Advice needed for my Non Imm O Marriage Visa renewal

I need some advice. I've been renewing my Non Imm O Marriage Vias every year for the last 17 years without any issues. I've been using the 400K in the bank. This year my funds are going to be a little short and I won't be able to get the total 400,000k I need in time of the 2 month cut off date. I'll end up being around 2 weeks late. I know I should have organized this earlier but I didn't. What are my options? Will I have to leave the country and apply for a non Imm O outside of Thailand? Where is the easiest/best place to apply for a Non Imm O outside of Thailand? Can I apply for a 1 year Non Imm O outside of Thailand? I know all the documents I need but what are the requirements for the 400,000B in the bank option applying outside of the country? Do they still want the money in my account for 2 months or is it 3? OR is it better to come back to Thailand using a tourist visa then leave again knowing the 400k was in my account for over 3 months then apply for a Non Imm O? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

Have you previously used 60 day extension to visit wife.

That would provide enough time to season the 400k for two months. 

If you have used that extension ....the best option would be to border bounce and reenter visa exempt and obtain non O marriage at your immigration office.

To apply for non O the 400k only needs to be in the account on day of application.

The subsequent extension requires the funds in bank for 2 months. 

The 90 day stamp from the non O provides enough time to obtain extension.

You would apply in last 30 days with minimum 15 days remaining on your permission of stay. 

As always consult with your immigration office and ask for flexibility 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I've been living here straight for the 22 years. 18 years of those with my wife and using the 1 year non Imm O renewals. My renewal isn't due till the beginning of Dec. It would be great of they would let me extend my visa for a few weeks. I wouldn't have any issues then. 

1 minute ago, rhino533 said:

I've been living here straight for the 22 years. 18 years of those with my wife and using the 1 year non Imm O renewals. My renewal isn't due till the beginning of Dec. It would be great of they would let me extend my visa for a few weeks. I wouldn't have any issues then. 

Reads to me that you have never used the 60 day extension to visit wife..

Especially as you seem unaware of that option.

You cannot extend for "few weeks"

It's a 60 day extension..

1900 baht. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have used that extension ....the best option would be to border bounce and reenter visa exempt and obtain non O marriage at your immigration office.

To apply for non O the 400k only needs to be in the account on day of application.

The subsequent extension requires the funds in bank for 2 months. 

The 90 day stamp from the non O provides enough time to obtain extension.

You would apply in last 30 days with minimum 15 days remaining on your permission of stay. 

As always consult with your immigration office and ask for flexibility 

Thanks so much, this is great advice. I think that's what I'll do. I'll apply for a 3 month non Imm O somewhere outside Thailand then apply for a year again like I usually do at my local immigration office. If the 400,000K only has to be in the account the day I apply then there shouldn't be any worries. 

Where is the easiest place to apply for the Non Imm O visa? 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

1900 baht. 

Really, I never knew that existed. So I can apply for 2 extra months on top of my 1 year visa?

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

1900 baht. 

What are the requirements for a 60 day extension? Thanks again for all this info. I would have never know about this.

7 hours ago, rhino533 said:

What are the requirements for a 60 day extension? Thanks again for all this info. I would have never know about this.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Copies of passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copy of marriage certificate. Copy for your wife's ID card and house book registry.

A completed TM7 form.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Copies of passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copy of marriage certificate. Copy for your wife's ID card and house book registry.

A completed TM7 form.

Will I still need to show the 400,000k in the bank? If yes, is there a timeframe the money has to be in the account? or just as long as it's in there when I apply for the extension?

A big thanks again for all the comments!!

4 minutes ago, rhino533 said:

Will I still need to show the 400,000k in the bank? If yes, is there a timeframe the money has to be in the account? or just as long as it's in there when I apply for the extension?

A big thanks again for all the comments!!

For the 60 day extension the money in bank is not required. 

The 60 days is just to season the 400k for the required time (2 months) so you can then apply for your 12 month extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A completed TM7 form.

I am sorry if I am off this topic but I have to ask the expert.  My friend lives in Khemmarat and he told me that he goes to Ubon Ratchathani Immigration for a retirement Visa, I did not know that you could get a Visa from the Immigration office.  If it is the case, can somebody get a Tourist Visa from the Immigration or does he have to go out of the country.  Thank you very much for your always valuable answers.

5 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

If it is the case, can somebody get a Tourist Visa from the Immigration or does he have to go out of the country

You cannot obtain a tourist visa inside of Thailand.

You need to exit and apply at consulate or embassy. 

One example would be Vientiane. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I thought so.  Can we get a Tourist Visa in Savannaket?

4 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I thought so.  Can we get a Tourist Visa in Savannaket?

Yes. 

