Tourist e-visa

Just done this ( UK ) and received my letter of acceptance via e-mail which I have printed out onto a sheet of A4 paper . Do I need to present this along with my passport to the immigration officer at BKK , or will they know from the computer that I have a SETV and stamp me in for 60 days ?

Many thanks 

Thanks . I must have missed that . For anyone thinking of applying , these are the docs needed -

flight booking

hotel booking

bank statement

p/p last 2 pages

p/p main page

face photo

photo holding open at main page p/p

signed declaration

confirmation letter

proof of residency

proof of identity  

inside leg measurement

OK , I made that last one up ????

seems to get more difficult every year .

• Like 2

I guess the requirements vary from country to country, consulate to consulate. 

I did my 60 day tourist visa last June online and they only asked for Covid health insurance policy, bank statement, copy of passport bio page, application form and copy of ticket. 

I WAS expecting to have to supply proof of residence/accom and a copy of my driver's license but not required. 

Anyway, with the emailed approval they gave me a Ref. number to write on the "original" application form.. 

I brought that and my passport with my pic to the Sydney Consulate. 

Picked up Passport w/visa 3 days later. 

10 hours ago, persimmon said:

Thanks . I must have missed that . For anyone thinking of applying , these are the docs needed -

flight booking

hotel booking

bank statement

p/p last 2 pages

p/p main page

face photo

signed declaration

confirmation letter

proof of residency

proof of identity  

inside leg measurement

yes, soon it will be colour of undies being worn

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

I guess the requirements vary from country to country, consulate to consulate. 

I did my 60 day tourist visa last June online and they only asked for Covid health insurance policy, bank statement, copy of passport bio page, application form and copy of ticket. 

I WAS expecting to have to supply proof of residence/accom and a copy of my driver's license but not required. 

Anyway, with the emailed approval they gave me a Ref. number to write on the "original" application form.. 

I brought that and my passport with my pic to the Sydney Consulate. 

Picked up Passport w/visa 3 days later. 

It sounds like you used the older on-line system to register for your visa . The E-visa system is completely on line with no visit to Embassy to bring paperwork and pick up the visa. Once complete and approved they email a visa page to carry with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, persimmon said:

flight booking

hotel booking

bank statement

p/p last 2 pages

p/p main page

face photo

signed declaration

confirmation letter

proof of residency

proof of identity  

inside leg measurement

I went through exactly the same process with the London Embassy.  It was an absolute PITA and I resolved to do my best to avoid doing it again.  In my case it was probably a day and a half of faffing about including having to download and learn photo editing software to resize documents to comply with their requirements.

And why on earth do they need three different facial photos (including the one in the passport)?

If I were an ordinary tourist with no particular ties to this country I would just go somewhere else where I do not have to put up with this.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

I went through exactly the same process with the London Embassy.  It was an absolute PITA and I resolved to do my best to avoid doing it again.  In my case it was probably a day and a half of faffing about including having to download and learn photo editing software to resize documents to comply with their requirements.

And why on earth do they need three different facial photos (including the one in the passport)?

If I were an ordinary tourist with no particular ties to this country I would just go somewhere else where I do not have to put up with this.

Me too.  I hear that the Philippines is a breeze with no nonsense for up to three years but I do not think that my Thai family want to move there,

1 hour ago, rohitsuk said:

Birth certificate for Grandmother's cat (showing its blood group) and yes, I am making that up too but:

Pathetic tiresome nonsense for a 90 day visa.  The essence of bureaucracy - some people have nothing better to do than to try to make other people's lives as difficult as possible. Bing on the tumbril cart. !

Agreed, I believe his list of 'headaches' was for his 60 day tourist visa. The 90 day Non O list is very similar, I arrived with one 4 months ago. 45 day visa exempt would be the way to go I guess if you are not interested in being a keyboard application warrior.........  

1 hour ago, brotherother said:

Can somebody please inform me what the financial requirements are when uploading the bank statement for a SETV (UK applicant)?

Many thanks.

I think they give some ludicrous figure on the London Thai Embassy website which is at variance with what the law actually requires.

As I understand it the figure the law requires is the equivalent of 20K Baht for a single applicant.  As a real world example of a figure that worked in a UK application I provided a UK bank statement showing a balance of just over 3K Pounds.  That is simply because that is what I happened to have in my account at the time.  I believe a lower figure would be accepted.

Edited by In the jungle
  • Like 1