PEA and Solar how low can you go?

21 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

I thought that they were cancelling the FT discount.  Not that I'm complaining.

Next month it is then?

I have no idea any more and now just take it as it comes :thumbsup:

I calculated our bill (for this period) to be a 731 THB one. With 152 units used that would be an average of around 4,81 THB per unit so the 599 THB bill came as a total surprise. :drunk:

I am totally confused what I am reading, the Ft charge will be increased to 0,98 Thb per unit from 0,93 Thb per unit but they are saying they are easing the electricity charges ????

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

I am totally confused what I am reading, the Ft charge will be increased to 0,98 Thb per unit from 0,93 Thb per unit but they are saying they are easing the electricity charges ????

I think we will have to wait and see exactly what occurs. Ft on our bill delivered on the 18th is 0.9343 (156.96 on 168 units) but with the low-use discount of -112.63 which I assume we will lose next month ???? 

Total bill for 168 units = 676.46 Baht.

The warm weather is pushing our daily energy use towards 40kWh ???? Luckily, it's also boosting the output of the solar ???? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I think we will have to wait and see exactly what occurs. Ft on our bill delivered on the 18th is 0.9343

And that is what is confusing me they are increasing the Ft to 0,98 (from 0,93) and same time they are easing the price.????

And no mention of discount for under 300 units

We have to wait indeed what will happen because it as usual clear as mud

(I am expecting the worst and thus it only can get better ???? )

Our solar (2 GTI’s) is not really coping we are now back in the 160 Unit a month territory, but due to health issues can’t get the real system 5kW Inverter and 10 Panels up and running unfortunately

• Like 2

The news article you referenced @MJCM said that the government was going to reduce the average electricity charge of ฿5.24 per unit down to ฿4.77 per unit for May through August this year.

I'm above average... :tongue:

My last 2 years PEA usage and costs:

image.png.c07be6673d134f3a74080ecca94c60d4.png

Can't wait to install a solar system... I'm really envious of you guys... :cool:

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Encid said:

reduce the average electricity charge of ฿5.24 per unit down to ฿4.77 per unit for May through August this year.

That is really strange because of even without the Ft discount of last month I am (I can tell you for sure tmrw as I am not at home and I have the figures in my pc) we are at 4.7ish Thb per unit on average already.

that is with the 0.93 Ft charge. I must be missing something (or we are not average also ????)

But again could be wrong, and will post an update tmrw. (But I know for a fact that we are NOT above the 5 THB per unit.)

just thinking out loud, maybe they only mean the heavy (400> units) users as the scale is AFAIK

0 - 150

151 - 400

401>

Edited by MJCM

As I said in the earlier post, clear as mud, and now expecting backflips after backflips.

I will post our bill, when we get it very early morning on the 16th May.

expected usage 160-170 units, price around 750 Thb (lets see if that comes true :thumbsup: )

• Like 1

Our PEA bill is for a new house with 3 phase supply and a 10KW solar system.  We are not yet moved in so load is minimal.

The inverter software reported that our grid usage was 9.21 units (KWh) for the billing interval.

I don't understand why our bill has what looks like readings from two different meters.  Can anyone explain it?

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.20.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.33.12 AM.png

Edited by gamb00ler

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

I don't understand why our bill has what looks like readings from two different meters.  Can anyone explain it?

Is it possible you've changed from a "construction supply" to a permanent supply? Or maybe have a Time Of Use (TOU) meter?

What number is in the "Type" box near the top of the bill?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Is it possible you've changed from a "construction supply" to a permanent supply? Or maybe have a Time Of Use (TOU) meter?

What number is in the "Type" box near the top of the bill?

Thanks for the suggestions but we've been off the "construction supply" for a few months.

The Type is 1125 which is the same as on the bill at our current rental house.

The inverter reports that we do export a very small amount of power (.51 K0Wh) even though the export is supposed to be disabled.

We do have a digital meter.

Edited by gamb00ler

2 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Thanks for the suggestions but we've been off the "construction supply" for a few months.

The Type is 1125 which is the same as on the bill at our current rental house.

Yeah, 1125 is the standard domestic type. Could be they swapped the meter for some reason.

I'd wait for the next bill and see what it looks like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, 1125 is the standard domestic type. Could be they swapped the meter for some reason.

I'd wait for the next bill and see what it looks like.

This is the fourth bill to show the two different readings.  In fact all the bills for this service have had two readings.

Just now, gamb00ler said:

This is the fourth bill to show the two different readings.  In fact all the bills for this service have had two readings.

Time to ask PEA methinks ???? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MJCM said:

I guess that has something to do with it, and my guess it’s setup as ToU

If we were on ToU I think our Type of service would not be 1125 and the two meter "readings" would be charged at different rates.

N'est pas?

PS:  perhaps the meter is set up as ToU, but the PEA account is not.  That may be possible, I guess.

Edited by gamb00ler

20 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

yea... will call PEA on Monday when the son will be available for translation since he has better technical knowledge of such matters than my wife.

Do let us know what transpires.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, driver52 said:

interesting and very cheap thanks......in this situation is VA the same as watts? ie 600VA accepts up to 600 watts of panels? thanks again!

No idea, I think @Crossy better answer that but I have connected 3 x 330W panels to a 1000VA one 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, driver52 said:

interesting and very cheap thanks......in this situation is VA the same as watts? ie 600VA accepts up to 600 watts of panels? thanks again!

Generally yes, most inverters allow a degree of over-panelling provided you never exceed the maximum input voltage (Voc of your panels). A 600W/VA inverter would likely be OK with 700W or so of panels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

No idea, I think @Crossy better answer that but I have connected 3 x 330W panels to a 1000VA one 

superb, even with those panels at what 3800baht now, and the 1000VA at 3650......that's what 15k baht plus a few brackets and switches etc

that's less than £400 in uk money for a 1kw of power!!! I remember a mate of mine years ago paying like 14 grand for a 4kw system ????