Fake Gillette razor blades SCAM on most online stores Now! !@#$%

WaveHunter

After being back in Europe and bought new razor blades mach 5, Im sure what I get in Thailand is fake, or out of date. No doubt, they last 50% less those I buy in Thailand. 

Edited by Hummin

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

nice shill ????

I might give it a go, 1K won't break the bank.

LOL...I am not usually this enthusiastic about a product to come off sounding like a paid advertisement, but I was genuinely impressed when I got the razor because I really had my doubts and misgivings when I ordered it.  It's rare to receive something via mail order and have it actually exceed your expectations.

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

After being back in Europe and bought new razor blades mach 5, Im sure what I get in Thailand is fake, or out of date. No doubt, they last 50% less those I buy in Thailand. 

That was my experience when I used my last US-bought Mach3 blade and then replaced it with the Lazada one.  I was getting around twenty comfortable shaves with the US version.  I actually counted the number of shaves because I was curious to know how many shaves I got with a special shaving cream I use called Cremo, and it was consistently 18-24 shaves.  I made hatch marks on the shower tile wall with a Sharpie ????

When I had used my last US blade and then put in the the brand new Lazada replacement it was so dull by comparison that I could not even finish my shave!  I thought maybe the blade was just a reject, and ended up opening up a fresh package of blades and...same thing!  I went through all five cellophane packs and they were ALL equally bad!

Even though all the packaging made it look like a genuine Gillette product it clearly was not, and then I read an interesting article about how to tell the difference between real and fake Gillette blades, and without question they were counterfeit!

HOW TO SPOT FAKE GILLETTE BLADES:

The internet is littered with articles describing how to spot fake Gillette blades.  That's testament to the size of the problem!  Just Google your specific blade and you'll find detailed tells.

Here's just a few:

331572315_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_01_11PM.jpg.a3e50d27ac005e8ea8952a189912eebe.jpg1266030827_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_02_08PM.jpg.430f97cffab4bfa025733bbdfd1556d5.jpg1221816907_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_04_58PM.jpg.83dea7ca9467beff792d9ec0c474ef92.jpg1222568882_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_05_46PM.jpg.7ec550967f3b0608318778303ddb2e4b.jpg2117164824_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_06_25PM.jpg.59d9bf5739902388ccb84b66a38cc800.jpg22179559_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_07_03PM.jpg.c7b45942402cb89d69248e638b57791a.jpg869484473_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_07_39PM.jpg.391df313f1939c895a786325d8bd4cdd.jpg310321362_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_08_00PM.jpg.13a878338dc16831dfc1d3b2436c9f78.jpg827607944_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_08_54PM.jpg.21c678ed8a2b38910ca88b87e5990167.jpg1136986633_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_09_20PM.jpg.429f96bc790fc6f61717d0faa063d894.jpg1857377933_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_09_44PM.jpg.6a06fd9e9a7b65c13d1ffadc667f3eca.jpg307988763_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_10_11PM.jpg.b0c5b551dbb96442460a632ab4f09871.jpg2105845984_ScreenShot2022-10-26at12_10_48PM.jpg.325ce65e4125f3e889d1f00a716add6a.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Just so you know, I was very nervous to get this safety razor, worrying about cuts and nicks, but the truth is, although I got a few nicks on the first shaves since I stupidly forgot to set the adjustable setting properly, the rest of the shaves have been great. 

I really love how this razor feels in my hand.  I sort of feel like a surgeon using it LOL!  Seriously, it has a different, more precise feeling in your hand than the Gillette cartridge razor.

I know I'm probably sounding like a "shill" with all my praises, but this Japanese razor is outstanding, and for only  1,000 THB, I'd suggest you buy one and try it out!  SInce those Fusion blades are even more expensive than the Mach-3 I used, you'd recoup your costs so fast by not having to shell out for those Fusion blades anymore!

Do you have a link to this Japanese razor.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, WaveHunter said:

Hahaha!  That's the same conclusion I just came to after doing a bit of online research.  My dad also used a safety razor but I remember that little styptic pencil he had to use afterwards for the cuts LOL

My online research convinced me that safety razor design, and blade design has come a long way since then.  Read what I just recently posted about Feather and Merkur.  I just placed my order and am done forever with cartridge razors (I hope) ????

