Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas pipelines to Europe

Scott

2 minutes ago, lemmie said:

Nordstream 2 pipeline has not been put into service as of yet and is transporting no gas.

it wasn't transporting gas, but it was filled with gas.

https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/market-insights/latest-news/natural-gas/092722-three-leaks-detected-on-nord-stream-nord-stream-2-pipelines-dea

Nord Stream 2 never started commercial operations despite construction work on the two-string 55 Bcm/year pipeline being completed in September last year and the lines then being filled with some 350 million cu m of gas in late December.

"Baltic Pipe" is currently in the conceptual phase and front end engineering design now. It considers transmission of Norwegian gas to landfall in De. Could be in service in 24 months, more or less. Repairs to NS1 & NS2 could, should  take some months as the failures are in relatively shallow waters.

8 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t think that Russia will be so stupid as to advertise a possible attack on the Baltic Pipeline. If they wanted to, they would have just gone ahead and sabotaged it.

The main beneficiary of this sabotage is the US. Many European leaders have come to realise that they have been duped by the US into fighting this proxy war but are impotent to do anything about it.

I don't know about the leaders but seems the ordinary folks had enough already. I spent 3 months in Europe,  uncertainty about the future and internal divisions are everywhere. People started to gravitate towards populist parties, to the far right or the far left, which was easily predictable.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/inflation-bankruptcies-and-fears-of-decline-is-this-the-return-of-the-sick-man-of-europe-a-41d914b0-0322-46a8-9087-d118b3f0b399

"Left-wing politician Gregor Gysi went after an allegedly "overmatched" federal government, while far-right mouthpiece Jürgen Elsässer ranted into the microphone: "If the government wants to freeze the people for its damn war against Russia, then the people must give the government a hot autumn.""

EU lost its focus and is facing intense competition from China for many of its exports, if China gobbles more market share there would be even less money to redistribute.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:24 PM, ezzra said:

I'm asking a simple question, with all the special units and special operatives trained assassins and hitmen some big country have under their control, and even within Russia itself, how hard it is to get rid of this menace to humanity Putin guy?...

Where's 007 when we need him?

I don't think leaders of the world are keen on assassinating other leaders given that they might be the target if they did authorize such.

As for the US

https://www.hsdl.org/?view&did=445986

ABSTRACT
EXECUTIVE ORDER 1233 AND ITS PROHIBITION ON ASSASSINATIONS, by
Major Kimberly A. Cowen, USA, 63 pages.
Through an executive order, the United States forfeited assassination as an instrument of
foreign policy.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, Bkk Brian said:

There's a newly opened gas pipeline (Baltic Pipeline) to ween Poland and Europe off Russian gas.

The plausible explanation I've seen is that Russia used this to threaten an attack on that pipeline.

This also add more plausibility to Russia being responsible as I mentioned in this post above. The expert comes to the same conclusions as I insinuated.

Just a 3 min video but explains the situation very well

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Putin's stooge

Meanwhile in Russia: every state TV program is feasting on Tucker Carlson's accusations that the Biden administration is somehow involved in causing the Nord Stream damage. Military expert loved Tucker's idea about cutting undersea internet cables & said, "Sure, why not?" Watch:

Just watch the first 35 seconds of this video. Then decide for yourself if Biden may be involved:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Issanman said:

Just watch the first 35 seconds of this video. Then decide for yourself if Biden may be involved:

Watched it already Putin stooges are spreading it everywhere. He's also referring to Nord 2 which was stopped already. Whats funny @farmerjo

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

But if you can't, and I doubt strongly you can, then stop spreading falsehoods.

I can. However, I doubt you are able to accept any views other than your own though.

Usually, I wouldn't want such an extended video. And I imagine you were counting on that. But because it looked legitimate, had interesting people on, and was stuck somewhere with nothing to do, I decided to watch  the whole thing. There was absolutely nothing in that video concerning a proposal for Russia and Ukraine to settle on a 20% territorial concession. Nor was there anything about the sabotage of the Nord stream pipeline. However the discussion did make some very interesting points. For instance that the reason Kazakhstan is standing up to Putin is that China is backing it. And that India is backing off supporting Russia because Russia is no longer supporting the arms that India has purchased from Russia. In fact I didn't hear anything in that video that could be construed as in any way supporting Russia's version of events. You've got nothing except falsehoods.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

? What is probably the world's best negotiator and deal maker offering to be the adult in the room and help broker a deal, and you call him a clown? Of course, this invasion did not occur on his watch. Putin knew better than to try that, and waited until weakness and incompetence reared its head and took the opportunity the insecure biden admin presented.

I note Russian media is displaying anger over the pipeline sabotage, and also ridiculing the western msm narrative that Russia blew up their own pipeline because they are too dumb to flip a switch.

The world's best negotiator? On what basis do you support that position? Certainly not Trump's business history. He repeatedly got out negotiated at the negotiating tables when he purchased various businesses and had to declare bankruptcy. If the people from The apprentice hadn't come along and offered him a position Trump  would be remembered today has the guy who drove his father's real estate empire into the ground.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Usually, I wouldn't want such an extended video. And I imagine you were counting on that. But because it looked legitimate, had interesting people on, and was stuck somewhere with nothing to do, I decided to watch  the whole thing. There was absolutely nothing in that video concerning a proposal for Russia and Ukraine to settle on a 20% territorial concession. Nor was there anything about the sabotage of the Nord stream pipeline. However the discussion did make some very interesting points. For instance that the reason Kazakhstan is standing up to Putin is that China is backing it. And that India is backing off supporting Russia because Russia is no longer supporting the arms that India has purchased from Russia. In fact I didn't hear anything in that video that could be construed as in any way supporting Russia's version of events. You've got nothing except falsehoods.

