Best exchange place to buy foreign currency?

I want to exchange THB for AUD, what's currently the best exchange place to buy (not sell) foreign currency? There was a good one just next to Starbucks in Central Festival, but is still closed. BetterRate is not giving good rate....

• 4 months later...

I have relatives visiting me now and had a look at the exchange boots along Chaweng beach road to exchange a few hundred USD....most of them are buying at 32 and sell at 35. Haven't seen such wide margins before. The greed is taking over Samui.

14 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I have relatives visiting me now and had a look at the exchange boots along Chaweng beach road to exchange a few hundred USD....most of them are buying at 32 and sell at 35. Haven't seen such wide margins before. The greed is taking over Samui.

Yes - greed is accelerating.

I found Bank of Ayudhaya to be better than all booths in my area.

https://www.krungsri.com/en/exchangerate/Todayrates

USD.svg  U.S.A. USD 1 33.97000 35.35000 34.72000 34.82000 35.32000
USD.svg  U.S.A. USD 5-20 34.37000 35.36000 UNQ. UNQ. UNQ.
USD.svg  U.S.A. USD 50-100 34.69000 35.37000 UNQ. UNQ. UNQ.
EUR.svg  EURO EUR   36.46000 37.54000 36.49885 36.61885 37.37885
GBP.svg  UNITED KINGDOM GBP   41.14000
Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, proton said:

Always Superich, Superrich Thailand or Vasu, better than anywhere including banks

have a look at wise (transferwise)  even have debit card, should be good for travelling and no need run around... but warning, their support is nearly non existant...  just a front line of monkeys that look stuff up and paste to you....

16 minutes ago, Seeall said:

have a look at wise (transferwise)  even have debit card, should be good for travelling and no need run around... but warning, their support is nearly non existant...  just a front line of monkeys that look stuff up and paste to you....

Never had any problems with Wise, or even when it was Transferwise. Do monthly transfer to Bkk Bank for Immigration, which arrives next day as a Foreign Transfer, and my on recent trip to Dubai, I never touched any Dirham, simply tapped my Wise Card. Had a slight problem with one transaction which was sorted by their 'monkeys' within 24 hours.

I get good exchange rates in both cases.

Edited by KannikaP

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

Cash money is becoming less attractive, high expenses to sit on them; at least one European currency is even difficult send back to the country of origin due to whitewashing fear, so the present exchange rate in Thailand to buy this currency in cash is between 50% of official rate and 0, like in "zero"...:whistling:

10 hours ago, proton said:

Always Superich, Superrich Thailand or Vasu, better than anywhere including banks

AFAIK there is neither of these in Samui. I changed money with Superrich at Swampy a few months ago, very competitive rates.

• Thumbs Up 1