Russian on Samui Island caught with two years of overstay, tried to flee from Immigration police

webfact

21 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Have another look and it looks like something is changing hands to avoid any unpleasantness ???? 

yes .... it appears something's been handed to the boss cop by the looks,  obviously to appease the sticky situation and try for the ' misunderstanding '  option. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She may have attempted to do a runner, but seriously, 12 'fit' cops to arrest 1 woman overstayer ? No wonder there's mass gun murders and mass road deaths - cops in Thailand have priorities completely wrong - less they were all hoping for a payday

Every day is ( they hope) a payday!

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think the Phuket Express needs to find an English-writer who actually understands English. The opening paragraph is appalling.

After posting I was thinking before if I should ????

• Haha 1

They are sending a message to the island(s)......The key is to look for backpackers running into the woods, telling all landlords to check passports, and that the smart car is full and ready to roll!!!!

Yea, what's that number to call to report a falang????????

usually, overstayers will read about other overstayers.......I need to report everyone reading this!!!!  

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She may have attempted to do a runner, but seriously, 12 'fit' cops to arrest 1 woman overstayer ? No wonder there's mass gun murders and mass road deaths - cops in Thailand have priorities completely wrong - less they were all hoping for a payday

There may be more to this than just one overstayer.

From the link:

"The overstaying crackdown came after five foreign suspects have escaped from Thailand after they were allegedly involved in extorting a Russian man for crypto currency on Samui Island."

• Haha 1