Police chief confirms no traces of drug found in gunman

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, d4dang said:

He may have been using while he was on duty before being transferred, He was at court before the incident.  As a former officer his actions reflect poorly on his former commanding officers who were not aware of his drug problem. 

I thought they were aware, as he was fired. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Ex colleague !  he was sacked

yes an ex sergeant who was in court facing drug charges, Why was he sacked? It seems that he had used drugs since high school and his mother said he used drugs. I am probably misinformed.

14 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

As posted on another thread Mental health problems don't send you to a kindergarten and butcher 22 kids and a 8 Month preg mum-to-be. If Drugs are not to blame and he had a bust up with his wife on the morning so what was it? jealousy because she wanted to leave him loss of face? or just the old " If i lose my kid im gonna kill most of the kids in the village "

Mental problems could absolutely cause somebody act in such a manner, there is no other explanation, are you suggesting he was a regular run of the mill guy ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, d4dang said:

yes an ex sergeant who was in court facing drug charges, Why was he sacked? It seems that he had used drugs since high school and his mother said he used drugs. I am probably misinformed.

I think it is irrelevant what his previous occupation was, he could just as well have been an ex bank manager. He was sacked due to his drug misuse, as are many people, not many companies / organisations follow up a drug related sacking with a comprehensive drug rehabilitation program  do they ?   Perhaps they should , in a perfect world eh ?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I thought they were aware, as he was fired. 

I am confused by why so many people are obsessing about his former job, ok so as a police man he may have received some firearm training but  I doubt he was taught how to use a knife  and the relevance regarding what he did  stops there. Anybody could learn how to use a gun in less than an hour.  

The only other relevance of his previous employment might be the response of the police in investigating what happened but I doubt that is valid considering the scrutiny this case will be under 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That surprises me actually.

Is it the way of this particular drug that ones mental state is impacted even when it has not recently been  taken. Like a heroin addict will thieve and lie to get some more?

Nah you can compare it more with an alcoholic whose brain has been damaged. The price of these drugs is so low that its not monetary. Right now the price is at al all time low.

Perhaps the drugs did not even play that much of a role at all and the problems came from the stress of losing his job. Its easy to always blame things on drugs. But with none in his system it will be a hard sell. 

I get <deleted> off with people and want to punch them in the head, but what level of <deleted>forbrains must you be to attack and murder sleeping kids and teachers.....no drugs????- for sure a second opinion is needed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I am confused by why so many people are obsessing about his former job

There are many here who obsessively bash Thailand as they are not happy here, due to lack of integration, not speaking the language etc. Rather than do that, they prefer to try to belittle Thai culture, religion, the police, the PM etc to feel superior in themselves. It's rather sad as they have led to many decent posters leaving this forum; it's a shadow of what it was 10/15 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Nah you can compare it more with an alcoholic whose brain has been damaged. The price of these drugs is so low that its not monetary. Right now the price is at al all time low.

Perhaps the drugs did not even play that much of a role at all and the problems came from the stress of losing his job. Its easy to always blame things on drugs. But with none in his system it will be a hard sell. 

got to agree with you, My personal thoughts are that it was a combination of many factors, a "perfect storm" as they like to say, Easy access to a gun,?  of course. Some sort of mental issues,?  definitely The concept of face ? without doubt. but for sure heavy use of Ya -bah will not have helped matters 

8 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I am confused by why so many people are obsessing about his former job, ok so as a police man he may have received some firearm training but  I doubt he was taught how to use a knife  and the relevance regarding what he did  stops there. Anybody could learn how to use a gun in less than an hour.  

The only other relevance of his previous employment might be the response of the police in investigating what happened but I doubt that is valid considering the scrutiny this case will be under 

May be because in 2019 while a serving police officer it was discovered that Panya was in possession of yaba (meth amphetamine mixed with caffeine) and he was prosecuted for possession. But it was not until January of this year that he was suspended and then sacked in June. He still was getting his drugs from another ex cop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

May be because in 2019 while a serving police officer it was discovered that Panya was in possession of yaba (meth amphetamine mixed with caffeine) and he was prosecuted for possession. But it was not until January of this year that he was suspended and then sacked in June. He still was getting his drugs from another ex cop

Are you surprised that some police officers use drugs and alcohol? 

As for the timeline, it's quite normal in ANY country to take a couple of years to get through the courts. 

Take a look at this case in the US, where 4 officers were charged, not for drug use, but for KILLING a civilian. They were allowed to keep working for over 2 years. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62427546

• Like 1

I'm fully aware of the details, I just don't understand the hysterical fixation on his previous employment. He was a known user of Ya-bah, he was caught and (eventually ) dismissed in June and from the date of his sacking he ceased to be a police officer. Its not really important were he sourced his ya-bah from, it is readily available for anybody who wants it   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He was said to be a drug dealer too.