Just a note of caution: there are fake safety razor blades around. Also, Feather blades are about the sharpest you can buy, which is fine, but they also lose their edge considerably faster than some other brands. I'm not sure that safety razor designs have changed much either. You can get a very easy shave with something like a Gillette Tech from the 1950s -  it's the blade exposure and angle of the design that determines how easy or difficult it is to use a safety razor without cutting yourself.

Vintage Gillette Techs, Slims, Superspeeds and Fatboys are all fairly easy to use as long as you remember they don't pivot by themselves. I know some people don't like the idea of using a secondhand razor but there's no reason not to. It's not like you're using a secondhand blade and they were built to last back in the day - nickel-plated brass as opposed to the zamak or 'pot metal' they use to make cheap safety razors today.

If you want to rule out the cost of new blades completely, pick yourself up one of these:

image.png.4646f4492d1dc8a4b7c521aca073e2f1.png

Edited by Mark1066
added photo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

If you want to rule out the cost of new blades completely, pick yourself up one of these:

Ever tried shaving your complete head 4 times a week with one of those.

or an old style safety razor.

No thank you. been there done that.

Just now, Orinoco said:

Ever tried shaving your complete head 4 times a week with one of those.

or an old style safety razor.

No thank you. been there done that.

I don't shave my head so no. The majority of people don't shave their heads as far as I'm aware but I have seen posts on shaving forums from quite a few who do it with a safety razor. Like I said in my post, the milder safety razors from the 50s/60s/70s are very easy to use really. I wouldn't fancy doing it with a straight razor though.

9 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I don't shave my head so no. The majority of people don't shave their heads as far as I'm aware but I have seen posts on shaving forums from quite a few who do it with a safety razor. Like I said in my post, the milder safety razors from the 50s/60s/70s are very easy to use really. I wouldn't fancy doing it with a straight razor though.

So you don't have first hand experience. :coffee1:

I do and its a no no,  for me.

A twin blade Mr DIY. 5 for 25 Baht, Shave soap from china , brush from china.

all very cheap and works well.

I leave all  the unnecessary expensive stuff and out dates stuff to the experts. / fools. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by Orinoco

5 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

So you don't have first hand experience. :coffee1:

I do and its a no no,  for me.

A twin blade Mr DIY. 5 for 25 Baht, Shave soap from china , brush from china.

all very cheap and works well.

I leave all  the unnecessary expensive stuff and out dates stuff to the experts. / fools. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

I never said I had direct experience of shaving my head and that's not the topic being discussed so why would I need to in order to comment? It was you that changed the topic to head shaving, not me. And a '50s Gillette Tech can be had for $5-$10 if you shop around: hardly expensive, especially considering it will easily last another 50 years or so.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I never said I had direct experience of shaving my head and that's not the topic being discussed so why would I need to in order to comment? It was you that changed the topic to head shaving, not me. And a '50s Gillette Tech can be had for $5-$10 if you shop around: hardly expensive, especially considering it will easily last another 50 years or so.

Get over yourself. :crazy:

On 10/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, ricklev said:

If you like to romanticize safety razors and all the processes surrounding them go ahead.  I understand there is comfort in a masculine ritual.  It is of course delusional but what the hell.

Have you tried a safety razor to arrive at that opinion or is it merely hot air? I suspect most of those opposed the idea haven't actually tried it and don't know anything.

Wetshaving is mainly about cost savings. Other benefits may accrue as well, as most have found.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, userabcd said:

Bought a tub of shaving cream from body shop, a little costly but it has excellent reviews and can highly recommend it.

World class. I bought about 6 tubs of it in the USA when it came on sale as the old "ripe banana" formulation was being discontinued. Best you can buy now in Thailand, AFAIK.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Do you still have the getup. :giggle:

ted.JPG

There's no doubt that it's unnecessary to learn how to shave with a straight razor in the 21st century but apart from being basically free once you're set up, yes there is pleasure in the masculine ritual (it's unfortunate if some guys feel threatened by the activity but that's their problem). However, I wouldn't call it delusional as another poster did earlier, or certainly no more delusional than many other masculine activities such as watching a group of overweight men running around a field fighting over an inflated pigskin.

22 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

yes there is pleasure in the masculine ritual (it's unfortunate if some guys feel threatened by the activity but that's their problem). 

