Need help finding this resort

Rdrokit

I stayed at this resort in 2005 and can not find it again. What I can remember is was south of Pattaya and only had a Thai name on the resort. Had many individual cottages for rent and no hotel. Picture is of the house I rented which was right on the beach and view from the outdoor restaurant. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

04 Cottage.JPG

05 Private beach.JPG

06 Private beach.JPG

10 fishing village.JPG

11 fishing boats.JPG

Probably Bang Saray or Ban Ampur or in that area. Please forgive spelling. Might be an idea to look in those areas on Google Maps at street view, but as another poster advised, a beach front area is likely to have a large resort or Condo block on it now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Place looks quite unique so should be recognizable by someone who has been there, even if there would be condo or hotel nowdays - looks like a place with two fairly small beach coves and a small cape between those, and recognizable stones on sea not far out.

I wonder if such geographical location exist at all between dongtan and jomtien as beach is mostly one long curve for the some 15 km it covers.

Looks like a place that could be in some of the larger cape areas (naklua, pratamnak, sattahip), however does not look familiar to me. And Sattahip capes mostly occupied by army anyway, just few public beaches open in the areas that geographically remind this. And sure not further out in Rayong area?

Do you recall if the place was on flat land, or had to drive down from a hill to the beach resort? That might give a hint.

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looks similar to bang saray navy base, so I'll guess somewhere within 10km of that. Post on facebook Pattaya Oracle group, someone will know

Looks a better quality than the navy training base - although the style is similar.

I would guess Sattahip - or into Rayong.  

7 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

It is definitely Bang Saray.

You can see the Naval "New Recruit Home" villas on the hill in the background of the 4th photograph.

I would hazard a guess as somewhere around "Mahan Coffee" in the Google Maps image below.

Unfortunately Google Street View does not extend that far west of Bang Saray.

image.png.f410ffd80fb47ef066e4c0b211b88362.png

Good spot, it looked like Mahan coffee area but Mahan is there and none of those buildings in the photos

14 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Looks nice but it is not the place as the place I stayed didn't have a lighthouse.

That's just a little lighthouse for people to pose for pictures in front of.

SIn any case what a nice nieghborhood to live in.