Russian on Samui Island caught with two years of overstay, tried to flee from Immigration police

webfact

big deal! There are many foreigners living in LOS without any documents. Also, there are "concern citizens" from all around the world. I even knew one dutchman who was actually proud to be a snitch. 

Not newsworthy at all.

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She may have attempted to do a runner, but seriously, 12 'fit' cops to arrest 1 woman overstayer ? No wonder there's mass gun murders and mass road deaths - cops in Thailand have priorities completely wrong - less they were all hoping for a payday

No, only 2 cops were there for the arrest, the other 10 came along after hearing there may be a photo shoot

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NativeBob said:

big deal! There are many foreigners living in LOS without any documents. Also, there are "concern citizens" from all around the world. I even knew one dutchman who was actually proud to be a snitch. 

Not newsworthy at all.

Many foreigners without documents, are you trying to lump in Falangs with Myanmar, Laos, Cambodian and Malaysian workers who have snuck in trying to obtain a better life?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I have no doub,t that many are in the same boat with lots of overstays.She tried  to escape but got caught,Pay the fine  then out of prison back to europe.Did she  think would get away with being a overstayer on a island

lol overstayer was reported to the police by an anonymous concerned citizen. Ie a Grass 

8 hours ago, VinnieK said:

A stint in hell (aka the IDC) and deportation, assuming she has the money for ticket+fine, plus blacklisting for years..

Yet, people still overstay.

I know of one such dumba$$... probably two.

Are you a 'concerned citizen'?......????

7 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Quite agree a dozen BIB to sort out an immigration issue of 1 woman says it all.  Why is  it even news? Does it make Thailand safer because she as been found out?

Wonder in what way the reporting citizen was "concerned." ????????

The show of force would be concerning, if I was a tax payer helping feed an army of cops with nothing better to do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Many foreigners without documents, are you trying to lump in Falangs with Myanmar, Laos, Cambodian and Malaysian workers who have snuck in trying to obtain a better life?

I doubt anyone came here looking for a worse life.

PS. Never let anyone know your real name, address or immigration status.

Loose lips get you locked up!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt anyone came here looking for a worse life.

PS. Never let anyone know your real name, address or immigration status.

Loose lips get you locked up!

Thanks for your assistance Monty Phyton, now we can just bring out the dead.

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I just posted on a thread about a guy with a three-year overstay.

amazing you get a big article for this.

In America, there are probably 40 million people on "overstay".   

I liked the find by Pattaya Police awhile back - an old German fella's passport had expired 8 years prior, let alone visa issues........

Who on earth would divulge their visa status to a Thai citizen ? (concerned or not)  or even worse to a sanctimonious , holier than thou, tvf keyboard warrior with a huge chip on their shoulder? 

The attitude of some on here makes me sick, and there is nothing lower than a grass.

10 hours ago, VinnieK said:

A stint in hell (aka the IDC) and deportation, assuming she has the money for ticket+fine, plus blacklisting for years..

Yet, people still overstay.

I know of one such dumba$$... probably two.

Are you going to grass them up?

6 hours ago, renaissanc said:

Maybe I've been in Thailand too long, but I wouldn't rat on the woman to Immigration. I think that's a petty thing to do.

I wouldn't rat on anybody for anything, Its the way I was brought up, Nothing lower than a snitch

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I just posted on a thread about a guy with a three-year overstay.

amazing you get a big article for this.

In America, there are probably 40 million people on "overstay".   

Indeed. I personally know of 5 Thais on overstay. One, over 20 years. They work, live comfortably, travel around the US, send money home, then return home for their retirement. None will make the news when they leave.

30 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Heck no. 

What a $t*pid question.

Glad to hear it, not such a stupid question really, as I think there are several on here who would not hesitate, I was just checking if you were one of them  

Samui being a small island, I suppose all the foreigners know a bit about their neighbours. 
Would  not surprise me that the lady concerned had contact in some way with the Russian bitcoin story last week. Not all overstayers are nice people. 

1 minute ago, geisha said:

Samui being a small island, I suppose all the foreigners know a bit about their neighbours. 
Would  not surprise me that the lady concerned had contact in some way with the Russian bitcoin story last week. Not all overstayers are nice people. 

Sorry, I meant «  if the lady concerned «  not that. 

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She may have attempted to do a runner, but seriously, 12 'fit' cops to arrest 1 woman overstayer ? No wonder there's mass gun murders and mass road deaths - cops in Thailand have priorities completely wrong - less they were all hoping for a payday

And she was grassed up by yet another concerned snitch. Didn't even have to do anything apart from turn up and do the finger pointing 

25 minutes ago, geisha said:

I would hazard, that she was stiffing the hotel and the owner snitched.

Most ppl who  overstay, do  it out of poverty.

No way someone is loaded and overstays

26 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Count 11 govt/police officials in that pic and goodness how many govt vehicles they used.

Why so many people to apprehend an overstayer.

Provincial police. Immigration, Tourist police. They all need to be involved. You are welcome.