Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine

webfact

Lies, lies & more lies, Thailand doesnt for 1 minute believe that. They want to sit on the fence so they will not be disadvantaged in any way, especially financially!! The Russian corruption machine means Thailand can easily do deals with Russia where as countries with more transparency & morals will not.  By not openly condemning the invasion means Thailand are well placed to benefit much like Burma & North Korea, China to a lesser extent!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Thailand sucking up to dictators because they need to keep China at arm's length whilst enjoying  their money, need to get discounted oil from Russia,  need Russian and Chinese  Tourists,  and oh yes Thailand has a pretend democracy too! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Julian Assange.

Does Russia have allies imprison journalists in maximum security prisons who are neither Russian citizens nor citizens of the country imprisoning  them, because they exposed Russian.war crimes?

That situation is still in play..

But it's not a good look for USA.

However.. Russia is indiscriminately targeting civilians.. in the so-called Russian majority areas of Ukraine. Toxic love..

Away with ye, Russian apologist... unless you are actually Russian, in which case you are flying a false flag and your bias is understandable..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Here you can see how it was before the war in 2014. People in Ukraine blocks ukranian (!) tanks and want separation after the coup.

All I see are the Ukraine military not hurting civilians and nothing to do with the bio labs points I took up with the poster. Maybe you can share a video of the mutant Ukraine soldiers or the pathogen infected birds ready to fly over the borders to Russia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:10 AM, Andycoops said:

Clearly you are as insane as putin.

No matter how long any war lasts, all wars eventually must end via peace talks. 

Given the current strong military  push by Ukraine, in my opinion, now is the best time to start negotiations 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

All I see are the Ukraine military not hurting civilians and nothing to do with the bio labs points I took up with the poster. Maybe you can share a video of the mutant Ukraine soldiers or the pathogen infected birds ready to fly over the borders to Russia?

Your opponent in this topic mentioned referendum and you laughed at him as he said something freaky.

Here I gave you (it was hard to find) some proof that referendum had some reasons in ground. At least it is not something to laugh at.

Those solders aren't doing anything because it is yet 2014 and there are no special squads. Besides, there is a cameramen from UK. What do you expect?

In February, russian soldiers behave the same in Kiev direction. Locals tried to stop them with bare hands without any consequences.

About bio labs: I wonder why you laugh too. There are videos where US representative confirms they were a part of pentagon project or something like this. Please save my time, and search it yourself if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CWMcMurray said:

No matter how long any war lasts, all wars eventually must end via peace talks. 

Given the current strong military  push by Ukraine, in my opinion, now is the best time to start negotiations 

Zelensky has said he is willing to negotiate with any Russian leader except Putin. And who can blame him, given the number of times Putin has reneged on commitments?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Your opponent in this topic mentioned referendum and you laughed at him as he said something freaky.

Here I gave you (it was hard to find) some proof that referendum had some reasons in ground. At least it is not something to laugh at.

Those solders aren't doing anything because it is yet 2014 and there are no special squads. Besides, there is a cameramen from UK. What do you expect?

In February, russian soldiers behave the same in Kiev direction. Locals tried to stop them with bare hands without any consequences.

About bio labs: I wonder why you laugh too. There are videos where US representative confirms they were a part of pentagon project or something like this. Please save my time, and search it yourself if you're interested.

You need to sort out what my topic was, then you may have some idea of what I was responding to, ie the bio labs conspiracy which is indeed laughable:

It was a lurid and difficult to believe claim: that Ukraine was developing biological weapons with the assistance of the U.S. government, in fact, U.S. assistance to Ukrainian biological labs has been targeted at strengthening public health measures, both the U.S. and Ukraine have also signed a treaty vowing never to produce or use biological weapons.

But unlike most Russian efforts to spread false narratives justifying its invasion of Ukraine, this one found a receptive audience in the United States among far-right social media channels, Fox News and followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

Biological Threat Reduction Program

https://ua.usembassy.gov/embassy/kyiv/sections-offices/defense-threat-reduction-office/biological-threat-reduction-program/

Russia has accused Ukraine and the US at the UN security council of a plot to use migratory birds and bats to spread pathogens

Russian lawmakers have accused Ukraine of using “mutant” soldiers, supposedly created in a U.S. operated biological laboratory, to fight off Russian soldiers

Russia even brought these claims to the UN Assembly with no evidence:

No evidence Ukraine has biological weapons, UN says following Russian accusation | FULL

The UN Security Council met at Russia's request on Friday to discuss what Moscow claims are "the military biological activities of the U.S. on the territory of Ukraine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYwtS-ENps

Your video by the way shows nothing of the situation back in 2014 aside from what the reporter said, filmed and witnessed which was the Ukraine military going to engage "terrorists" but were blocked by a group of civilians so stopped & no that's nothing like 24th Feb in Kyiv.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your video by the way shows nothing of the situation back in 2014 aside from what the reporter said, filmed and witnessed which was the Ukraine military going to engage "terrorists" but were blocked by a group of civilians so stopped & no that's nothing like 24th Feb in Kyiv.

True, true, this is because those "terrorists" were not really a terrorists, but civilians (supported by Russia). Thank you for taking it in quotes.

I also admit that Russia would also suppress its own separatists.

I don't think US developed a weapon right there, but gathered information, maybe made experiments. Which itself is a part of US biological weapon project. Just like covid virus in Wuhan. I don't have enough competence to make conclusion about birds with plague or something. May be it is also possible.

What I'm trying to say that you and others present a difficult situation in such "simple" and "obvious" ways, like Putin is evil, Russia is the only aggressor, nobody needs protection from Kiev and so on.

I see it as a part of history where everything repeating, where each party (yes, each) has own truth.

