Latest Date to Renew Extension of Stay

The 12-month "retirement extension" of my Non O is coming up and due to factors beyond my control, I may not be able to get to CW till the week or maybe even a day or two before the expiration date. Advice would be appreciated regarding the feasibility of getting an extension on such short notice (my financials are in order) or if an agent might be better able to handle it (and, if so, any recommended agents/agencies).

Thanks!

Thanks, Dr Jack. That puts my mind somewhat at ease. Usually I renew over a month in advance but, alas, not possible this year.

When you say "up till date of expiry of permission of stay" does that include the day itself, for example, if the date stamped in the passport is October 26, is it possible to apply on the 26th?
(Not an ideal situation, to be sure, and hopefully not necessary, but better to know just in case.)

11 minutes ago, Ludlow said:

When you say "up till date of expiry of permission of stay" does that include the day itself,

Yes 

However really good idea to have a minimum of day or two up your sleeve for obscure requirement from immigration. 

Example request of bank statements even though bank book pages photocopies acceptable in the past ....is example of curve ball. 

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, Ludlow said:

The 12-month "retirement extension" of my Non O is coming up and due to factors beyond my control, I may not be able to get to CW till the week or maybe even a day or two before the expiration date. Advice would be appreciated regarding the feasibility of getting an extension on such short notice (my financials are in order) or if an agent might be better able to handle it (and, if so, any recommended agents/agencies).

A retirement extension can be done on the day of application.. which can also be the day it expires.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes 

However really good idea to have a minimum of day or two up your sleeve for obscure requirement from immigration. 

Example request of bank statements even though bank book pages photocopies acceptable in the past ....is example of curve ball. 

Wise advice, as always, Dr Jack.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A retirement extension can be done on the day of application.. which can also be the day it expires.

Hopefully won't have to wait till the day of expiration, but it's good to know it's possible. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ludlow said:

Hopefully won't have to wait till the day of expiration, but it's good to know it's possible. Thanks!

Just for others reading...

You most likely could obtain your extension couple of days after expiry.

You would pay overstay and have your extension processed. 

However that would completely be in the hands of immigration office so no guarantees.