Do you fall in love with women?

Sparktrader

13 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Great but, as with BM2 two notches above, I prefer the front.

Im happy I am able to think and feel different based on my experiences in life. I had a few relationships that failed of different reasons, but at least I did grow and learn something on the wY, and still do. It basically the same as everything in life, you have to work for it! If you want progression in life and at work, what do you do? You put in the necessery time and  understanding to succeed. 

Comfortable laziness do not take you far

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And I'm happy with your being happy that you're able to think and feel different.

Thank you, just annoying hearing about our illusion and sure it is for some, but still the negative generalization is a bit boring. And sure, things can change, but so far it is good.

Still I see and understand other living in poisonous relationships and I just don't get it, but each and one for itself. 

I did one mistake once by pointing out one where taken advantage of, but I mildly say we do not speak today. His situation is status Q 5 years later

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Most are just losers in the real world so they enjoy living in their made up fantasy world. 555

Really? Is that all you got? Such a charitable heart. Do you honestly think the majority (most is what, 60% or more?) of expats who live in Pattaya, Samui and Phuket are losers? Why? Because they like younger women? Because they won't and don't put up with the "me too nonsense" back in their home countries? Because they were courageous and wise enough to make the move here?

That sounds line my definition of a winner. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

So much negativity when it comes to relationships and women here, and men who live in the past. 

Nuture negative feelings instead of positive. No wonder it doesnt work. 

Love needs to be nutured from both parts. Give and take and not so complicated at once you have an partner who understand the same as you and get each others back. 

The first thing I told my gf, now wife, it is you and me against the world, not against each other. At once we manage and understand that, we will make it if we want. And so far it have stuck with us, and every time we start nagging and being childish we reminding each other what we agreed up on.

However it works for us. Just sad to see so many lost souls pouring out negativity day after day. 

There are some interesting input here, however, pointing out "negativity" because of some geezers' comments is rather strange. There are many "positive" people too. I find people way too positive sometimes. 

Our experiences are different. Some goes through hell, some are born lucky. Some are lucky in business, some aren't. Some find soulmates, some don't. Just because someone has good experiences or has more willpower, it doesn't mean others have the same. 

As for love needs to be nurtured, it may work for some, it may not work for others. Can't put everybody in the same hat.

Some like to get into the routine of belonging to each other no matter what, some may try hard but feelings may deplete. For some women nothing is good enough, for some the bare minimum will suffice. 

I like your idea of "you and me against the world." 

Been with my missus for 13 years, and I can agree that this philosophy works, however, sometimes, things change and become irreversible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, garrya said:

There are some interesting input here, however, pointing out "negativity" because of some geezers' comments is rather strange. There are many "positive" people too. I find people way too positive sometimes. 

Our experiences are different. Some goes through hell, some are born lucky. Some are lucky in business, some aren't. Some find soulmates, some don't. Just because someone has good experiences or has more willpower, it doesn't mean others have the same. 

As for love needs to be nurtured, it may work for some, it may not work for others. Can't put everybody in the same hat.

Some like to get into the routine of belonging to each other no matter what, some may try hard but feelings may deplete. For some women nothing is good enough, for some the bare minimum will suffice. 

I like your idea of "you and me against the world." 

Been with my missus for 13 years, and I can agree that this philosophy works, however, sometimes, things change and become irreversible. 

If we can agree on one thing, or maybe two, then we can call it a day.

1. Success depends on hard work and the will to try to understand what stops you from succeeding?

2. Easy come easy go?

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

If we can agree on one thing, or maybe two, then we can call it a day.

1. Success depends on hard work and the will to try to understand what stops you from succeeding?

2. Easy come easy go?

Depends on what we call success.

Is success living the life we dreamed of after we retire, or is it looking back on a life of sacrifice that benefited others at our own expense?

Millions work hard, but never benefit.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? Is that all you got? Such a charitable heart. Do you honestly think the majority (most is what, 60% or more?) of expats who live in Pattaya, Samui and Phuket are losers? Why? Because they like younger women? Because they won't and don't put up with the "me too nonsense" back in their home countries? Because they were courageous and wise enough to make the move here?

That sounds line my definition of a winner. 

IMO there are no winners or losers. Just lucky or unlucky.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks if not for x, y, z they'd have been wealthy, happy and fulfilled.

In my case it's "if I'd gone to work in the Australian mines instead of becoming a nurse I'd be livin' in LOS, wealthy, happy and waking up with at least 1 lovely lady in my bed every day".

Was it just bad luck that I made the wrong choice? IMO yes.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks if not for x, y, z they'd have been wealthy, happy and fulfilled.

In my case it's "if I'd gone to work in the Australian mines instead of becoming a nurse I'd be livin' in LOS, wealthy, happy and waking up with at least 1 lovely lady in my bed every day".

Everyone is wiser in hindsight, we can only do what we feel is right at the time. Its easy to beat yourself up, but pointless as its history.Best anyone can do is learn from it and adjust going forward, not doing so is the real loss and problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Everyone is wiser in hindsight, we can only do what we feel is right at the time. Its easy to beat yourself up, but pointless as its history.Best anyone can do is learn from it and adjust going forward, not doing so is the real loss and problem.

I agree. I've had life altering setbacks in life from which I recovered, eg at 35 I lost my house, car and most of my money, but I went on to have another career, travel, work in other countries, discover lovin' in LOS, and generally have an interesting life.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But a nurses pension is inflation linked and not shabby right? Add the state pension on top and surely you could afford that Thai lifestyle, at least the issan version of it?

50 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

But a nurses pension is inflation linked and not shabby right? Add the state pension on top and surely you could afford that Thai lifestyle, at least the issan version of it?

I only worked for the NHS for 10 years so the super from them isn't large at all, and my main pension ( NOT a nurses pension ) is from NZ and stops if I leave NZ.

No way I could live in LOS on the NHS super alone.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can't say I ever viewed nursing as a viable way to make money.

So not bad luck but poor judgement IMHO.

10 hours ago, garrya said:

Some find soulmates, some don't.

My Father died just before my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. My Mother told me after he died that there were times she wanted to leave him but, with 4 kids, out of the question.

So even in the longest relationships, there can be times when things just ain't all that copacetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You might have got serious injury or anything. No guarantees.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

All be worth $100m in hindsight.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hindsight is a terrible thing. I had so many opportunities, and a financial mentor who wanted to lead me by the hand, and show me how to be financially independent and wealthy, by the time I was 50. He became a multi millionaire, using his real estate instincts. Had I followed his lead, I would have been there too. It was a combination of cowardice, lack of vision, and the desire to enjoy today, without regard for tomorrow. If I think about it too much, it makes me crazy, at this stage of my life. Instead, I try to focus on the many things I have to be grateful for, the wonderful choice I made by moving here, and the many blessings I have in my life. What else can we do?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I have found that one ability that helps me to enjoy my later years in life is being able to not think about anything I really don't want to think about.

"Only two days of the year you cannot do any good. Yesterday and tomorrow."

Dalai Lama

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

"Only two days of the year you cannot do any good. Yesterday and tomorrow."

Dalai Lama

try this:

“There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live.”

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/735245-there-are-only-two-days-in-the-year-that-nothing