Is it okay to be shirtless ( barechested) for a man doing exercise in a park?

topswijaya

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Most mornings I'm down jomtien beach. 

Some of the elderly guys going for their morning walk shirtless. 

The sight is sickening. 

Should be a law against it. 

Only to a people watcher, try to break the habit....????

Remember, we all get old, but still want to do our thing, without others pointing fingers...????

• Like 2

Just now, userabcd said:

On the Sukhumvit line BTS the other day, 2 elderly gentlemen with pot bellies got on the train wearing tank vests with shorts and both had tattooed arms.

My goodness, do they really think they look good like that. 

Another people watcher, were they bothering you........?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Well it is quite hard when on a train not to be aware of ones surroundings and they did stand out from everyone on the carriage.

That's where we differ, I personally would only remember a bird with big boobs, my head is sort of tuned to locate them.

Fat blokes, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, not my thing, though to some here, it might be... ....????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Is it not illegal to be shirtless in a public park?

A guy was arrested for not wearing a shirt in a Bangkok park and was jailed for 50 years.

OK, after being arrested for not wearing a shirt they found 5M THB of Ecstasy drug sown into his trousers.

I remember that, wasn't he a Manc?

48 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Shirtless is one thing, but Crocks and showing underwear definitely a no no.

No wonder Thais don't like us very much...

CiKnRoMUgAADSOK.jpg.f95803c3af52e78b8c6e381f41b928e1.jpg

Who sez Thais don't like 'us' very much? I'm a bit of cult figure round my neighbourhood,  and I did spell cult correctly! ????????

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Shirtless is one thing, but Crocks and showing underwear definitely a no no.

No wonder Thais don't like us very much...

CiKnRoMUgAADSOK.jpg.f95803c3af52e78b8c6e381f41b928e1.jpg

Seems like they have been working out and watching their diet and are showing off their bodies and are looking for attention and admiration and treating the local girls to a view how sexy they are, even showing off their underpants 

4 hours ago, transam said:

Only to a people watcher, try to break the habit....????

Remember, we all get old, but still want to do our thing, without others pointing fingers...????

I'm not really that fused, shirt or shirtless. 

It's actually really good to see everyone out and about, exercising and enjoying themselves. 

I like the atmosphere, you say good morning and you get a reply. 

Reminds of when I was living in Brisbane and Vung Tau lots of exercise facilities for those wanting to improve their health. 

I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but I do know taking care of yourself is a first priority. I often wonder, how smart people become obese, they should know better, why not look after yourself? ????

Just a few hours of exercise a week will keep you alive for many years more. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm not really that fused. 

It's actually really good to see everyone out and about, exercising and enjoying themselves. 

I like the atmosphere, you say good morning and you get a reply. 

Reminds of when I was living in Brisbane and Vung Tau lots of exercise facilities for those wanting to improve their health. 

I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but I do know taking care of yourself is a first priority. I often wonder, smart people, that are obese, why? ????

As you are a self proclaimed "not the sharpest tool in the box" I will let you know that its unhealthy to have bare skin in the sun, especially when the sun is hot . 

Better to keep skin covered for various reasons

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder how smart people can have stupid fad diets, one the other day, just eating meat, they lose some weight and think it's a success

Yes lots of strange things going on. 

I'm confused. 

Who grades smartness.?

I reckon it's one of the dumbest things you can do is to not look after your health, take care of yourself, it's free.

Life is too short, keep fit and enjoy this short time we have on planet earth.

Diabetes is killing so many of these obese people.

Dying early due to lack of exercise is very selfish, your family, loved one's will miss you. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As you are a self proclaimed "not the sharpest tool in the box" I will let you know that its unhealthy to have bare skin in the sun, especially when the sun is hot . 

Better to keep skin covered for various reasons

Daily sunlight on your bare skin is actually extremely healthy for you.

You want/need  about 20 minutes of your bare skin in the sun daily, best if soaked in midday between hours of 8 and noon to get healthy natural vitamin D production for your body.

The sun helps our bodies produce and absorb Vitamin D.

Vitamin D is beneficial for your immune system, bone health, and mood. Vitamin D also helps speed up metabolism and increases metabolism.

Getting sun in the morning also helps stabilize your circadian rhythm which improves your sleep quality and energy. At night the dark triggers our brains produce melatonin which is needed for sleep and recovery.

During the day the sunlight triggers our brains to produce serotonin which is needed for energy and vitality.

Getting into the sun in the morning tells our brain that it’s day time and that it’s time to start producing serotonin. 

The Serotonin produced from sun exposure also helps improve our moods and may even help with mild depression. 

Studies have also shown that sun exposure improves brain function.

Can you get vitamin D through clothes?

NO. This is not true, as the only way to trigger the chemical reaction that results in vitamin D production is for sunlight to reach your skin directly. Wearing clothes, or even sunscreen for that matter, blocks the sun's UV rays and limits vitamin D production.

5 Other Benefits
  • The sun's light kills bacteria. 
  • Sunlight reduces your blood pressure. ...
  • Limited Sun exposure reduces cancer risk. ...
  • The sun strengthens your bones. ...
  • Sunlight improves your sleep quality.
Like all things though.  Moderation is the key and not going all George Hamilton and  becoming leather face.
  • Like 1