Personal Accident Insurance

bradiston

40 minutes ago, nahkit said:

The government insurance is included when you pay your vehicle road tax and covers medical expenses up to 30k in the case of a motorcycle accident. So no, if you don't have a legally taxed vehicle in Thailand then you won't have it.

My response "comes into the discussion" because you yourself mentioned other sources of insurance in the event of a traffic accident.

the govt insurance goes up to 80k\85k medical if non fault, but i imagine proving that will be an issue

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the govt insurance goes up to 80k\85k medical if non fault, but i imagine proving that will be an issue

I think that higher value is for cars rather than motorcycles.

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

The government insurance is included when you pay your vehicle road tax and covers medical expenses up to 30k in the case of a motorcycle accident. So no, if you don't have a legally taxed vehicle in Thailand then you won't have it.

My response "comes into the discussion" because you yourself mentioned other sources of insurance in the event of a traffic accident.

My apologies. I ride a hired bike. The company I hire from is well established amongst foreigners (they're on Soi Buakhao, and have been there for an age), but I never bothered to ask about insurance. I had a scrape once with a taxi but the taxi driver settled with the bike company "out of court". I will make enquiries.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think so, not based on when i researched it a few years ago

Basic insurance coverage

If there is an accident, the driver can claim compensation if injured, but will not cover the motorcycle damage. The details are as followings:

Death, loss of vital organ, and permanent disability = up to ฿35,000
    Medical expenses = up to ฿30,000

https://www.roojai.com/en/motorbike-insurance/

Compulsory car insurance coverage

Medical Expenses = up to ฿ 80,000 per person
        Loss of Vital Organ = ฿ 200,000-500,000
        Death and Permanent Disability = ฿ 500,000 per person
        Daily Compensation (up to 20 days) = ฿ 200 baht

https://www.roojai.com/en/car-insurance/compulsory/

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

Basic insurance coverage

If there is an accident, the driver can claim compensation if injured, but will not cover the motorcycle damage. The details are as followings:

Death, loss of vital organ, and permanent disability = up to ฿35,000
    Medical expenses = up to ฿30,000

https://www.roojai.com/en/motorbike-insurance/

Compulsory car insurance coverage

Medical Expenses = up to ฿ 80,000 per person
        Loss of Vital Organ = ฿ 200,000-500,000
        Death and Permanent Disability = ฿ 500,000 per person
        Daily Compensation (up to 20 days) = ฿ 200 baht

https://www.roojai.com/en/car-insurance/compulsory/

A bit misleading that, better to use RVP website they don't differentiate between motorcycles and cars. As i suspected 30k and 80k max are the medical expenses

https://www.rvp.co.th/ClaimQA_en.php

Screenshot_2022-10-15-13-44-46-047_com.android.chrome.jpg

Emailed the girl I have dealt with for over ten years when renewing my car insurance with the AXA office in Phuket.  No reply....but today I get an email from another staff telling me my go to girl has moved on (she was a hottie).  Anyway the new girl has sent me a information brochure and individual application form for their Accident Insurance.  I will try to uploaded here with this post for anyone that is interested:

Sale Material__Exclusive MED_10062021.pdf Individual PA application form_26032020 (002).pdf

Edited by Adumbration

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Emailed the girl I have dealt with for over ten years when renewing my car insurance with the AXA office in Phuket.  No reply....but today I get an email from another staff telling me my go to girl has moved on (she was a hottie).  Anyway the new girl has sent me a information brochure and individual application form for their Accident Insurance.  I will try to uploaded here with this post for anyone that is interested:

Sale Material__Exclusive MED_10062021.pdf 1.36 MB · 1 download Individual PA application form_26032020 (002).pdf 585.25 kB · 0 downloads

make sure they endorse it for motorcycle use (same price), docs are ambiguous