Danish inmate has died in Klong Prem prison in Bangkok

webfact

4 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Well we all know the risks, better to be dead than spend a life time in that place only hope for release would be a pardon

Any idea how long his sentence was?..... I believe they have to have served a good portion before becoming eligible for the Royal Pardon. 

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Any idea how long his sentence was?..... I believe they have to have served a good portion before becoming eligible for the Royal Pardon. 

Is the pardon program still active? I thought it was discontinued. If it's still around it's likely much more strict the before.

10 hours ago, asereg123 said:

How do you feel about big pharma?

Not a fan of their price gouging, or rush to market of so many drugs that later were removed by FDA (176+and counting, I think), after the corrupt FDA (IMHO) approved them.  Some of those just didn't sell, others killed so many people.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is the pardon program still active? I thought it was discontinued. If it's still around it's likely much more strict the before.

I believe that certainly the Royal one is still active.... his birthday maybe. 

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Being in prison anywhere would be a dreadful fate. Being in a Thai prison would likely be a nightmare from hell. Just the lack of AC alone. Yikes. 

Lack of AC and WiFi that's terrible, it's not a <deleted>in hotel and no Grab either?

????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Lack of AC and WiFi that's terrible, it's not a <deleted>in hotel and no Grab either?

????????

Well, one would not expect the prisons to be air conditioned here. But, I was simply making a point about the miserable conditions. Have you even been in a concrete building without AC?in very hot condition, and high humidity, and with hundreds of men, who likely don't shower as often as they should, and don't wear deodorant? Whew. 

On 10/4/2022 at 11:18 PM, JimTripper said:

That's because the more you do it your odds of getting caught go way up.

Most people think they got away with it the first time, but it's a fallacy. The system is always watching each time and has great odds in it's favor. Each time he tried it his odds went way down.

It's like gambling, you win once and you focus on a win you think you have a fair chance of getting each time, but your really just playing a game the whole time that favors the house increasingly the more you play.

like Russian Roulette

15 minutes ago, d4dang said:

not for drug offenses

Not true.

My ex-wife was sentenced to 25 years to life plus 2 millon baht fine for 1.4kg of yaba

She has been released after serving 9.5 years.

Sentence reduced for good behavior, having a family sponsor sign for responsibility, having a house to return to, wearing of a an ankle bracelet and for King's pardons

The good behavior is a big one as they are always trying to reduce the prison population, which has exploded due to..........drug offences.

The King's pardons are not a regular thing, it's up to him and they apply a 20% reduction of your remaining time to your sentence

• Thanks 1