Thai Immigration office in Bangkok to apply for a Non-O visa

I am new to Bangkok. I just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me the location of the Thai Immigration office in Bangkok, to apply for a Non-O visa. I am located around the China town area of Bangkok.

Also, is there a website where I can book an appointment.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by ThoMichael

3 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

Thanks for any advice.

There is only 1 Immigration Office in Bangkok -

The Government Complex, Immigration Division 1

Building B, South Zone, Chaeng Wattana Road, Thung Song Hong Subdistrict, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210

TEL. 0-2141-9889 ,  081-412-9180   FAX 0-2143-8228

Office Hours : Mon- Fri (08.30 – 12.00 hrs , 13.00 – 16.30 hrs) Closed on Public Holidays

Queue Ticket Service : 08.30 – 15.30 hrs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP,....on an aside. Be aware that you require 15 days remaining on your permission of stay, just be aware of that when you make your booking for appointment at CW. 

Thanks for telling me that. I was planning to go around the 40th day of the 45 day visa on arrival I just received. So that will be a problem I guess?

4 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

Thanks for telling me that. I was planning to go around the 40th day of the 45 day visa on arrival I just received. So that will be a problem I guess?

It will. 

It's a clear requirement.

If you have insufficient days left you can obtain a 30 day extension to your 45 day stamp. 1900baht. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It will. 

It's a clear requirement.

You you have insufficient days left you can obtain a 30 day extension to your 45 day stamp. 

Ahhh, oh well, I was trying to get my retirement visa extension done by 2023. Not possible. - Thanks again for telling me that! I would have showed there with a few days left on my visa. 

Edited by ThoMichael

4 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

Ahhh, oh well, I was trying to get my retirement visa extension done by 2023. Not possible. - Thanks again for telling me that! I would have showed there with a few days left on my visa. 

A soon as you get the 30 day extension you can apply for the non-o visa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A soon as you get the 30 day extension you can apply for the non-o visa.

Thanks, I guess I get the 30 day extension at the same office?

at...

The Government Complex, Immigration Division 1 
Building B, South Zone, Chaeng Wattana Road,

Thung Song Hong Subdistrict, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210 

Just now, ThoMichael said:

at...

The Government Complex, Immigration Division 1 
Building B, South Zone, Chaeng Wattana Road,

Thung Song Hong Subdistrict, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210 

Yes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Yes

No

He entered visa exempt. He will apply for at the IP square in Laksi

6 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

at...

You will have to apply at the IT square Laksi Square office,

Info is here at the bottom of this page.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

He entered visa exempt. He will apply for at the IP square in Laksi

You will have to apply at the IT square Laksi Square office,

Info is here at the bottom of this page.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

Thanks for all of this info. You guys are saving me a lot of time and saving me from going to the wrong places at the wrong times.

9 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

Thanks for all of this info. You guys are saving me a lot of time and saving me from going to the wrong places at the wrong times.

Be aware that Laksi immigration for your 30 day extension is not far from CW.

It would even be possible to obtain your extension AM  and still have enough time (with PM appointment) to apply for the non O same day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Be aware that Laksi immigration for your 30 day extension is not far from CW.

It would even be possible to obtain your extension AM  and still have enough time (with PM appointment) to apply for the non O same day. 

I think that is what I will do. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, problemfarang said:

google maps? car gps? mobile gps? they are your friend, you know

good luck with the visa 

That's not very helpful. GPS may or may not be aware that the immigration office at Chamchuri square only deals with certain types of applications, so it's a legitimate request he is putting forward, to avoid ending up to the wrong place.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ThoMichael said:

If there's many holidays in the 15 day window, as now in October,  it could be prolonged. 

That happened to me when applying in Chiang Mai in July. 

Had to get an extension even if I got 21 days left on my exempt. 

Edited by hakancnx

1 hour ago, canerandagio said:

That's not very helpful. GPS may or may not be aware that the immigration office at Chamchuri square only deals with certain types of applications, so it's a legitimate request he is putting forward, to avoid ending up to the wrong place.

He is asking for directions

9 minutes ago, hakancnx said:

If there's many holidays in the 15 day window, as now in October,  it could be prolonged. 

That happened to me when applying in Chiang Mai in July. 

Had to get an extension even if I got 21 days left on my exempt. 

There are only 2 different off days in this month. 1 is 13 and i cannot remember the other day, sorry. May be 15

Edited by problemfarang

28 minutes ago, problemfarang said:
1 hour ago, canerandagio said:

He is asking for directions

I wrote "I just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me the location". I got the address where to go for the 30 day extension and the different address for Non-O. Also got the much needed warning that I need 15 days on my visa expire date. Thanks for all of the info!  

Edited by ThoMichael

16 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

I plan to make my appointment for November 11th. I checked for holidays, seems ok at that date.

There is no holiday on November 11th.

Immigration in Bangkok will be closed on November 16, 17 and 18th for a special holiday due to the APEC meeting in Bangkok.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, the financial requirements to get my Non-O visa are the same as to get my retirement visa extension, when I will be using 800,000B in a Thai bank. Except for the Non-O visa, the required 800,000B does not need to be in the bank for two months prior?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

When entering visa exempt and applying for a Non-O 50 YEARS OLD visa, how many days after the application at Chaeng Wattana does it take to get that visa ?

Thanks

Edited by daejung

2 hours ago, daejung said:

When entering visa exempt and applying for a Non-O 50 YEARS OLD visa, how many days after the application at Chaeng Wattana does it take to get that visa ?

About 2 weeks. That is why you need at least 15 days remaining on your stay to apply.

Thanks,  will they keep my passport and give me  some kind of receipt then ?

Can it happen they refuse when you fulfill all requirements ? Just to know if it is wise to make contracts for  several months (Fitness, school, housing,...)

Can it be usefull to show my previous passport, with stamps, expired non-o visa and expired extensions ?

9 minutes ago, daejung said:

Thanks,  will they keep my passport and give me  some kind of receipt then ?

Can it happen they refuse when you fulfill all requirements ? Just to know if it is wise to make contracts for  several months (Fitness, school, housing,...)

Can it be usefull to show my previous passport, with stamps, expired non-o visa and expired extensions ?

Immigration will not keep your pp.

When you apply for the non O, if all good you will be given a date to return for your final stamp.

If they accept your paperwork when you apply for the non O then the final stamp is a formality..