Alcohol sales ban for end of Buddhist Lent Day on Monday, October 10th

webfact

On 10/3/2022 at 8:00 AM, RichardColeman said:

I have always thought Thailand is like 60 years behind the rest of the modern world. Laundrettes, department stores, and limiting alcohol sales. Give it another 60 years you may be able to buy a beer on a bank holiday !

It's understandable. 

Lets see, what was the USA like 60 years ago... 

We certainly don't have racial discrimination, such as not allowing people of a certain colour to vote. 

55 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I guess I'll be eating at home today then. No point going to a restaurant after work if I'm not allowed to have a refreshing beer with it. 

You sound like me before I quit drinking. 

So wonderful to be free of that addiction. 

23 hours ago, djayz said:

When I feel like taking a walk on the wild side, I always buy the big bottles. ????

I remember when Chang was 3 large for 100 baht. It was also stronger back then. Perfect to drink in my apt before heading to the pub. 

I think it was 8.6% then, what is it now? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They're is good reason for this. 

Many alcoholics become monks for 3 months and when they leave there is a very high chance they will immediately slip. 

Try having a sober day, if you can't, you could be an alcoholic. 

I couldn't drink in Scotland on a Sunday when I was young., do you call there Land of silly rules? 

Chill out and learn to meditate instead of bashing others.  Love and let live, as your Jesus preached. 

:cheesy:

Ummm...no, no, no and no. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I am confused about the alchol ban, as My Missus gave up drinking for 3 months for 'lent' that ends today and she will get as drunk as a skunk tonight and proberly a few days after, she just got back from the temple 10am and told me so.  :burp:

The reason for the ban is because many alcoholics give up for Lent and then get very drunk when it has finished, causing lots of chaos and misery. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I studied they live in Nakon Nowhere, can't talk to their neighbours and let out their frustration here. 

Come come, you seem to do that more than most. 

You could go liven up the Thai Language Forum rather than nagging the English speakers area!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

Might spoil a few people Saturday night out when they suddenly find everything closing around them at midnight on Saturday.

Still it's good to be reminded that there's more to life than booze and hookers.

Why would they have closed at midnight on Saturday?

Awk Pansa is today (Monday).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, loong said:

Why would they have closed at midnight on Saturday?

Awk Pansa is today (Monday).

You make a valid point. lol

I have to say in my defence I have been jetlagged and bumbling around losing track of which day I am on.

I went for a walkabout on Saturday night at least I think it was Saturday and I asked one of the promotion staff what time they closed and they said midnight so perhaps that's why I became confused.

Edited by Padthaigoong