Thaksin tweets his sorrow at NE massacre - calls for urgent government action against drugs

webfact

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some other site without a supporting link has been removed as well as the replies:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

A post with a trolling image has been removed. 

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep.  Remember Nong Fluke?

Yet Mr Mojo believes none of this happened.

Prior to Thaksin’s 30 baht healthcare policy, 17,000 Thai infants died needlessly every year from easily treatable conditions. These deaths stopped within the first year of Thaksin’s universal healthcare.

Your obsession with Thaksin blinds you to the truth.

Where does the real evil lie?

Why are the Thai elites so fearful of democracy?

Most importantly, could you justify your political views without “evil Thaksin” nonsense as an excuse for what are abhorrent beliefs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Prior to Thaksin’s 30 baht healthcare policy, 17,000 Thai infants died needlessly every year from easily treatable conditions. These deaths stopped within the first year of Thaksin’s universal healthcare.

Why do you just deflect each time, you never respond to any question, just deflect.  

The 30 baht healthcare was a great thing and by far the best thing he did and I congratulate him for it, it has benefitted a lot of people.

See, unlike you I am not blinkered, I just look at the facts.  Good stuff = good, bad stuff = bad.  The war on drugs' extrajudicial killings = bad.  Now over to you, can you admit that?

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Your obsession with Thaksin blinds you to the truth.

Where does the real evil lie?

Why are the Thai elites so fearful of democracy?

Most importantly, could you justify your political views without “evil Thaksin” nonsense as an excuse for what are abhorrent beliefs?

You're like a stuck record.  We are talking about the war on drugs which gave the police carte blanche to kill whoever they wanted, many of whom had nothing to do with drugs.  I personally know two innocents who were executed.  

Can you confirm you believe this didn't happen?  I have asked you before but you deflect, just answer a simple question.

And to think you say I have an obsession, it is hilarious.  I am only stating facts, good and bad.  You are making things up and presenting no facts, no evidence, just going on the attack.  So please, answer a simple question.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, bobbin said:

While I have always applauded the 30 Baht Medical program he introduced, as it was truly revolutionary for low-income Thai people, this man has absolutely zero credibility when it comes to drugs..

State encouraged extra-judicial executions given wide publicity.. Pretty sure that Duterte was influenced by that program. Thai people tolerated it for a few months and then the public outcry put paid to that literally murderous policy.

Yesterday's man.

I know that in a civilised society its unthinkable to accept "extra judicial killings" but when you speak to ordinary people in the Philippines most love duerte .

I honestly can not think where to start to eradicate drug related crime when it costs 100 baht for 5 in North East Thailand if I was a victim and my whole life being ruined by others taking yabba. I may then like the Thaksin solution crime and punishment is never equal money always buys "justice " to the influential and rich world over

• Like 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes they did, and yes it was, and I personally know two innocent victims.  It was an awful period in his "leadership".  And he is using this terrible tragedy for political gain which is utterly immoral and shameful.  I am losing more and more respect for this site each and every day they publish his disgusting self serving BS.......which is pretty much daily now.

but they will tell you they are only posting what appears as news elsewhere - but seems they are very selective in posting a lot of click bait non-sense .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Why do you just deflect each time, you never respond to any question, just deflect.  

The 30 baht healthcare was a great thing and by far the best thing he did and I congratulate him for it, it has benefitted a lot of people.

See, unlike you I am not blinkered, I just look at the facts.  Good stuff = good, bad stuff = bad.  The war on drugs' extrajudicial killings = bad.  Now over to you, can you admit that?

You're like a stuck record.  We are talking about the war on drugs which gave the police carte blanche to kill whoever they wanted, many of whom had nothing to do with drugs.  I personally know two innocents who were executed.  

Can you confirm you believe this didn't happen?  I have asked you before but you deflect, just answer a simple question.

And to think you say I have an obsession, it is hilarious.  I am only stating facts, good and bad.  You are making things up and presenting no facts, no evidence, just going on the attack.  So please, answer a simple question.

For sure innocent people were murdered during the drug war.

Nowhere near 2000 (let alone 2500 or 3000), but still, even one innocent is too many.

Thaksin was PM at the time and bears much responsibility for these crimes.

