Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas pipelines to Europe

Scott

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Allows. Quite different from actually calling up 1 million which is what the other poster claimed (he’s a bit light on facts, if you know what I mean).

If you've got something to say about me or an accusation about me then post to me directly and not to others, if you get my drift

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Allows. Quite different from actually calling up 1 million which is what the other poster claimed (he’s a bit light on facts, if you know what I mean).

What we do know is that people who aren't reservists, without any military training, are also being drafted. So that 300,000 figure is not to be trusted.

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Given that the price of gas shot up in the wake of the leak, it's clear that were such an act  believed to be done by the Russians, it could have some intimidating effect. But what's relevant isn't my belief but what would Putin's be. Given how badly the war is going for the Russians, he's clearly desperate.

It would be expected that the price of gas would have shot up, that’s how markets normally behave. However, given that Russia would then be unable to supply gas to Europe even if they wanted to, the price increase is totally inconsequential to Russia. So, doesn’t explain why they would sabotage the pipeline. If the price of lng shot up (don’t know if it did), then even more cui bono.

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

It would be expected that the price of gas would have shot up, that’s how markets normally behave. However, given that Russia would then be unable to supply gas to Europe even if they wanted to, the price increase is totally inconsequential to Russia. So, doesn’t explain why they would sabotage the pipeline. If the price of lng shot up (don’t know if it did), then even more cui bono.

Of course it's consequential to Russia. The rise in price will put a greater strain on European budgets.

Of course it's consequential to Russia. The rise in price will put a greater strain on European budgets.

No no no no no. Europe is already not buying Russian gas (other than the piddly amount from the Ukraine pipeline). So the price of natural gas is completely inconsequential. The price of something I don’t intend to buy is completely inconsequential to me. Economics 101.

• Like 1

No no no no no. Europe is already not buying Russian gas (other than the piddly amount from the Ukraine pipeline). So the price of natural gas is completely inconsequential. The price of something I don’t intend to buy is completely inconsequential to me. Economics 101.

Are you seriously stating that the price of natural gas is inconsequential to the Europeans? That it doesn't matter to the Europeans how much they pay as long as the gas isn't coming from Russia? I think you need to start at Economics 001.

US GOV VESSEL Kearsage was in the Baltic approx

50 miles from explosions, it has a welldeck aft, capable

of launching an underwater craft. Later the Keersage

was seen scurrying away through the English Channel.

All circumstantial suspicion of the US? who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Its been there for months, link to it seen scurrying away and through to the English Channel and only being 50 miles away?

“In the past several months, we have been operating in the Baltics and in the Mediterranean,” said Capt. Aaron Kelley, commander of the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group.

Don't forget about Russia's Baltic fleet either.

Edited by Bkk Brian

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you seriously stating that the price of natural gas is inconsequential to the Europeans? That it doesn't matter to the Europeans how much they pay as long as the gas isn't coming from Russia? I think you need to start at Economics 001.

Who is Europe buying natural gas from? By the way, I have a Masters degree in Economics from a first class western university. I have gone pass Economic 101. Have you?

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its been there for months, link to it seen scurrying away and through to the English Channel and only being 50 miles away?

“In the past several months, we have been operating in the Baltics and in the Mediterranean,” said Capt. Aaron Kelley, commander of the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group.

Don't forget about Russia's Baltic fleet either.

With some other U.S. Navy ships, the Kearsarge has been training for several months with the militaries of Sweden and Finland, which formally applied to join NATO after Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24.

The training mission is to promote safety and security in the region.

“We’ll continue to operate in those areas. And always the goal there is promoting safety and security in those regions and in international waters,” Kelley said.

So they have either failed in their mission of promoting safety and security or sabotaging the pipelines is actually their mission. I reckon the latter. 

By golly, the evidence is piling up day by day.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea I gave the link I read it thanks.  Still waiting for the claimed link on the US boat scurrying away to the English Channel and being only 50 miles away.