So yeah, a bit surprised. But not too much. The RTP facilitate the drugs trade, so you're right. We shouldn't be surprised. They should just re-org into the Thai FDA. And be called Pharmacists.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Take a look at this case in the US

Whataboutism, a lazy defense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As for the timeline, it's quite normal in ANY country to take a couple of years to get through the courts. 

Take a look at this case in the US, where 4 officers were charged, not for drug use, but for KILLING a civilian. They were allowed to keep working for over 2 years. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62427546

Yes but I could also go to other countries and cite different cases where cops are immediately suspended, this is about this cop in Thailand

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are many here who obsessively bash Thailand as they are not happy here, due to lack of integration, not speaking the language etc. Rather than do that, they prefer to try to belittle Thai culture, religion, the police, the PM etc to feel superior in themselves. It's rather sad as they have led to many decent posters leaving this forum; it's a shadow of what it was 10/15 years ago. 

Absolutely, I also wonder how many of those so quick to bash the police have ever had any personal interaction with them at all.  Not many I reckon, as its unlikely to happen when sitting behind a keyboard all day looking for examples of police misconduct on a forum like this

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm fully aware of the details, I just don't understand the hysterical fixation on his previous employment. He was a known user of Ya-bah, he was caught and (eventually ) dismissed in June and from the date of his sacking he ceased to be a police officer. Its not really important were he sourced his ya-bah from, it is readily available for anybody who wants it   

Ok well I do understand that a police officer who while serving repeatedly annoyed colleagues and the public with belligerent behavior including shooting while drunk and shooting a dog dead. should draw the attention as to why this was allowed to go on for so long, particularly since he had another court case due the day after he carried out the attack.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but I could also go to other countries and cite different cases where cops are immediately suspended, this is about this cop in Thailand

A cop who had been suspended and sacked before the awful events we are discussing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok well I do understand that a police officer who while serving repeatedly annoyed colleagues and the public with belligerent behavior including shooting while drunk and shooting a dog dead. should draw the attention as to why this was allowed to go on for so long, particularly since he had another court case due the day after he carried out the attack.

So if he had been sacked back in 2019, would his previous employment be so important, ? He slipped through the net as some will inevitably manage to do, but he was caught and sacked . He was not a policeman when he carried out his atrocity and I don't see how his former employment facilitated what happened

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

So if he had been sacked back in 2019, would his previous employment be so important, ? He slipped through the net as some will inevitably manage to do, but he was caught and sacked . He was not a policeman when he carried out his atrocity and I don't see how his former employment facilitated what happened

whataboutism, he wasn't sacked in 2019

• Like 2

Yes I know and why the Police have promised a full review of their procedures

But their existing procedures were successful in routing him out , Maybe just slower than desired, but there don't seem to have been any similar major issues between him being identified as a "wrong'un" and finally sacked.  This atrocity  happened afterwards 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

But their existing procedures were successful in routing him out , Maybe just slower than desired, but there don't seem to have been any similar major issues between him being identified as a "wrong'un" and finally sacked.  This atrocity  happened afterwards 

They were far from successful in routing him out, it took two years and why are the police having a full review of their procedures now if they felt they've got nothing to learn?

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

They were far from successful in routing him out, it took two years and why are the police having a full review of their procedures now if they felt they've got nothing to learn?

Do you expect them to say anything else under the circumstances   Personally i wouldn't.   But I am surprised they have not apologised or offered an explanation to excuse their pathetically slow response

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You set a good example.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whataboutism again...........................tedious 

You started it , going on and on and on about when he was sacked  tedious indeed you should re read what you have posted in response to my comments, you seem to search for any opportunity to start petty arguments    The fact remains he was not a police officer at the time this took place any other comments are superfluous  There is no whataboutism whatsoever anywhere in my comments 

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

A second drug test 

but in the form of an autoposy as the article says:  Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas told reporters this afternoon that a second autopsy will be carried out to determine whether Pol Sgt Panya Kamrab was acting under the influence of drug when he went on a rampage at a day-care center in Naklang district.  

This indicates other than a normal drug test..........deep forensics into liver, kidneys would produce any drug use up to 30 days

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

but in the form of an autoposy as the article says:  Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas told reporters this afternoon that a second autopsy will be carried out to determine whether Pol Sgt Panya Kamrab was acting under the influence of drug when he went on a rampage at a day-care center in Naklang district.  

This indicates other than a normal drug test..........deep forensics into liver, kidneys would produce any drug use up to 30 days

strikes me that they haven't decided whether it is better for them to have him nailed as a drug user or not, quite handy for them to have both a negative and a positive result They can then refer to which ever better suits the narrative  Its not exactly relevant to know what substances he took 30 days ago it would not produce any evidence of intoxication at the time he went on his killing spree  A hair test could provide evidence of drug use up to 90 days ago again irrelevant 

Edited by Bday Prang