Homes face winter power cuts in worst-case scenario, says National Grid

Scott

12 hours ago, 300sd said:

You may want to acquaint yourself with the people who most likely will starve or freeze to death this winter. They are not important in the big picture are they?

The disruption to gas supplies caused by the Russian war of aggression is a text book example of why nations should move away from relying on an energy source that is subject to disruption of supply and price by political influence. 

And that’s without the obvious benefits of not having to invade somebody else’s country or otherwise go to war to secure access to wind, sun and tide.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet, and yet the fossil fueled IC engine still rules the world of transportation.

Do tell us how 3rd world countries are going to convert to renewable, when many can't even provide clean drinking water for many?

In 1900 you would have been saying the same thing about horseless carriages.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet, and yet the fossil fueled IC engine still rules the world of transportation.

Do tell us how 3rd world countries are going to convert to renewable, when many can't even provide clean drinking water for many?

What is there per capita fossil fuel usage?

Let’s hit the big nail fist, we deal with the tacks later.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jai yen jai yen, it's just a forum and it's my opinion. Nothing to be getting so excited about.

It's just that it's such an ill-considered opinion. I guess i'll have to spell it out for you. Your original claim centered on the fact that a small minority of cars were electric therefore that electric cars weren't going to dominate in the future. I pointed that according to your way of thinking gasoline cars would never have become the dominant form of transport since there was a time when they were a small number compared to horse drawn vehicles. Your last claim in support of your argument was horses were still being occasionally used.

And as for my emotional condition, I'll make you a deal: You don't construe my emotional condition from my texts, and I won't construe your intellectual condition from your texts.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's just that it's such an ill-considered opinion. I guess i'll have to spell it out for you. Your original claim centered on the fact that a small minority of cars were electric therefore that electric cars weren't going to dominate in the future. I pointed that according to your way of thinking gasoline cars would never have become the dominant form of transport since there was a time when they were a small number compared to horse drawn vehicles. Your last claim in support of your argument was horses were still being occasionally used.

And as for my emotional condition, I'll make you a deal: You don't construe my emotional condition from my texts, and I won't construe your intellectual condition from your texts.

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

If you find my opinion so ill considered feel free to put me on ignore. I'd put you on ignore, except that would leave me with almost no posters to read.