Russian on Samui Island caught with two years of overstay, tried to flee from Immigration police

webfact

How many BIB's does it take to arrest a PUBLIC ENEMY #1

..... a woman who does not appear to have any weapons in this photo.

Or did someone yell - "Photo Op" !!!!

Meanwhile the real bad guys remain untouched.

**************************************************************************************

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She may have attempted to do a runner, but seriously, 12 'fit' cops to arrest 1 woman overstayer ? No wonder there's mass gun murders and mass road deaths - cops in Thailand have priorities completely wrong - less they were all hoping for a payday

This is just practise for the much more serious crime of loitering 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Police raided a rental house in the Maret sub-district following a tip from an anonymous concerned citizen. 

LOL, just looking at that photo makes me laugh, it's obviously for the Thai's to see that the entire immigration department is onto it.

No immigration women, and no finger pointing, what's going on here ????

1 hour ago, rwill said:

looks like she was until someone ratted her out.  Immigration didn't find her on their own.

Here on Samui, Immigration and police often do sweeps of an area looking for illegal workers, overstays and people who do not report to immigration correctly. (TM 30 etc.)

It is a nice little earner for them.

Although in this case, it seems that she was dobbed in.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not just that, but she 'overstayed her visa giving her permission to be in Thailand for over two years'.

After feeding it to Google English to German it sounds similarly confusing.

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Deported? Nevermind, I'm sure Czar Vladimir can find something for you to do once you get back there!

Vlad in his message to her:  "The front lines awaits your return. Come and assist your fellow comrades who so willingly want to fight the Ukraine usurpers.....

• Haha 1

One thing I've learned in my 63 years topside of this planet, and that is, when people really get fed up with living in a given country, they vote with their feet.

In the case of women, it's even more intense; how many western women are pasting themselves on Russian dating sites as opposed to Russian women pasting themselves on western dating sites ???

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Many foreigners are overstaying in Thailand because they are escaping police investigation in their own country. Getting rid of such people in Thailand can certainly make life in Thailand safer. Because many of them are involved in various illegal activities in Thailand.

Do you truly believe that?

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Many foreigners are overstaying in Thailand because they are escaping police investigation in their own country. Getting rid of such people in Thailand can certainly make life in Thailand safer. Because many of them are involved in various illegal activities in Thailand.

Clearly you are insinuating she is a criminal!!!! 

This is how the falang turns against the falang!!!

never trust falang in LOS....................................and check their passport and papers first!!!!  

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you truly believe that?

Do you truly believe all people who overstay are gentle. altruistic souls who live in their adopted country as model citizens obeying all laws other than that of Immigration? Do they import all their living expenses from their sizable assets abroad thus enriching their host country? If so, why overstay?

Do you automatically insinuate she is law abiding despite evidence she is not? Immigration wouldn't normally be working with Police from several different areas just to locate one overstayer.

Are you aware this task force was involved in seeking members of a Russian gang who committed major crime against another expat? 

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

Yes there are probably a lot more people in her position on over stay

I have no sympathy for people like her not doing the 90 day reporting or having a visa to stay 

I sometimes think it's a pain but you obey the laws of the land 

As being a guest in Thailand 

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Do you truly believe all people who overstay are gentle. altruistic souls who live in their adopted country as model citizens obeying all laws other than that of Immigration? Do they import all their living expenses from their sizable assets abroad thus enriching their host country? If so, why overstay?

Do you automatically insinuate she is law abiding despite evidence she is not? Immigration wouldn't normally be working with Police from several different areas just to locate one overstayer.

Are you aware this task force was involved in seeking members of a Russian gang who committed major crime against another expat? 

I believe that people have problems financially or Healthwise while in the country they have chosen to stay in, just like another OP currently running on a 3 year overstay by an elderly expat with medical issues.  You want to lump all into the category of being miscreants which they are not.  I never said she was a law abiding citizen, but the poster i responded to made it clear he believed only those hiding from the law elsewhere overstay here in Thailand......I understand very well your final sentence, but at the same time not all overstayers are malfeasant criminals.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Quite agree a dozen BIB to sort out an immigration issue of 1 woman says it all.  Why is  it even news? Does it make Thailand safer because she as been found out?

More than likely they all came out of their offices for a piccy.

Be loads over over stayers from Russia soon who look like they nipped off to avoid the call up as canon fodder. Tim on TNT talks about this today. Also, social media is full, especially Tik Tok of young idiots who give the impression you can come here on a one way ticket and stay as long as you like.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I have no doub,t that many are in the same boat with lots of overstays.She tried  to escape but got caught,Pay the fine  then out of prison back to europe.Did she  think would get away with being a overstayer on a island

Why not? People have been overstaying on COVID extensions for years. All she had to do is ask.