is there condo in pattaya that has such good insulation that you cant hear neighbours?

parafareno

You can, but it have to be done properly, and with the right materials and by someone who know what they are doing. And basically only the bedroom is needed to make a complete soundproof room. Doors, windows, roof walls and the floor. 

Yes...there are some well built condos.  We've rented in a few over the years.  Unixx, Base - v. noisy.  VT6 - a bit noisy.  Pattaya Beach Condo (old condo on Soi 13) pretty quiet.  Axis Condo on Thepraya Rd.  - very thick walls - no noise from neighbours but noise from road on front side. Park side (back side) is quiet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

top floor, on the end, is your best bet.

not totally sound free, but minimal

Just make sure that no water runs down the ceiling (leaking roof) and also make sure that the ceiling is insulated against heat.  Also be aware that you will hear noise from a greater distance. And if there is a fire... ????????????????‍????????☠️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just in general: It is possible to isolate against high frequency noise like screaming children.

It is almost impossible to isolate against low frequency noise like base in a movie soundtrack or people jumping on the floor above you.

I have a condo where i very very rarely ever hear the neaighbours..6+ years ..not possible to hear any noise from above or below...im on a corner unit...the walls are not very thick, but i very very rarely hear any sound from neighbours....

If i shut windows and glass doors, i hear nothing from outside...im level 24...

This is why I buy the units above and below me, as well as on either side.   Install 5 meter thick steel walls, like a safe room and then place 1,897 noise cancelling units everywhere.   oh, it works.

I also want a device when I go out to the bars I don't see people, or hear anyone.   in the works...

yea, my space ship isn't ready yet................... soon.   space has it's own problems!!!!  

• Haha 2

Hello

I think that older condos (some at least) are of much better quality.. Also you can easily see which neighbors you have..

We are in an old well maintained condo outside Jomtien, away from a major road or soi and it is really quiet and peaceful..few units occupied as majority of co owners live in Bgk, don t rent and hardly show up ..

So I think it's possible to find quiet condos if you really check not only visiting one time but checking at different time and days.

Have a good weekend 

I think no noise condo's is wishful thinking anywhere in the World, not just in Pattaya. 

I have an apartment in Aus, last renter upstairs never made a sound, latest renter seems to have a hobby that involves hammering many hours of the day at random

I live in Urban Condo (12 years old) and can say I've never heard any noise from any condo around me. Not sure of this is due to owners being absent or good walls

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

My wife's house up in Isaan is at least 1km from the nearest neighbour and yet its noisier there than our condo in Pattaya.  Roosters crowing, music from distant houses, dogs barking and there always seems to be a noisy internal combustion engine running somewhere.  That's not to mention air pollution - Thai's seem to love burning stuff, especially in the evening. My wife particularly loves throwing some plastic on a smouldering fire to create really toxic fumes...

No frogs ?

Only place I ever seen that, even in the United States, was an old warehouse building that was converted into apartments/condos.  

Ceilings and floors were cement and thick and walls brick.  Once you closed your door, you could hear nothing, and people right outside your door could not hear you even if you were throwing a full blown concert.

Wondering why anyone needs a sound proof condo which is unrealistic unless you want to spends hundreds of thousands of baht on sound proofing

This reminds me people bought at back of condo block overlooking open beer bars that would blast loud music at night...they then all wanted free double glazing windows to stop the noise, even though they decided to buy those condo facing the music....condo committee thankfully said no so we didn't have to pay for their mistake (like people buying near an airport and asking for compensation for plane noise) 

Here is a better idea: Buy a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones. Either Bose QC II/III or Sony XM4/5 will do the trick. I have both. The Bose are in my village bungalow, the Sony's are here at my house in the city. Both work well, but the Bose are better. Mind you they are expensive, but they absolutely get rid of loud noise without the hassle of trying to find good neighbors. They're also portable so use them in shopping malls, extremely loud concerts, festivals, weddings, funerals, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, mosan said:

Here is a better idea: Buy a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones. Either Bose QC II/III or Sony XM4/5 will do the trick. I have both. The Bose are in my village bungalow, the Sony's are here at my house in the city. Both work well, but the Bose are better. Mind you they are expensive, but they absolutely get rid of loud noise without the hassle of trying to find good neighbors. They're also portable so use them in shopping malls, extremely loud concerts, festivals, weddings, funerals, etc. 

I have Sony, none are noise cancelling, slight noise reduction is more like it. Totally useless at concerts and you would look a dick head anyway. Been to over 1.000 concerts here, always use Boots wax ear plugs, filters out the Mrs natter as well.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Unixx, Base - v. noisy.  VT6 - a bit noisy.  Pattaya Beach Condo (old condo on Soi 13) pretty quiet.  Axis Condo on Thepraya Rd.  - very thick walls - no noise from neighbours but noise from road on front side. Park side (back side) is quiet.

I feel sorry for whoever lives next door to me. They must be woken up daily by the constant moaning of the girl in my room at the very early hours of the morning  ????????

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I feel sorry for whoever lives next door to me. They must be woken up daily by the constant moaning of the girl in my room at the very early hours of the morning  ????????

You beating her every morning?

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, Hummin said:

You can, but it have to be done properly, and with the right materials and by someone who know what they are doing. And basically only the bedroom is needed to make a complete soundproof room. Doors, windows, roof walls and the floor. 

Sounds like a pain. 

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Sounds like a pain. 

Well it is waste of money trying if its not done propely, but if done after the book, its like heaven, and also a great place for surround sound. 

It can be as bad as one misplaced needle, and you deleted it up. 

Back in the 90’ies I worked with a guy who soundproofed rooms and studios between my travelling, and I know how good it can be, and absolutely worth every penny if you are bothered with neighbours.