Baht Bus Thepprasit Road

roger101

Up to when they stopped running I use to use the baht us to go to Thappaya Road.  Very rarely the return because I was too late and it had stopped running. But I have missed it the last couple of years .So Saturday on my motorbike I noticed people boarding a Baht Bus to come up Thepprasit. Are they operating now?  I don't wont to walk to Thepprasit (admittedly only a short way)  and wait for a Bus that doesn't come and then end up getting a motorbike taxi anyway. Yes I know I have a motorbike but I don't drink and  drive.  Any news?

They seem to run on Friday, Saturday and somewhat on Sunday.  I see them on those nights from around 4:30 to 7:30 , probably for the market trade.

Very sporadic on other times. 

Of course, these are the only times I've noticed them running, not all the time like before Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:58 AM, IAMHERE said:

They seem to run on Friday, Saturday and somewhat on Sunday.  I see them on those nights from around 4:30 to 7:30 , probably for the market trade.

Very sporadic on other times. 

Of course, these are the only times I've noticed them running, not all the time like before Covid.

Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for those this weekend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roger101 said:

Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for those this weekend.

Worse comes to worse the orange vest moto guys on the corner would take 40 baht to ride you up to the market, I'm sure. At least take you close enough to walk the rest of the way. Don't forget to do the Kwai market a little bit before the night market area. Come to think of it, if they won't accept 40 baht to the night market maybe to the Kwai market, visit that flea market then walk on up to the night market. Have fun, I actually enjoy the used/2nd hand market a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem at the moment is that we  are in a Catch 22 situation. The Baht Buses wont return until there are customers to pick up. Conversely the customers wont return until they are sure there will be Baht Buses  running.

What we need is some wealthy local firm to sponsor some Buses for a period of time (guaranteeing a income for each driver). After that period let the drivers decide if there is enough customers to continue.

There must be one or two  large local firms that could help. I can think of at least one.

43 minutes ago, roger101 said:

The problem at the moment is that we  are in a Catch 22 situation. The Baht Buses wont return until there are customers to pick up. Conversely the customers wont return until they are sure there will be Baht Buses  running.

What we need is some wealthy local firm to sponsor some Buses for a period of time (guaranteeing a income for each driver). After that period let the drivers decide if there is enough customers to continue.

There must be one or two  large local firms that could help. I can think of at least one.

plenty of baht buses on the proper routes 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, roger101 said:

I saw 2 baht buses today while going up Thepprasit so I"getting hopeful. One was pulling away from where they used to turnaround  near Thappaya Road.

I'm sure the arrival of the Russians who like to head up to Tesco Lotus and the Thepprasit Market is a factor.