Depending on where you are staying you could consider a "holiday" to HCMC. 

Good consulate for tourist visa. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

I am sorry if I am off this topic but I have to ask the expert.  My friend lives in Khemmarat and he told me that he goes to Ubon Ratchathani Immigration for a retirement Visa, I did not know that you could get a Visa from the Immigration office.  If it is the case, can somebody get a Tourist Visa from the Immigration or does he have to go out of the country.  Thank you very much for your always valuable answers.

IMO he goes to get a retirement extension, not the visa. Far as I know any visa has to be obtained outside Thailand.

Won't help OP as need 800,000 in the bank, unless using income method.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO he goes to get a retirement extension, not the visa. Far as I know any visa has to be obtained outside Thailand.

A Non Imm Visa can be obtained at Immigration if it leads onto a 12 month extension for retirement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

My friend lives in Khemmarat and he told me that he goes to Ubon Ratchathani Immigration for a retirement Visa,

He is using incorrect terminology.

From immigration he obtains a 12 month extension based on retirement.

It is not a retirement visa. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

Depending on where you are staying you could consider a "holiday" to HCMC. 

Good consulate for tourist visa. 

Thanks, I am on holiday for 6 months to visit my Thai wife, she lives in a village not for from Nakhon Phanom.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have one more question for you.  After you are done with your 75 days and if you do a land crossing, do you get 30 or 45 days?  I thought that to get another 45 days you had to fly out and back in.  Am I correct?  Thank you very much for your time.

9 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

if you do a land crossing, do you get 30 or 45 days?  I thought that to get another 45 days you had to fly out and back in.  Am I correct?

45 days visa exempt entry by air AND land.

Only 2 visa exempt entry via land per calendar year.

That limit does not apply for visa exempt entries via air. 

Edited by DrJack54

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

45 days visa exempt entry by air AND land.

Only 2 visa exempt entry via land per calendar year.

That limit does not apply for visa exempt entries via air. 

Thank you very much, the reason I asked was because I read so many conflicting stories and it got me confused.  I’ll pass it on to my friend.  Again, thank you very much for your time.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I just talked to one of my friends who lives in Udon Thani and he told me that he gets his retirement Visa at the Immigration in Udon Thani and he has been doing that for many years. 

20 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I just talked to one of my friends who lives in Udon Thani and he told me that he gets his retirement Visa at the Immigration in Udon Thani and he has been doing that for many years. 

Your friend is using incorrect terminology.

He means extension from a non O based on retirement (or from non O-A) 

There is no such thing as a "retirement visa "

Shout out to Dave owner of Sport bar UT.

If you visit UD chill there nice folk. 

Edited by DrJack54

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your friend is using incorrect terminology.

He means extension from a non O based on retirement (or from non O-A) 

There is no such thing as a "retirement visa "

Shout out to Dave owner of Sport bar UT.

If you visit UD chill there nice folk. 

It is not my friend using the wrong terminology, it is me, I called it a retirement Visa because you have to be 50 years old and retired, but in reality, it is a Non-Immigrant O-A and he gets it at the Immigration in Udon Thani and he has done it for years and my other friend gets his at Ubon Ratchathani Immigration, I didn’t invent that, I got it from the horse’s mouth.

24 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

t is not my friend using the wrong terminology, it is me, I called it a retirement Visa because you have to be 50 years old and retired, but in reality, it is a Non-Immigrant O-A and he gets it at the Immigration in Udon Thani and he has done it for years and my other friend gets his at Ubon Ratchathani Immigration, I didn’t invent that, I got it from the horse’s mouth.

A Non-OA visa is only issued by a embassy for official consulate in your home country or a country that you have permanent residency in.

Immigration will extend a entry from a OA visa that is based upon retirement.

21 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

It is not my friend using the wrong terminology, it is me, I called it a retirement Visa because you have to be 50 years old and retired, but in reality, it is a Non-Immigrant O-A and he gets it at the Immigration in Udon Thani and he has done it for years and my other friend gets his at Ubon Ratchathani Immigration, I didn’t invent that, I got it from the horse’s mouth.

A non O-A is a visa valid for one year.

When someone obtains extensions of permission of stay from that visa it is simply an extension of stay.

A non O-A cannot be obtained in Thailand.

BTW there is no such thing as a "retirement visa"

A non O-A is a visa valid for one year.

When someone obtains extensions of permission of stay from that visa it is simply an extension of stay.

A non O-A cannot be obtained in Thailand.

BTW there is no such thing as a "retirement visa"

I realize that there is no such thing as retirement Visa, read my post.  They both told me that they get an O-A Visa at the Immigration every year.  I took their word for it, I am not going to investigate to find out if they are right or wrong.