Address your request to the correct poster. Shame you can’t even get something so simple right.

Of course we also have the Norway report from the 26th:

Norway calls for vigilance over unidentified drones near oil and gas fields

The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) has urged oil companies and vessel owners to be more vigilant following a series of reports of unidentified drones flying close to oil and gas installations offshore Norway — including facilities considered strategically important to European gas supplies.

The oil safety regulator said on Monday that unidentified drones and aircraft could pose a serious risk to oil and gas platforms and helicopter traffic in the area, with the possibility of collisions or even “deliberate attacks”.

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Who is Europe buying natural gas from? By the way, I have a Masters degree in Economics from a first class western university. I have gone pass Economic 101. Have you?

I am supposed to be impressed with claims from an anonymous person? All I can reliably construe of your economic knowledge is what you post on these pages.

You think it won't detrimentally affect the European economy if instead of paying X dollars per unit they pay X +20% of X? You think wars don't have an economic dimension to them? That hurting the economy of your opponents isn't a plus for you?

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course we also have the Norway report from the 26th:

Norway calls for vigilance over unidentified drones near oil and gas fields

The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) has urged oil companies and vessel owners to be more vigilant following a series of reports of unidentified drones flying close to oil and gas installations offshore Norway — including facilities considered strategically important to European gas supplies.

The oil safety regulator said on Monday that unidentified drones and aircraft could pose a serious risk to oil and gas platforms and helicopter traffic in the area, with the possibility of collisions or even “deliberate attacks”.

Wow. The Americans sure mean business. No no no, silly me, it’s the Ukrainians that have used the Turkish drones to great effect, They even did a song and dance about it.

https://fb.watch/fRvG5JD3qx/

38 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

https://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-tracker/united-states-navy/uss-kearsarge/

Better check your sources in future, live tracking here, can be tracked for the last few days and its certainly not in the English Channel

I am supposed to be impressed with claims from an anonymous person? All I can reliably construe of your economic knowledge is what you post on these pages.

You think it won't detrimentally affect the European economy if instead of paying X dollars per unit they pay X +20% of X? You think wars don't have an economic dimension to them? That hurting the economy of your opponents isn't a plus for you?

Are you deflecting? Russia is not selling any gas to Europe. Only Norway is. How would an increase in the price of gas benefit Russia? It might benefit Norway but since Europe is so united, I’m sure Norway is supplying gas at a discount. 

And if the European economy is hurting, they only have themselves to blame for being a vassal union to the US.

Are you deflecting? Russia is not selling any gas to Europe. Only Norway is. How would an increase in the price of gas benefit Russia? It might benefit Norway but since Europe is so united, I’m sure Norway is supplying gas at a discount. 

And if the European economy is hurting, they only have themselves to blame for being a vassal union to the US.

If something hurts your opponent then it benefits you. Europe and Russia are opponents. The rise in gas prices hurts Europe. Therefore Europe's opponent, Russia, is helped. If I were to make this any simpler, I'd have to use a Ouija board to solicit Dr. Seuss' help.

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Always try to get your facts correct

There’s still some Russian gas flowing to Europe through a pipeline passing through Ukraine into Slovakia, and another crossing the Black Sea to Turkey and then to EU member Bulgaria. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/europe-is-facing-an-energy-crisis-as-russia-cuts-gas-heres-why

If this was carried out by USA or even better Norway, it would be a god sent gift for the conspiracy terrorists who so badly wish it is true.

Useful idiots for Putins regime at the best!

The propaganda war from our side is a  different matter than execute terrorism at this level!

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

https://www.cruisin.me/cruise-ship-tracker/united-states-navy/uss-kearsarge/

Better check your sources in future, live tracking here, can be tracked for the last few days and its certainly not in the English Channel

I said 'was seen' [read more carefully, past tense] of course

it has left the Channel. Using same source as you.

• Love It 1