Why would anyone feel threatened by having a shave.

Are you stupid. :crazy:

If its a"gooddeal" it's probably fake.

e,g, China make both fake logitec mouses - there isa cheap version (bout 400 baht from a local come store), or a real one for double the price at a shop in central. They are close in appearance but there are tell tale signs one is fake - they 2 week battery life being one of them! 

Just buy razors at Tops or similar. Pay and get the real thing.

22 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Just a note of caution: there are fake safety razor blades around. Also, Feather blades are about the sharpest you can buy, which is fine, but they also lose their edge considerably faster than some other brands. I'm not sure that safety razor designs have changed much either. You can get a very easy shave with something like a Gillette Tech from the 1950s -  it's the blade exposure and angle of the design that determines how easy or difficult it is to use a safety razor without cutting yourself.

Vintage Gillette Techs, Slims, Superspeeds and Fatboys are all fairly easy to use as long as you remember they don't pivot by themselves. I know some people don't like the idea of using a secondhand razor but there's no reason not to. It's not like you're using a secondhand blade and they were built to last back in the day - nickel-plated brass as opposed to the zamak or 'pot metal' they use to make cheap safety razors today.

LOL, those things scare me just by the look of them...hahaha!  Just kidding.  Seriously though, I'm happy with the Feather blades and I sort of like the idea of changing the baldes every 5 shaves or so.  I mean, at 8 THB per blade, it's pretty cheap, and I just like how it shaves.  Maybe I'll try other brands but for now I am certainly a lot more happy with it compared with the counterfeit Gillettes, and while I'm sure there may be counterfeits of everything online these days, the chances of a 40baht kac of Feathers being fake seems very small.

• Like 1

Shave with those cartridge razor, shave with a safety razor.

Not much difference really, only the tool used is a bit different.

Safety razors come in different styles of aggressiveness so newbies should probably start off using a mild safety razor such as Merkur 34C or Feather AS D2, Merkur Futur (there is even a copy one available on Lazada for about 3-400 baht which has good reviews) and the Feather popular 800-1B

The safety razor gives a closer shave though.

Edited by userabcd

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

If its a"gooddeal" it's probably fake.

e,g, China make both fake logitec mouses - there isa cheap version (bout 400 baht from a local come store), or a real one for double the price at a shop in central. They are close in appearance but there are tell tale signs one is fake - they 2 week battery life being one of them! 

Just buy razors at Tops or similar. Pay and get the real thing.

Funny you should mention fake Logitech mouses.  I think I had one!  I've used Logitech for years (bought in the USA) and never had issues.  Last year I upgraded to an MX-Master (bought on Lazada), and it was fine for a few months and then started acting weird, and then quickly became unusable! 

I got a big runaround from Logitech in regards to warranty coverage.  They never admitted it was fake but they never did honor the warranty and it ended up in the wastebasket ????. In retrospect I'm sure it was fake, and I lost all respect for Logitech for not helping me with a replacement, and will never buy Logitech again.

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Shave with those cartridge razor, shave with a safety razor.

Not much difference really, only the tool used is a bit different.

Safety razors come in different styles of aggressiveness so newbies should probably start off using a mild safety razor such as Merkur 34C etc...

The safety razor gives a closer shave though.

After using a safety razor for the last week, I think there is a big difference!  The shave is definitely closer, and after only a short learning curve, it feels much more comfortable and MUCH more precise in my hand.  Cost of replacement blades on a per shave basis is also a much better deal.  And the lower likelihood of getting counterfeit replacement blades is the icing on the cake.  Just my opinion of course, but I will never switch back to cartridges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

Do you still have the getup. :giggle:

ted.JPG

Did you buy that suit from the same thrift shop that Joe Pesci got his suit in "My Cousin Vinny"?

558226341_ScreenShot2022-10-27at3_23_01PM.jpg.d04a9902c2bcbc8df9788e8e842a1143.jpg

Cousin Vinny: addressing the Judge "I bought a new suit—you seen it—now it’s covered in mud. This town doesn’t have a one hour cleaner so I had to buy a new suit, except the only store you could buy a new suit in has got the flu. You get that? The whole store got the flu. So I had to get this in a second hand store. So it’s either wear the leather jacket, which I know you hate, or this… so, I wore this ridiculous thing just for you."

• Haha 1