is there condo in pattaya that has such good insulation that you cant hear neighbours?

parafareno

Just now, Hummin said:

Well it is waste of money trying if its not done propely, but if done after the book, its like heaven, and also a great place for surround sound. 

It can be as bad as one misplaced needle, and you deleted it up. 

Back in the 90’ies I worked with a guy who soundproofed rooms and studios between my travelling, and I know how good it can be, and absolutely worth every penny if you are bothered with neighbours. 

Probably better to live away from everyone in a house.

Thai cities can get pretty noisy along with nieghbors.

Condo living is definitely not for the hyper sensitive when it comes to noise. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

You find noise everywhere in Thailand. Nothing is more noisy than the outback in tThailand, except Buddha days, funerals, wedding and young monk parties. We live on the border to a national park, and rice fields in front, and the frogs and bugs keeps their own cycles of noise, but I can live with that. I struggle with close neighbors, especially above noise. 

Double gypsum boards can help from noise, and it is an easy and cheap solution.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

well the hosue costs much more.....my budget 2 million tops...so i cant get a hosue for this

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, parafareno said:

well the hosue costs much more.....my budget 2 million tops...so i cant get a hosue for this

Actually a condo sounds great.

Good luck.

Hopefully you get pleasant and respectable nieghbors as well.

I'm sure you will. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Noise is just a way of life here......

Even in a house, you will need more than the usual 60TW to be far enough away, neighbours don't always see it your way. I have somewhat more space and still get disturbed by their dogs, a modified motorbike, and frequent axxholes who use a horn not a doorbell......

Visit the rural village and it is getting better... but not in the village itself, vehicle noise is extreme ... some of these creations they have would burst eardrums. Out in the rice fields... you might get lucky... but a merit party or wedding can be heard for miles, so get yourself invited. I could not imagine a condo if one got door slammers nearby, you got 2 shared walls, a ceiling and a floor and a long corridor......

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, parafareno said:
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Plenty of houses around for under 2Mbht.

where to find them?

Perhaps if you spent some time looking for quality rather than cheap you might find something quiet as well as better built. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, parafareno said:

Appartments sold for 2 million will be at rental prices down to 25k a year without maintenence fee.

Rent is better in my opinion if you do not have capital to buy something that will be a good long term investment and not something you most likely will be stuck with and almost impossible to sell.

• Thanks 1

Avoid new construction projects like the plague.  It's all about maximizing space at the cost of sound insulation. 

Avoid big complexes.   Go for boutique low-rises with good juristic.  You want management that are strict on rules and tenants./occupants.  

Stay clear of any condo facing swimming pools (kids screaming).  Busy main roads and alleyways with lots of traffic.  

Avoid being next to lifts. Preferable to be on the end of a block.  

Double brick style construction are ideal.  Or ditch condo living and rent a house. No guarantee of course.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Avoid new construction projects like the plague.  It's all about maximizing space at the cost of sound insulation. 

Avoid big complexes.   Go for boutique low-rises with good juristic.  You want management that are strict on rules and tenants./occupants.  

Stay clear of any condo facing swimming pools (kids screaming).  Busy main roads and alleyways with lots of traffic.  

Avoid being next to lifts. Preferable to be on the end of a block.  

Double brick style construction are ideal.  Or ditch condo living and rent a house. No guarantee of course.  

Have to disagree about pools, where noise is only a daytime problem, and usually quiet in evening and night. At least my experience. Corner apartments have been a good choice for me to, As well higher up as possible, which means more expensive and less neighbours. 

You've been advised previously to look for an older building with good management.

And to rent in the building before you buy.

I believe you have some chance of finding one within your budget, and it will be sufficiently quiet. Our Little Miss Muffets always fantasize that every condo is surrounded by noisy Thais, Chinese, Russians, and drunk mongers coming in all hours of the night. Soi dogs roam the urine-soaked hallways; motorbikes race down them nightly. Etc.

But most owners also want a quiet building and don't raise families in their condos, Pattaya a resort area. Good management will enforce noise rules.

If not, rent, don't buy, in a more expensive building.

Your condo can be soundproofed. I've seen owners do that. Street and hallway noise can be practically eliminated with good UVPC double glazed windows and a security door:

http://scorpionsecuritydoors.com/

Incredibly good noise insulation and bombproof against jealous Thai men, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOG54 said:

Hello,

Maybe if OP has a 2 million budget, he doesn't want to invest in a Thai company to owe a house...

Have a good afternoon 

how much is that? Including amintenance fee in a village? FOr a small house? 40000 per year?

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

You've been advised previously to look for an older building with good management.

And to rent in the building before you buy.

I believe you have some chance of finding one within your budget, and it will be sufficiently quiet. Our Little Miss Muffets always fantasize that every condo is surrounded by noisy Thais, Chinese, Russians, and drunk mongers coming in all hours of the night. Soi dogs roam the urine-soaked hallways; motorbikes race down them nightly. Etc.

But most owners also want a quiet building and don't raise families in their condos, Pattaya a resort area. Good management will enforce noise rules.

