Thaksin tweets his sorrow at NE massacre - calls for urgent government action against drugs

webfact

10 hours ago, 2baht said:

Says [Thaksin] whose crackdown on drugs resulted in the deaths of around 2500 people, many of whom were innocent! Yeah right

Happened in my ex-wife's village too. Strange times then. More than a few. Nakhon Si Thammarat. 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slip said:

I remember it well.  Shockingly awful.  It seems we have a revisionist here.

History, is written by the victors.

The Generals have a vested interest in demonising Thaksin and nothing to gain from truthfulness.

Once democracy is restored, the truth about a great many goings on in the kingdom will be revealed, at which point I expect there’ll be a great many here revising their post histories. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So now you are saying it did happen??  Make your mind up.

And I have no idea where you are going with this quote, nor do I want to get in to it.  It does not detract from Thaksin's murderous, inhumane killing spree.  

Instead of playing games - first of all you said it didn't happen, now you seem to be saying it did - would you care to spell out your position without riddles?  Say it clearly, it will make this discussion much easier.

Monkfish is correct, you are not.

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

History, is written by the victors.

The Generals have a vested interest in demonising Thaksin and nothing to gain from truthfulness.

Once democracy is restored, the truth about a great many goings on in the kingdom will be revealed, at which point I expect there’ll be a great many here revising their post histories. ????

And you will be the one to reveal these goings on/conspiracies..we will all be waiting for your posts, of course once democracy is restored.????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

And you will be the one to reveal these goings on/conspiracies..we will all be waiting for your posts, of course once democracy is restored.????

No, not I …the democratically elected government will expose the misdeeds of the unelected regimes and their lackeys.

You, however, I suspect will more than likely be forever banging on about Thaksin - facts be damned.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin said that the shooting at the pre-school in Nong Bua Lamphu province was such a sad event that should not have happened in Thailand.

Blame the regimes which has let down the people for decades.

Thailand has become a mess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, monkfish said:

I believe 2500 people were killed in Thailand during a 3 month period during the war on drugs which was higher than usual I think about double. The Press I think AFP then claimed they were extra judicial killings but hey had no evidence and later retracted their original article. Many Human Rights organizations condemned The War On Drugs based on the AFP article but never retracted their claims after AFP retracted their own article.

If you read the link posted above you will learn much more about what happened, with footnotes and citations. 

46 minutes ago, Puwa said:

If you read the link posted above you will learn much more about what happened, with footnotes and citations. 

The article in the link states “ …left nearly 2000 people dead…”

So we’ve already dropped the death toll by 500?

Hmmm……

500 seems to be quite a high number of mistaken deaths, don’t you think?

How / why do you think such an egregious error has been made?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Sounds good.

Our village is littered with drug addicts. 

yes ......  at least there was something good being done during his tenure.  

Society has no place for drug addicts.   

Everyone knows right from wrong .....    and they elected to choose wrong which is their own stupidity. 

• Thumbs Up 1