Almost refused entry at Suvarnabhumi

Just now, nigelforbes said:

At age 79 years a 20 year visa doesn't represent good value to me, statistically speaking I would only ever be able to use a part of it, why waste money unnecessarily.

And since I am 79 years old and have underlying health issues, I've been advised to stay away from crowds during the pandemic/winter and Immigration tends to be very crowded at times.....using an agent solves this problem nicely. The previous poster also thought I was being elitist but he didn't think things through either! As for the golf: I've tried it from a wheel chair but it doesn't have the same appeal it used to have.

Thanks for the clarification of why you use an agent, makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proton said:

Great unwashed masses, how elitist can you get! Last time I did an extension it took 20 minutes and cost 1.900 baht, how much did it cost you? People using agents either have more money than sense or just have no money in the bank. 

If all the Immigration offices had the same rules and all the Immigration Officers obeyed the rules and interpreted them the same way, you would be correct.

Unfortunately as we all know this is not the case, even in the same office different officers say different things.

How many people on this forum have posted about problems with immigration, I got to admit sometimes its the fault of the applicant, but other times it seems the IO deliberately makes things difficult.

If you live fairly close to the Immigration Office and if its just a missing form or something, usually its not a problem, but some folks live hours away.

It seems Immigration change things many times without informing anyone, so you turn up and hey, you need to fill this in, or copy something.

Good agents take away the anxiety and  can give folks peace of mind. You have to pay for the peace of mind though, but some think its worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

And why not? I pay a legitimate and reliable agent with an excellent reputation to handle ALL my Immigration requirements each year, including visa extension, 90 day report, TM whatevers etc adinfinitum. This reduces my personal interaction with Immigration down to 5 minutes each year when I have my photograph taken. The rest of my retirement is mine to enjoy, free of concern that I might miss an important date, forget to fill out a form properly, have to wait for long periods in Immigration along with the great unwashed masses, have to play thrust and parry with Immi. staff during the annual renewal etc etc etc. The next time I get married I may even consider using an agent for that also, perhaps they can also supply the wife too. ????

Yes a man after my own heart, although my local Immigration office which I pass daily only requires the passport for 90 day reports and are so pleasant it seems a shame not to visit.

I suppose using an agent could be argued as creating employment or redistribution of wealth.

I will pass on the marriage part as I don’t want to keep losing half the house.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

If all the Immigration offices had the same rules and all the Immigration Officers obeyed the rules and interpreted them the same way, you would be correct.

Unfortunately as we all know this is not the case, even in the same office different officers say different things.

How many people on this forum have posted about problems with immigration, I got to admit sometimes its the fault of the applicant, but other times it seems the IO deliberately makes things difficult.

If you live fairly close to the Immigration Office and if its just a missing form or something, usually its not a problem, but some folks live hours away.

It seems Immigration change things many times without informing anyone, so you turn up and hey, you need to fill this in, or copy something.

Good agents take away the anxiety and  can give folks peace of mind. You have to pay for the peace of mind though, but some think its worth it.

Agree, these days immigration want you to use an agent, here in Pattaya anyway. Talking to a friend in the gym the other day, British guy. He got his 30 day entry on arrival, went to Pattaya immigration for an extention and was told at the front desk '7 days only'. 

He ended up going up country, visiting his friends and went to the local immigration, they approved another month or so. 

I use an agent, I give them what they ask for and a little bit of money and they do it all, even do my 90 day reports. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Agree, these days immigration want you to use an agent, here in Pattaya anyway. Talking to a friend in the gym the other day, British guy. He got his 30 day entry on arrival, went to Pattaya immigration for an extention and was told at the front desk '7 days only'. 

He ended up going up country, visiting his friends and went to the local immigration, they approved another month or so. 

I use an agent, I give them what they ask for and a little bit of money and they do it all, even do my 90 day reports. 

Are you saying that Pattaya gave him 7 days extension and then he got another 30 days after that ?

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

and why in a short timespan from flicking the other one to the curb....possible disaster on the horizon again.  Why do guys rush to get married, unless it is just for the Visa....hmmmm...thoughts to ponder.

Amazing how desperste some guys are..

Very sad..

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But of you apply for  30 day extension, they either give you 30 days or 7 days , they don't not just give you nothing 

He didn't apply at Pattaya. 

He spoke to the front desk girl, she told him '7 days only' 

So he left 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

13 hours ago, petermik said:

Perhaps wedding cake is a favourite of his?

It's the most risky food to indulge in. The ill affects could appear years after eating it.????

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

6 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

It's the most risky food to indulge in. The ill affects could appear years after eating it.????

Especially if the cake top anniversary cake topper becomes rock hard and can be used as an instrument of injury.............