Danish inmate has died in Klong Prem prison in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Peter Effersøe (blue shirt) detained in Phuket Airport, December 2015.

by Jeannette Hinrup

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is able to confirm that a Danish citizen has passed in a prison in Thailand.”

This was endorsed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an email to Danish tabloid media, Ekstra Bladet. The mail further stated the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be ethically obliged to preserve the confidentiality of personal matters.

ScandAsia has, however, learned, that the prisoner was Niels Jørgen Jensen, known in the Klong Prem prison in Bangkok as Peter Effersøe.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/danish-inmate-has-died-in-klong-prem-prison-in-bangkok/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-10-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Inala said:

Despite his crime and that there can be no excuse for it, I still find it morbidly tragic how bad some people's lives end up closing out due to having made bad decisions. At 46 in 2015, he wasn't a young man but still by no means an old man. Maybe he had lived a life of good and then only through sheer desperation he made these three drug runs?

So at just 53 yrs old, he would have died all alone in that hospital bed. No one to hold his hand and reassure him that he had lived a good life, despite his mistakes. I know he did bad, but I'm sure there were people in his life that had loved him, or that still loved him. Or that he loved. Maybe a son or daughter? Maybe a brother? Maybe even a surviving mum or dad back in Denmark?

Miserable conditions to pass on from and not the way I want to go out! RIP you silly <deleted>....

He looks 60yo

"This was endorsed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an email to Danish tabloid media, Ekstra Bladet. The mail further stated the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be ethically obliged to preserve the confidentiality of personal matters."

It would appear they had no ethical qualms about parading him in front of the world when he was caught before he was really tried, found guilty and sentenced in a court of law.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, userabcd said:

"This was endorsed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an email to Danish tabloid media, Ekstra Bladet. The mail further stated the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be ethically obliged to preserve the confidentiality of personal matters."

It would appear they had no ethical qualms about parading him in front of the world when he was caught before he was really tried, found guilty and sentenced in a court of law.

Did the drugs just mysteriously appear on his body when arrested?  Next, Guilty as charged!!!!

Being a drug mule for 100,000 baht, he must have been pretty desperate.  I thought the Danish social security system was very good.  The fact that he did it twice before he must have thought this is easy money.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Being a drug mule for 100,000 baht, he must have been pretty desperate.  I thought the Danish social security system was very good.  The fact that he did it twice before he must have thought this is easy money.

There are millions of souls who do horrific and evil things for money. It defies the entire theory of natural selection. Greed is a powerful allure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Stop stop I'm filling up...????

It is sad..... you can expect someone sentenced to these incredible jail terms we see here would want to give up 2 minutes after arriving there..... 

• Like 2