If not, rent, don't buy, in a more expensive building.

Your condo can be soundproofed. I've seen owners do that. Street and hallway noise can be practically eliminated with good UVPC double glazed windows and a security door:

Agree.  I don't think noise is much of an issue for most.  My partner and I have lived at 15 different condo complexes in Thailand.  One in Rayong, 2 in Bangkok, and the rest in Pattaya.   Some were big projects of over 1000 units, some were smaller projects of 200 units or less.  Most were highrises, one was only 6 stories.  Some were long corridor buildings with 30 or more units on a floor, some were compact footprint projects with less than a dozen units on a floor.  Some were older projects, some were brand new.

We never had a significant problem with noise at any of them.  At the long corridor View Talay projects we owned at we did occasionally hear a door slam and sometimes people talking as they walked by.   Not a big deal.  Had it been, we would have installed one of those Scorpion doors that you mentioned.  A friend of ours has Scorpion doors on his condos and they are like vaults.  Great product.  

One of the nice things about Pattaya is there are so many options with housing; and a lot of it is so affordable, whether you are renting or buying.  There's a big variety of condos in all types and sizes, with a half dozen beaches to choose from for your location.  We've lived in big studios at Jomtien Beach, 1 and 2-bedrooms at Pattaya Beach, and a 3-bedroom beachfront condo at Wong Amat Beach, among a number of others.  Each project and area was interesting and different.

You can choose to be in busy Pattaya Beach or a quieter area if that suits you better.  Whether highrise, lowrise, townhouse, or single-family, every area offers a variety of price points.   The Darkside is a whole other area and offers many different housing projects, also at all price points, both in rentals and housing for sale.  If you want the privacy of a single-family home, there's lots of choice, both in rentals and houses for sale.  If potential noise is a concern, go the rental route first.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

Double glazed windows will help especially against deep frequencies like base? You are kidding. To make windows soundproof requires different glass thickness at a minimum distance of 13 mm. I myself have special double windows (two windows in a row) with about 2.5 cm glass in total and it is still not enough to block the bar noise completely. I still need very good earplugs in addition. And I can't use earplugs all the time... In addition there are balkony doors that are an even bigger challenge to block the bar noise. I had days were I could not watch TV even with earphones. 

And some people say look for a quiet area. I did and pretty soon I was surrounded by noisy bars. And this area was quiet for decades. My recommendation for Pattaya is to rent. Or even better avoid Pattaya completely. My big condo is unusable and financially a total loss. If anyone wants to buy a very noisy condo please let me know it ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Double glazed windows will help especially against deep frequencies like base? You are kidding.

Yes. No kidding.

To make windows soundproof requires different glass thickness at a minimum distance of 13 mm.

So, get those if you need them.

Or even better avoid Pattaya completely.

pattayafire.jpg.2808f36d0990d8b4725afb1f6489d1b0.jpg

"A man who's tired of Pattaya is tired of life."

My big condo is unusable and financially a total loss.

Fix it. So you had some bad luck, sh*t happens. Just out of curiosity, what do the other owners do?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, Dart12 said:

was an old warehouse building

Didn't Dolly Parton write a song about that place?

Ooops, where's the nearest Specsavers? 555

Edited by KannikaP

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Double glazed windows will help especially against deep frequencies like base? You are kidding. To make windows soundproof requires different glass thickness at a minimum distance of 13 mm. I myself have special double windows (two windows in a row) with about 2.5 cm glass in total and it is still not enough to block the bar noise completely. I still need very good earplugs in addition. And I can't use earplugs all the time... In addition there are balkony doors that are an even bigger challenge to block the bar noise. I had days were I could not watch TV even with earphones. 

And some people say look for a quiet area. I did and pretty soon I was surrounded by noisy bars. And this area was quiet for decades. My recommendation for Pattaya is to rent. Or even better avoid Pattaya completely. My big condo is unusable and financially a total loss. If anyone wants to buy a very noisy condo please let me know it ????

I'm curious where this condo is that it's a 'total loss'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

"A man who's tired of Pattaya is tired of life."

I have never met so many who actually was tired of life in Pattaya, but like kids on sugars, just there for the short fix to feel better for a little moment. 

Pattaya is in many ways deleted up. But it can be nice to, just depending on who you are and what you are. 

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have never met so many who actually was tired of life in Pattaya, but like kids on sugars, just there for the short fix to feel better for a little moment. 

Tourists universally come to tourist towns/resorts to enjoy short-term fixes. Pattaya has its offerings, short and long. ???? 

But Pattaya has great variety, often unexplored. The long-term residents I know are still happy to be here and to return here after they've been away.

Now on the forum, we do of course have some leaving, to self-generated fanfare, owing to infection by the hellish brain-eating Whither Thailand? Whither Pattaya? space monkeys. Clinically, if you ever wish to consult a medical professional, it's called primary space monkey meningoencephalitis (PSMM). These poor victims can no longer adapt to our beloved Land of Smiles.

But most long-term expats seem to leave for some pragmatic reason, often financial, such as to take advantage of free healthcare or free schooling for the kids back home.

• Like 1