Ditto Tak Bai.

Who else should be in the dock alongside Thaksin?

This is the heart of the issue.

There is barely a metric where the unelected coup regimes are not considerably worse than the elected governments of Thailand yet the expat closet fascists never hold the usurpers to the same standard (how else could they publicly justify their abhorrent beliefs?).

Who called for the drug war to commence?

Who continued to praise the drug war as the death toll mounted?

Is there any doubt that high ranking Thai military personnel profit the most from drugs (and prostitution)?

Has getting rid of Thaksin (and democracy) made Thailand a better or worse place for the average Thai -  is there more or less poverty and unnecessary death in the country now than there would be had democracy been preserved and nurtured?

Thaksin is not the problem, he never was, he represented the country moving towards a fully fledged free and open democratic society - this could not be tolerated by those who had been greedily robbing the people and land for centuries. 

Only fools believe Thaksin is/was the problem, whether it be the drug war, government corruption, censorship, widespread extreme inequality and an injudicious judiciary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, you really don't get it do you.  So many of them didn't make that choice, so many of them didn't have anything to do with drugs, Nong Fluke didn't make that choice as he slept in his dad's car and died in a hail of bullets.  You are a cruel and heartless person if you think that is justifiable.

Anyway, let's say they did make that choice to be involved with drugs.  You are happy for the police to execute whoever they want with no evidence needed

Wow,  you really didn't get what I was saying did you,   where did I mention anything about the innocent folks getting killed .. ( you said that, not me ) 

I said .....   " Society has no place for drug addicts.   

Everyone knows right from wrong .....    and they elected to choose wrong which is their own stupidity. "

of course it's not right if the wrong person is vindicated or innocently looses their life.  

But as I said,  drug addicts chose their path knowing it is wrong ..... but hey '    they still went that way. :jap:

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, monkfish said:

I believe 2500 people were killed in Thailand during a 3 month period during the war on drugs which was higher than usual I think about double. The Press I think AFP then claimed they were extra judicial killings but hey had no evidence and later retracted their original article. Many Human Rights organizations condemned The War On Drugs based on the AFP article but never retracted their claims after AFP retracted their own article.

Hm,....Read this article !!!

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/a-chronology-of-thailands-war-on-drugs/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Since the forever war on drugs failed to prevent this tragedy, and in fact probably allowed it to happen (I'll explain exactly why if asked). 

How does woodsome think doubling down on a failed strategy is going to do anything but burn more cash, as cartels enrich themselves? 

He's a moron. And a felon at large. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

For sure innocent people were murdered during the drug war.

Nowhere near 2000 (let alone 2500 or 3000), but still, even one innocent is too many.

Thaksin was PM at the time and bears much responsibility for these crimes.

Ditto Tak Bai.

Who else should be in the dock alongside Thaksin?

This is the heart of the issue.

There is barely a metric where the unelected coup regimes are not considerably worse than the elected governments of Thailand yet the expat closet fascists never hold the usurpers to the same standard (how else could they publicly justify their abhorrent beliefs?).

Who called for the drug war to commence?

Who continued to praise the drug war as the death toll mounted?

Is there any doubt that high ranking Thai military personnel profit the most from drugs (and prostitution)?

Has getting rid of Thaksin (and democracy) made Thailand a better or worse place for the average Thai -  is there more or less poverty and unnecessary death in the country now than there would be had democracy been preserved and nurtured?

Thaksin is not the problem, he never was, he represented the country moving towards a fully fledged free and open democratic society - this could not be tolerated by those who had been greedily robbing the people and land for centuries. 

Only fools believe Thaksin is/was the problem, whether it be the drug war, government corruption, censorship, widespread extreme inequality and an injudicious judiciary.

Ah,,So now you are willing to admit that innocents died in a flurry of extra-judicial killings.. We are just quibbling over the body count...

And you conveniently gloss over the fact that many have recognized and applauded his revolutionary 30 baht medical program, thereby giving you license to call everyone who has a different opinion "expat closet fascists"

Over the top much? I detect a whiff of hysteria..

And by the way, were you living in Thailand at the time of these events?

I was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Of course there is......

Thaksin bought most of it  -  and is still paying for it.

