Is it okay to be shirtless ( barechested) for a man doing exercise in a park?

topswijaya

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

wait let me get this straight. 

you are posting an article that is talking about decency and thai culture in pattaya ? 

post of the year son. 

That's the ironic thing.

Many times you'll here of complaints made by That's or government officials more likely that a farang was got smooching on the beach, falang girls wearing revealing bikinis, etc. 

Ridiculous but it happens regularly. 

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So you don't have a good fit body. ????????????

Actually, at the age of 63, jogging 4 km every morning and weighing 64 Kg, my body is in pretty good shape ????  No bulging muscles, but no man boobs and no beer gut either.  Regardless, I keep my shirt on (a collared shirt of course...)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I guess it depends on location. In my village men go shirtless all the time. I do sometimes but although I am fairly good shape and a bit tanned, my whiteness makes me stand out and I feel a bit self conscious. None here would go to another village shirtless, I am sure. I read somewhere that it is against the law the drive a car shirtless in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Inala said:

Simon, unless you're a very short guy, I think you're drastically underweight? At 5' 9", I should supposedly be about 78-85kgs (I wish!)

I can't imagine how thin 64kgs must look.

Simon is a smurf. Actually quite big as smurfs go.

• Haha 1

Your body - your choice, do as you please or comfortable with.  

Walking down Silom would be a bit weird.  Would you do that in a business district in your home country ... I think not.

Maybe when I was under 30 and quite fit, and not a fur ball yet ... ????

I don't button my shirts here, locally, unless going into a business, but, I am living rural and it's a surfside town.  So quite 'acceptable', as many Thais do the same or even shirtless themselves.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I guess it depends on location. In my village men go shirtless all the time. I do sometimes but although I am fairly good shape and a bit tanned, my whiteness makes me stand out and I feel a bit self conscious. None here would go to another village shirtless, I am sure. I read somewhere that it is against the law the drive a car shirtless in Thailand. 

Any houses for sale in your village? I'm in fairly good shape and tanned, seems like  it's the' go to place,' I'll wear a shirt when I drive though!????????????

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 2