You may have noticed my recently activity, but I feel like I need to object to utterly pro-Ukraian posts and remind to public that things are not obvious, something happened in the history of your home countries and so on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plus7 said:

True, true, this is because those "terrorists" were not really a terrorists, but civilians (supported by Russia). Thank you for taking it in quotes.

I also admit that Russia would also suppress its own separatists.

I don't think US developed a weapon right there, but gathered information, maybe made experiments. Which itself is a part of US biological weapon project. Just like covid virus in Wuhan. I don't have enough competence to make conclusion about birds with plague or something. May be it is also possible.

What I'm trying to say that you and others present a difficult situation in such "simple" and "obvious" ways, like Putin is evil, Russia is the only aggressor, nobody needs protection from Kiev and so on.

I see it as a part of history where everything repeating, where each party (yes, each) has own truth.

You may have noticed my recently activity, but I feel like I need to object to utterly pro-Ukraian posts and remind to public that things are not obvious, something happened in the history of your home countries and so on.

Oh please, 2014:

Russia took advantage of them to launch a coordinated political and military campaign against Ukraine.[64] Russian citizens led the separatist movement in Donetsk from April until August 2014, and were supported by volunteers and materiel from Russia.[65][66][67] As the conflict escalated in May 2014, Russia employed a "hybrid approach", deploying a combination of disinformation, irregular fighters, regular Russian troops, and conventional military support to destabilize the Donbas.

As for the rest of your thoughts, you provide just that, thoughts and no evidence, I stick to facts and opinions based on those. Feel free to ask me any opinions based on those and I'll gladly respond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh please, 2014:

Russia took advantage of them to launch ...

As for the rest of your thoughts, you provide just that, thoughts and no evidence, I stick to facts and opinions based on those. Feel free to ask me any opinions based on those and I'll gladly respond.

Yes, yes, I agree with all from the above until you give assessment of what is happening one-sidedly.

West supports one separatists (Chechnya, Kosovo for example) and doesn't like another ones depending on their own interest in the region.

But I admit this too as this is the part of history and nothing really changed since 100 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, plus7 said:

Yes, yes, I agree with all from the above until you give assessment of what is happening one-sidedly.

West supports one separatists (Chechnya, Kosovo for example) and doesn't like another ones depending on their own interest in the region.

But I admit this too as this is the part of history and nothing really changed since 100 years ago.

You agree with it after you are faced with evidence, before that you claim something else. 

The rest of your post is off topic unless you want to also bring in Russian support for separatists in other countries as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You agree with it after you are faced with evidence, before that you claim something else.

The rest of your post is off topic unless you ....

Excuse me, but a good half of your posts is offtopic too, to be exact. This topic is called "Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine".

I don't want to waste your time (to  search proofs), but I didn't claimed anything contradictory. Not sure what you mean by "bringing support", "other countries", huh ? Unlike your posts, my posts are replies to your(and others) one-sided offtopical posts. I don't call your messages "propagandistic", because you're not a propagandist, but a kind guy, maybe with Ukrainian wife (now or on the past), without actual historical background on the situation. You do it from the heart naively.

Ontopic: I agree with Thailand's position on the situation, it should decide and act on its own interests and it is not cowardness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Excuse me, but a good half of your posts is offtopic too, to be exact. This topic is called "Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine".

I don't want to waste your time (to  search proofs), but I didn't claimed anything contradictory. Not sure what you mean by "bringing support", "other countries", huh ? Unlike your posts, my posts are replies to your(and others) one-sided offtopical posts. I don't call your messages "propagandistic", because you're not a propagandist, but a kind guy, maybe with Ukrainian wife (now or on the past), without actual historical background on the situation. You do it from the heart naively.

Ontopic: I agree with Thailand's position on the situation, it should decide and act on its own interests and it is not cowardness.

You may want to follow the string of posts I was responding to before accusing me of being off topic rather than trying to bring in "Chechnya, Kosovo" into the mix.

As for your opinion on Thailand's decision, good for you. I would expect nothing less based on your previous posts.

In other words, we believe condemnation would increase the risk to Thailand. We believe that by not criticizing Russia's genocide against women and children, they will be nice to us. And morality does not factor into the equation, as the administration is controlled by the army here. Enough said. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, nausea said:

Basically, Thailand has no interest in pi@#ing off, China, India, Russia, or the USA. Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But it is the choice of this government and not necessarily that of the Thai people.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, nausea said:

The human cost in Ukraine is on humongous levels. Will someone please say stop. 

Easy to say, but not so easy to do.

Of course the invader, Putin, could admit that he has lost, surrender, and pull out from ALL Russian occupied Ukraine including the Crimea, Donbass etc and pay reparations.

It could happen but NOT under Putin.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 5:23 PM, Thingamabob said:

Siam avoided being colonised by skillfully portraying itself as a neutral player between the French in Laos and Cambodia, and the British in India/Burma and Malaya.  However it then miscalculated by accomodating Japan in WW2,  and now Thailand/Prayut have further miscalculated in this case, given the appalling atrocities committed by the Russian military in Ukraine. It appears the diplomatic skills of Thailand's forefathers nl longer exist. Self-interest and greed now take precedence.

What on earth are you on about? Thailand didn't "accommodate" Japan, they did the only sensible thing in the face of an undefeatable enemy, to avoid bringing death and destruction on the country.

If the British could be defeated in Malaya, what chance would the Thais have?

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

But it is the choice of this government and not necessarily that of the Thai people.

Are there demonstrations in the street demanding that Thailand support the west's stance on Ukraine?

If not, I doubt they are concerned. Probably waaaaay more worried about the economy and how they are going to survive amid political turmoil, economic problems, floods etc.

Europe is far away.