Non-B application at embassy KL

Planning to get a 90 day temporary Non-B visa at Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur in order to apply for work permit and 1 year extension.

Embassy has a checklist that requires approval letter from Department of Employment or WP3 form. 

Been today at Department of Employment. They said WP3 has been replaced by WP32. And they don't know of any approval letter. 

They recommended to leave Thailand and then apply for WP32, wait for approval and then go to embassy to apply for Non-B.

Currently I'm on Non-ED extension and even if I leave the country I am wondering how department of employment can issue work permit without prior temporary Non-B.

I'm really confused. Anyone can shed some light on the process or has done a Non-B at KL or any other Thai Embassy. Thank you 

The letter would be a work permit application approval letter granted after the application is submitted by your employer.

The letter is an alternative to the WP32 if you are already in the country. A WP32 is about the same as the letter and it is not a work permit.

What is your current visa or extension of stay status.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The letter would be a work permit application approval letter granted after the application is submitted by your employer.

The letter is an alternative to the WP32 if you are already in the country. A WP32 is about the same as the letter and it is not a work permit.

What is your current visa or extension of stay status.

Thank ubonjoe. Very helpful. 

So as I understand, we will be going ahead to submit the WP32 application and wait for the results?

Currently I am on Non-ED extension that expires on 28 October 

6 hours ago, CLW said:

So as I understand, we will be going ahead to submit the WP32 application and wait for the results?

You cannot apply for the WP32 while in the country. It is only for those not in Thailand.

Since you are on non-ed visa entry you can have a normal work permit application done and then get the approval letter. The approval can be used to apply for new extension after your current is canceled. Then the work permit will be issued,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for the WP32 while in the country. It is only for those not in Thailand.

Since you are on non-ed visa entry you can have a normal work permit application done and then get the approval letter. The approval can be used to apply for new extension after your current is canceled. Then the work permit will be issued,

Okay, thanks for clarification.

My boss anyhow hired an agent to do the work for her, it's quite similar but the agent said she can't apply for work permit based on NON-ED. So the plan is now I leave to country to cancel my ED-Visa and meanwhile the agent applying for WP32 and sent it to me. With that I can then apply for 90 day NON-B, come back and do the work permit followed by 1-year-extension.

The reason for this is, the Department of Employment is going to check the departure and arrival stamps later and they must matching with the application date for WP32 (later than this and earlier than NON-B application)

Before reading your reply I asked the agent the same question or process: to apply for work permit based on NON-ED. But she said the Department of Employment doesn't do this anymore.

• 5 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, CLW said:

Okay, thanks for clarification.

My boss anyhow hired an agent to do the work for her, it's quite similar but the agent said she can't apply for work permit based on NON-ED. So the plan is now I leave to country to cancel my ED-Visa and meanwhile the agent applying for WP32 and sent it to me. With that I can then apply for 90 day NON-B, come back and do the work permit followed by 1-year-extension.

The reason for this is, the Department of Employment is going to check the departure and arrival stamps later and they must matching with the application date for WP32 (later than this and earlier than NON-B application)

Before reading your reply I asked the agent the same question or process: to apply for work permit based on NON-ED. But she said the Department of Employment doesn't do this anymore.

Hi. When applying for the non B visa at the Thai embassy did they require a police clearance and did you have to provide a bank statement? 

On 3/28/2023 at 8:17 PM, drronnie said:

Hi. When applying for the non B visa at the Thai embassy did they require a police clearance and did you have to provide a bank statement? 

No and no. Not required 

• 2 weeks later...