National parks near Hua Hin not included in new entry fee price hike for foreigners

webfact

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

I stopped going to these parks several years ago. I despise this practice of charging farangs extra. The experiences inside the parks I did visit were generally underwhelming.

Foreigners not only farangs..

• Like 2

I still can't figure out the Thai national parks entry fees. For a starter is never clear how long you can stay there once the fee is paid.

I was kayaking around the Chicken islands near Krabi and the rangers didn't charge me anything as I was just staying less than half a hour there. Otherwise 400 baht - seems pretty steep to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ed strong said:

I don't think any studying occurs, just look at restaurant hygiene and service techniques.

As a foreigner you cant buy land in Thailand and if you want to step on some of it, the price increases rapidly.

Sound to me like you are certainly going to pay for the privilege of living in Thailand.

If one choses. I am doing fine on my $2400 USD monthly budget.

• Haha 1

I have visited Thailand for over 20 years and have been to most of the parks and the last time

my Thai family went to Doi Suthep, I stayed at the entrance with the van driver, and the Thai family enjoyed their visit.

I had my Thai wife explain that her and I had been their already 2 times in the past and I did not see anything new to

warrant me paying the visitor price. I still enjoy visiting Thailand and seeing the museums and temples with my Thai family

so I have many places I can still go without paying the tourist prices.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1