2 Things That Annoy Me In Pattaya.

Mason45

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm sure if you're not happy you could relocate somewhere nice........ like Sydney. 

Nice high prices for food and accommodation, nice cold miserable weather, sad angry people everywhere and the gorgeous Karen's to look at.  

Unlike you, most of us are not living in cloud cuckoo land.  Nothing wrong in pointing out the shoddy stuff you come across here . Sometimes it’s laughable, sometimes you trip up and break a leg !!!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, freedomnow said:

If for whatever reason the cops find this on you......then....?

Are they illegal.... looks simply like a Walking aid?  Mind you, get caught whacking a dog with it and you are in big trouble!

On 10/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, BritManToo said:

Extendable baton for 100bht from Lazada  sorts the soi dogs.

No need to even swing it, they know what it's for.

When riding my bike I carried a length of that blue plastic water pipe. Never got to hit one as they always ran at the sight of it.

I made the mistake of riding pillion with wife in local area. Dogs came running and she slowed down. I was shouting at her to speed up and get away, and she came out with some BS about how they wouldn't attack if she was going slow. Never again.

Basket of rocks works too. They run at the sight of them.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Stay vigilant and watch what your doing, keep alert. Be accountable, Geeze, some guys need their mothers to keep them safe. 

It's all you read about, the negative comments from the doom and gloom members. 

Whinging and whining. 

I take it life is perfect up there on your cloud.

7 hours ago, persimmon said:

I haven't noticed the problem in Patts , but where I live ( Udon ) I would avoid walking down my soi at night due to the aggressive dogs on guard outside every house . During the day they sleep , but come 6 pm they are out on duty hassling passers by .

Dogs are used as burglar alarms pure and simple. Just look at how many are kept on a long line all day, every day.

8 hours ago, persimmon said:

I haven't noticed the problem in Patts , but where I live ( Udon ) I would avoid walking down my soi at night due to the aggressive dogs on guard outside every house . During the day they sleep , but come 6 pm they are out on duty hassling passers by .

Strangely enough I was in the North Rd Tesco Mall shopping and decided to walk over to T21 and took a side entrance out of the car park and tried to cut through a quiet street. There was a pack of dogs looking rather intimidating in my way. Never know where you might have an issue. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 12:22 PM, Mason45 said:

Thanks for your suggestion Brit Man, if I go to Lazada what's this extendable baton called. Thanks.

That will be a long walk

Then this thing with 2 things that annoy! Oh my god! You are truly lucky

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, Mason45 said:

those dreaded footpath paving bricks.

Lately it is all the people on the broken footpaths or streets as well.  Got my arm burnt when passing by a guy smoking a cigarette the other day , constantly maneuvering around people staring at their phones while strolling, then a Thai vendor on a motorcycle suddenly pulled in front of me to hold up his Kamagra and I almost fell over as had to stop quickly and bumped into his front tire.

Always an experience around here ????

On 10/11/2022 at 5:49 AM, hotchilli said:

Take a brisk walk down Walking street, you'll find more than two things that annoy you.

Young sexy women I cannot afford are always annoying me on WS  ????  You are likely talking about the Ladyboys there though  555

• Haha 2

AIDS, Sex Trafficking, Drugs, Drunks, Bad falangs, traffic, flooding, corruption of minors, mafia, reputation world-wide as a place for only sexpats...

oh no, it's the Soi Dogs!!!!!!

Remember, you can never yell at a Thai...this is not your country....but you can yell at soi dogs.

they are my therapists!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

AIDS, Sex Trafficking, Drugs, Drunks, Bad falangs, traffic, flooding, corruption of minors, mafia, reputation world-wide as a place for only sexpats...

oh no, it's the Soi Dogs!!!!!!

Yes it's Soi Dogs!!!!!!.  Been here 5 years and none of those things in your first sentence have affected my life or annoyed me, which is the OP's subject.   Believe many cities and countries have similar problems with what you listed, except the "sexpat reputation" possibly.  Since I am retired I could care less how others think of this city.  Flooding way worse in other cities in Thailand, and I do not drive as it is unnecessary here with bolt, moto taxis, and baht buses.  Traffic bad in big cities all over the world because Big Auto and Big Oil have spent 70 years convincing everyone that they have to have a personal automobile.  

Soi Dogs can be an almost daily nuisance many people in many areas of Pattaya as we travel the streets on bicycles and/or walking.  

Edited by Skallywag

7 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes it's Soi Dogs!!!!!!.  Been here 5 years and none of those things in your first sentence have affected my life or annoyed me, which is the OP's subject.   Believe many cities and countries have similar problems with what you listed, except the "sexpat reputation" possibly.  Since I am retired I could care less how others think of this city.  Flooding way worse in other cities in Thailand, and I do not drive as it is unnecessary here with bolt, moto taxis, and baht buses.  Traffic bad in big cities all over the world because Big Auto and Big Oil have spent 70 years convincing everyone that they have to have a personal automobile.  

Soi Dogs can be an almost daily nuisance many people in many areas of Pattaya as we travel the streets on bicycles and/or walking.  

why is Soi Dogs and do the bars there have a happy hour? 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:29 AM, geisha said:

Nothing wrong in pointing out the shoddy stuff you come across here .

yes there is. it's pointless and boring and serves only to show that you lost The Game. 

what the OP should have said was "I hate myself because I'm unable to adapt to the local conditions because despite being on this earth for three-quarters of a century I've learnt nothing. please halp."

• Haha 1