National parks near Hua Hin not included in new entry fee price hike for foreigners

webfact

9 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

If you accept to live like a native, it is OK. But on the other hand this is a lower/middle management salary in Bangkok.

He is living on 90k Thb a month, and probably with no other payments needed except for food, power and misc.  I strive to be able to live that way.  By moving to the house in Southern Hua Hin/PKK and spending 70% of the time there and only 30% of the time in BKK I should be able to do this. 

9 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

If you accept to live like a native, it is OK. But on the other hand this is a lower/middle management salary in Bangkok.

Yes, out priced from retiring in the USA (unless a rusting trailer in Florida or Arizona). Here … a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house on a double lot, my own furniture, 2 cars, motorbike. For a family of three we are comfortable. In my retirement years, I don’t think this is, “living like a native” as the 82,000+ baht just arriving (I transfer $2200) is above the average Thai monthly income.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Why so negative about those that have bought homes, condos here and live here full time. I have never seen you say anything positive about folks living here.  Did you have a terrible experience or something?

Ive lived there and will live there again but its the same old posters writing the same thing on this dual pricing.

Ive never heard of anyone complaining about the prices in Thailand only on this forum from people who would probably never go to these parks even if the price was the same for everyone.

Also i dont understand why people appear to think they have some sort of rights to the country that they have decided to live in. I just think most people really overlook the cultural differences between the countries ethics and ideals and think they have some sort of god given right to have the same respect and conditions as the national people.

Ive seen people being disrespectful to Thailand and its conditions and trust me they wont necessarily call you out on it but be sure they will remember. It wont do you any favours.