unlikely, but possible, that individual calls under 30 minutes are free) again the details are in the T&Cs of the contact.

Landline calls are separate from that and may be charged (most likely are) but that is in the T&C of the contract so they may be free.

There is no monthly limit to call length, just a monthly free limit.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

“All network calls” specifically means mobile networks and has nothing to do with landlines. It also means that calls totalling 30 minutes are free (it is unlikely, but possible, that individual calls under 30 minutes are free) again the details are in the T&Cs of the contact.

Landline calls are separate from that and may be charged (most likely are) but that is in the T&C of the contract so they may be free.

There is no monthly limit to call length, just a monthly free limit.

Your reply is totally erroneous.

Any networks calls include landlines. 

You are also wrong with regard to the duration. Each call can be up to 15/30 minutes in duration. Then you either hang up and redial or pay for the remainder, if wanting to continue the call. There is no limit to the amount of calls that you make with Unlimited any network calls. There is no monthly free limit unless specified; e.g. 60 minutes per month.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Your reply is totally erroneous.

No it isn’t. It is your reading or comprehension that is sadly lacking as the detail you say are not there are. Also as different packages have different limitations, as I noted the precise details are in the T&Cs. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No it isn’t. It is your reading or comprehension that is sadly lacking as the detail you say are not there are. Also as different packages have different limitations, as I noted the precise details are in the T&Cs. 

You are and you were completely wrong and now you are just posting utter nonsense.

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, Gabe H Coud said:

2199 baht? 

That's a good deal if you actually have "unlimited"  data.

I'm paying 249 a month (TRUE)for 10 GB data 100 minutes talk a month. 

However I just saw this.  I'll be calling them myself.

Screenshot_20220930_095453.jpg.3f7440417333be097fd8a21f2ebb2944.jpg

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That's a good deal if you actually have "unlimited"  data.

I'm paying 249 a month (TRUE)for 10 GB data 100 minutes talk a month. 

However I just saw this.  I'll be calling them myself.

Screenshot_20220930_095453.jpg.3f7440417333be097fd8a21f2ebb2944.jpg

Don't get overexcited. First, test the speed you can get at your place with Truemove H. If it's not more than 30 Mbps, then what sense is there to pay 699 plus VAT, when you can buy a 30 Mbps plan for 235/265 with free any network calls?

23 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Don't get overexcited. First, test the speed you can get at your place with Truemove H. If it's not more than 30 Mbps, then what sense is there to pay 699 plus VAT, when you can buy a 30 Mbps plan for 235/265 with free any network calls?

Yes, always check out the promotions on the providers website or call them.  Packages are always changing.

These days its all about the internet.  Anyone, anywhere can call free on Line, what's App, or Skype.

These days you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone or business that doesn't use Line. 

100 minutes is fine for anyone who needs to call grandma or grandpa who doesn't understand the apps. 

14 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes, always check out the promotions on the providers website or call them.  Packages are always changing.

These days its all about the internet.  Anyone, anywhere can call free on Line, what's App, or Skype.

These days you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone or business that doesn't use Line. 

100 minutes is fine for anyone who needs to call grandma or grandpa who doesn't understand the apps. 

Sorry, but your post makes no sense at all. Promo isn't be found on their website. If it was, you wouldn't overexcited about paying 699 baht + VAT instead you would see the deal that I mentioned, but you didn't. So your advice is not good at all in this instance.

I don't ever check for promotions on the providers website.

I have no idea as to why you are telling me it's all about the Internet. You are paying 249 + VAT for 10 GB of data. I just informed you that you can get unlimited data for 235 baht....and you respond by trying to tell me that the best place to look is on their website....and that it's all about the Internet.... Makes no sense to me at all...sorry.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

30gb a month is too low, you want a worry free amount, preferably unlimited, if not 100gb. One of my DTAC sims is 60gb, too low really for me as watching 3-4 days of golf can burn through it. I also use my AIS unlimited as a hotspot so I don't burn through all the DTAC 60gb

Don't you have WiFi at your house/condo.

I usually use a "Hotspot" on my phone if I'm traveling and even then the hotels have WiFi.