Pattaya to Cambodia border run quotes

So my last covid extension stamp in passport is due to expire 21st October.Been reading this forum to get some ideas and also have made enquiries in Pattaya.

1. Visa 2 Britain  the  visa offices in the corner next to Jomtien Immigration quoted 5500 baht.

2. Contact number from Maneerat visa agents.Got quoted 3000 baht.Then told would have to pay a further 1500 at the border.Not really sure who to.

Checked out 2 visa offices on Soi Buakhao.

3. Cambodia Inter tour and travel limited.Lady in office says border run 3000 baht.Then man in next desk leans over and says and 1500 to be paid at border.So full price 4500.

4. L. R travel service they have visa price notice so take photo.Was told that is all inclusive price nothing else to pay.

CB461748-6A4A-46E5-9BC9-F09172BE648F.thumb.jpeg.39b30ea1a37e3f6bea90b1651dae74dc.jpeg

So there you have it.Would be good to have feedback from anyone who has done a border run yet and what they actually paid.Two of the quotes it seems we have to pay someone at the border other quotes it is all taken care of in the price.

• Like 2

You need a Visa to enter Cambodia which (IIRC) is $30 (Though I got charged $35 on my 1st visit to Phom Penh, I did seem to get sped through the process though so not all bad) so somebody needs to pay roughly 1,000 at the border whether it's you or the Agent (if you've already paid them as part of the package).

1,500 doesn't seem unreasonable as you tend to get hammered on the exchange rate if you're not paying in USD, you could ask the Agent if you can  get a Cambodian E-Visa before hand but this is $36 (+ a fee for the processing agent) so unless you're running out of Passport pages you're probably better off just getting the Visa on Arrival at the border. 

Re: Agents, my suggestion would be to go with Maneerat as I've found them to be very knowledgeable/reliable in all mine (& my friends) immigration needs. 

Edit: @BritTim makes a great point about same day return, unless you're planning to stay overnight I would just go with the flow & pay the 1,500b fee 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

Far out, I did around 13 or 14 border runs when I first moved over here 15-1/2 years ago and never paid more than 1200 baht, things have gone through the roof it appears ????

Edited by Pungdo
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Hmunker said:

LR 2 minutes walk from and on same side as Nature View Hotel.I think that notice hasn’t been amended because I am sure vaccine certificates has been dropped for entry into Cambodia.

https://english.cambodiadaily.com/news/covid-19-cambodia-lifts-entry-requirements-180026/

8592CC3B-3F0F-46CD-92AB-7BE5129A145D.png

Correct, Cambodia has dropped all Covid entry requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cambodia/entry-requirements