And is Thailand more or less Democratic than when Thaksin was removed in yet another illegal and undemocratic military coup.

Have there been any free and fair elections since under a military government?

How many politicians and political parties did Thaksin ban.

How many people were jailed for LM offences under Thaksin's rule?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Since the forever war on drugs failed to prevent this tragedy, and in fact probably allowed it to happen (I'll explain exactly why if asked). 

How does woodsome think doubling down on a failed strategy is going to do anything but burn more cash, as cartels enrich themselves? 

He's a moron. And a felon at large. 

I doubt that he is a moron, but I do believe that he is far smarter than you will ever be.

Of course if you are so smart, why have you not come up with any strategy to fix the problem?

You seem to be quick to cast the blame, but nowhere to be seen when solutions are needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Innocent people get ripped off and yes, die, everyday in Thailand. 

Corruption and nepotism is ever present in everything here - at all levels at all times.

The country is not this way by accident. 

The desired outcome is egregious levels of inequality - poverty, misery and death alongside shopping malls crammed with Ferraris and Rolex watches - a place where pet pooches get first class seats to Paris whilst others forage for food in order not to starve to death.

The only chance 90% of the Thai people have at obtaining any worthwhile quality of life above subsistence is democracy and yet morons here, in post after post, prattle on about Thaksin. 

Thaksin ain’t the cause of the problems here, they existed before he entered politics and they will someday cease to exist because he did enter politics.

Nobody has done more than Thaksin Shinawatra and his political movement to shake the foundations of a truly evil, gluttonous, greedy and murderous social system. He single handedly bought them to their knees, whether it’s his daughter, Thanathorn or some as yet Unkown individual who  eventually strikes the killer blow to the disgusting establishment - they will only have succeeded because of all that Thaksin achieved before them.

If cursing Thaksin and regurgitating false and delusional junta propaganda makes you feel good, if cheerleading the vile people and structures that have created and maintained this modern day dystopia is a price you are willing to pay to be able to openly voice views that are wholly unacceptable in the west, then good luck to you - but know this, you are on the wrong side of history and in the not too distant future all of the craven sycophants who helped prolong the inhumane status quo will once again be forced back into the shadows where they rightly belong.

Ive been in Thailand since 2004, but that is neither here nor there as I wasn’t living in Germany in the 30s and 40s but I still know that Nazism was far from good and certainly not something that I would ever allow myself to be associated with…..some food for thought eh?

First off let me state I dont support the current government!

As for my feelings on Thaksin, I thought he was ok for a PM, he did do some good things and the economy was doing good.

However, you talk about Thaksin like he's a saint, yes he did some good things, but he was just as corrupt as everyone else. There were no free and fair elections, Thaksin had people outside the voting booths giving money away to vote for him.

Lastly, Thaksin didn't like foreigners and he is the one that started all the changes in immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ericthai said:

First off let me state I dont support the current government!

As for my feelings on Thaksin, I thought he was ok for a PM, he did do some good things and the economy was doing good.

However, you talk about Thaksin like he's a saint, yes he did some good things, but he was just as corrupt as everyone else. There were no free and fair elections, Thaksin had people outside the voting booths giving money away to vote for him.

Lastly, Thaksin didn't like foreigners and he is the one that started all the changes in immigration.

Indeed, Thaksin was no saint.

Here’s the thing, there will never be a saint who saves the day.
Cheerleading coup after coup because elected governments are not perfect is a road to nowhere. 
Imperfect progress is still progress.

Thanathorn was a perfectly fine individual, not a saint, but a good many steps in the right direction and what happened to him?

Bashing Thaksin for not being perfect is just the cowards way of supporting the policies and practices of the anti democratic establishment. It is weak and dishonest… certainly not saintly.

There is no doubt, absolutely zero doubt that any free and fair election held in Thailand over the last 20 years would be won by Thaksin in a landslide. It is Q Anon level delusion to believe anything else. 

Thaksin hates foreigners… good for him. Just because the guy is not perfect you’ll never find me supporting a coup, supporting taking away the civil rights and freedoms of an entire population and condemning generation after generation to economic exploitation. I am no saint, but I am a damn site better than that - how about you?