Unbelievable. You asked for the source, I provided it for you and you can’t even bring yourself to listen to it. At around the 9 min mark, Alexandra Filippenko. Not please stop accusing me of spreading falsehoods; I’d hate to report you. 

You also said that there was nothing about the sabotage. Are you actually watching the correct video? At around the 6-7 min mark, the former French ambassador clearly states economic benefits for those that are selling liquid gas to Europe.

I know, it’s deflating when the truth doesn’t suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Issanman said:

Not only Biden. Someone called Victoria Nuland said the same. It’s clear as daylight as to who the culprit is and the underlying undeniable reasons. But blind are those that do not see.

And the Polish MEP has already pointed the finger at the US.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

A 45 minute video, do you really expect anyone to spend their time watching that for you to substantiate any claim? The very least you can do is tell us which of those debaters backs up what you said and the time at which its said

Didn’t you post earlier somewhere that you like to check all sources? A 45 minute video too long to watch? Guess you only scan headlines then.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Didn’t you post earlier somewhere that you like to check all sources? A 45 minute video too long to watch? Guess you only scan headlines then.

Yes far too long to only then discover it does not substantiate your claim in the slightest.

Unbelievable. You asked for the source, I provided it for you and you can’t even bring yourself to listen to it. At around the 9 min mark, Alexandra Filippenko. Not please stop accusing me of spreading falsehoods; I’d hate to report you. 

You also said that there was nothing about the sabotage. Are you actually watching the correct video? At around the 6-7 min mark, the former French ambassador clearly states economic benefits for those that are selling liquid gas to Europe.

I know, it’s deflating when the truth doesn’t suit.

.I must have briesfly dozed off.

That said, the former French ambassadaor specifically say's he's only speculating.  And the other commentator actually said the the gas pipeline ruptures shows what Russian can do. I have found no other evidence anyhere to back up her vague claim about some sort of negotiations between Russia and Europe that Russia gets 20% of Ukraine in exchange for Russian natural gas. Is this all you've got? Is that what you base your assertions on? 

Edited by placeholder

Because there's no options except headlnes and 45 minute videos? You should have done what you later did which is to identify where the comments in question were located. That said, what is it with Putin supporters and videos? Is some kind of outbreak of dyslexia afflicting supporters of the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Or is that among some reading is just a lost skill?

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

.I must have briesfly dozed off.

That said, the former French ambassadaor specifically say's he's only speculating.  And the other commentator actually said the the gas pipeline ruptures shows what Russian can do. I have found no other evidence anyhere to back up her vague claim about some sort of negotiations between Russia and Europe that Russia gets 20% of Ukraine in exchange for Russian natural gas. Is this all you've got? Is that what you base your assertions on? 

French ambassadaor specifically say's he's only speculating.

Haha. And none of you are? Lol

Is the Polish MEP also speculating? 

But  I get it. You have your point of view and you won’t be changing your mind anytime soon, if at all. We will never know who was responsible as all the evidence will point to one direction and no one will dare to name the real culprit. It will be evidence inconclusive, case closed.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

? What is probably the world's best negotiator and deal maker offering to be the adult in the room and help broker a deal, and you call him a clown? Of course, this invasion did not occur on his watch. Putin knew better than to try that, and waited until weakness and incompetence reared its head and took the opportunity the insecure biden admin presented.

I note Russian media is displaying anger over the pipeline sabotage, and also ridiculing the western msm narrative that Russia blew up their own pipeline because they are too dumb to flip a switch.

A further observation just occurred to me? Trump to be the "adult in the room"?  Realy? That would be a first.

A recent Al Jazeera video raised some interesting points. The pipeline is Russia’s trump card over Europe. It’s nonsensical to think that Russia would kill their own trump card. Also, the area in which the sabotage occurred is right at the heart of the US sphere, at the control of US intelligence, in the Baltic Sea. Furthermore, if Russian forces can breach such an area, it doesn’t bode well for the US.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

A recent Al Jazeera video raised some interesting points. The pipeline is Russia’s trump card over Europe. It’s nonsensical to think that Russia would kill their own trump card. Also, the area in which the sabotage occurred is right at the heart of the US sphere, at the control of US intelligence, in the Baltic Sea. Furthermore, if Russian forces can breach such an area, it doesn’t bode well for the US.

Price of natural gas shot up after pipeline incident. That hurts western Europe

One good thing coming out of this terrorist act is that Russia is now forced to look to the east to sell their gas. Naturally, China will be their biggest customer and China will benefit from the cheap gas that Europe had been enjoying for decades. Australia will suffer (natural gas is a much cleaner fuel then coal). China will build pipelines as part of their BRI and supply gas to Central and SEA.

All this time, Europe will be forced to import much more expensive LNG from US and Qatar. This is the beginning of the end for Europe and when that happens, the US will diminish in power alongside Europe. 

The future belongs to the Global South and the East.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1