I'll lead Tories into next election, says embattled Liz Truss

Scott

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I didn’t label him a serial liar.

Asking whether people would believe his answer to a question , is making the suggestion that he is a serial liar and his answer cannot be trusted to be the truth .

Although you didn't make the direct accusation , that was the gist of what you meant 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Asking whether people would believe his answer to a question , is making the suggestion that he is a serial liar and his answer cannot be trusted to be the truth .

Although you didn't make the direct accusation , that was the gist of what you meant 

You are correct, I didn’t make the direct accusation, had I wanted to, I would have.

Perhaps I was observing a reality that Johnson has lost the public’s trust.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do realise that you are trying to portray Boris as a serial liar , based on a misquote from a news article 30 years ago , but its incorrect to label him as being  a serial liar .

Johnson IS a serial liar. End of.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, I didn’t make the direct accusation, had I wanted to, I would have.

Perhaps I was observing a reality that Johnson has lost the public’s trust.

OK, so you do not think that Boris is a serial liar , fair enough, I stand corrected 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so you do not think that Boris is a serial liar , fair enough, I stand corrected 

I think it’s a commonly held belief.

I personally wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him, but not simply on the veracity or otherwise of what comes out of his mouth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

It's another excellent slogan.

But perhaps you could explain in slightly more detail how Brexit will help us to do so?

That is all in the past , and we have had Covid and Ukraine since then .

With Brexit, Covid and Ukraine already happened , the U.K needs to find the best way to proceed and deal with the current issues instead of analysing the past decisions 

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We left, the relationship is over, we're divorced .

We don't want to get back together again . 

Accept that we are no longer together and move on with your life

You realise that is not an argument - we left, it was a dreadful idea now we have to fix it. That is getting on with life. It's called improvement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is all in the past , and we have had Covid and Ukraine since then .

With Brexit, Covid and Ukraine already happened , the U.K needs to find the best way to proceed and deal with the current issues instead of analysing the past decisions 

I don't accept that your inference that 'whats done is done'. Those promoting a 'Leave' vote stated that the UK would be better off outside the EU: It is their responsibility to make good on that promise and they need to be held accountable for it.

With that in mind, once again, how will the vote to leave the EU help the UK to go forward?

Truss has resigned as PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-63309400

Leadership contest will take place within the next week - Truss

Liz Truss goes on to say that she met with 1922 Committee chairman Sir Graham Brady today.

They agreed there will be a leadership election within the next week, adding that she will remain as prime minister until a successor is chosen.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1