is there condo in pattaya that has such good insulation that you cant hear neighbours?

parafareno

I've never met anyone who went to Pattaya NOT for the bad, Satanic appeal that sucks the soul straight out of your heart and sends you to the clinic begging for more medicine as the pain burns....burns!!!!     long sentence, anyhow...

If your neighbors are quiet, they are dead.  This is Pattaya, land of the moan!!!!   i'll never forget some falang clown clown told me a lady "tricked" him and it was really a ladyboy but they spent time together.  Only in Pattaya................who am I kidding, probably every city.  

I am in Pattaya now and i can hear 78 falangs scream in ecstasy......"Wait, thief, my gold chain!!!"  I'm sure "gold chain" means something else.....another happy falang neighbor.....  

On 10/21/2022 at 7:23 AM, Mickeymaus said:

Just make sure that no water runs down the ceiling (leaking roof) and also make sure that the ceiling is insulated against heat.  Also be aware that you will hear noise from a greater distance. And if there is a fire... ????????????????‍????????☠️

Rule #1. Stay ground level.

Rule #2. Do not live in a flood plain.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Rule #1. Stay ground level.

Rule #2. Do not live in a flood plain.

Rule #3. Don't complain about many mosquitoes and other bugs and even snakes if you stay at ground level. 

Rule #4. Don't complain if burglars visit your rooms. 

Rule #5. Anybody? 

????????????

15 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Rule #3. Don't complain about many mosquitoes and other bugs and even snakes if you stay at ground level. 

Rule #4. Don't complain if burglars visit your rooms. 

Rule #5. Anybody? 

????????????

So, I'm guessing you have had these problems?

35 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

This is Pattaya, land of the moan!!!! 

More accurately, the Pattaya forum, home of moans and whinges. More than four years ago, the brilliant JSixpack collected almost all of them in the great Hit and Run Pattaya "whinge" Thread:

So this thread has inevitably degenerated into whinges and doom predictions that don't represent the larger expat community or even the tourists. Should be closed.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Tourists universally come to tourist towns/resorts to enjoy short-term fixes. Pattaya has its offerings, short and long. ???? 

But Pattaya has great variety, often unexplored. The long-term residents I know are still happy to be here and to return here after they've been away.

Now on the forum, we do of course have some leaving, to self-generated fanfare, owing to infection by the hellish brain-eating Whither Thailand? Whither Pattaya? space monkeys. Clinically, if you ever wish to consult a medical professional, it's called primary space monkey meningoencephalitis (PSMM). These poor victims can no longer adapt to our beloved Land of Smiles.

But most long-term expats seem to leave for some pragmatic reason, often financial, such as to take advantage of free healthcare or free schooling for the kids back home.

I actually enjoyed Pattaya more under Covid than any time before I have been there, but to be earnest, that was same for most of Thailand, except Hua Hin, which is ok under normal circumstances became horrible. If it was not for my friends there I would not visit at all during that time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

So, I'm guessing you have had these problems?

Exactly. I stayed at my location for a while in a rented room. This on a higher floor but because they renovated this room I moved to a room on the ground floor for a while. Endless mosquitoes and bugs. Other people at the ground floor had in addition burglars and snakes.

There is no other option if you are old or for whatever reason you can't use stairs. Then it is an advantage to have a condo on the ground floor. 

5 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Exactly. I stayed at my location for a while in a rented room. This on a higher floor but because they renovated this room I moved to a room on the ground floor for a while. Endless mosquitoes and bugs. Other people at the ground floor had in addition burglars and snakes.

There is no other option if you are old or for whatever reason you can't use stairs. Then it is an advantage to have a condo on the ground floor. 

Fair enough. I hear what you are saying.

A good way is to rent for a week or a month during high season to know how it's going to be living in that place before buying or long term rental. I always book a few days only just to be sure it is what I think it is, and then make a decision after stying there for awhile. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, proton said:

I have Sony, none are noise cancelling, slight noise reduction is more like it. Totally useless at concerts and you would look a dick head anyway. Been to over 1.000 concerts here, always use Boots wax ear plugs, filters out the Mrs natter as well.

The headphones are not designed to wear to a concert. It's for when you're at home some distance or far away from the noise! The idea is to cut down on the noise enough to make it almost unnoticeable.  Especially if you're listening to TV, a podcast, or some music that you like.  Sheesh - wearing noise cancelling (dampening) headphone at a concert tells us a lot...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, mosan said:

The headphones are not designed to wear to a concert. It's for when you're at home some distance or far away from the noise! The idea is to cut down on the noise enough to make it almost unnoticeable.  Especially if you're listening to TV, a podcast, or some music that you like.  Sheesh - wearing noise cancelling (dampening) headphone at a concert tells us a lot...

Got 7k baht Sony's on now, hardly any better than wax ear plugs for cutting out noise. I was replying to a previous post, you must have missed this:

.Here is a better idea: Buy a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones. Either Bose QC II/III or Sony XM4/5 will do the trick. I have both. The Bose are in my village bungalow, the Sony's are here at my house in the city. Both work well, but the Bose are better. Mind you they are expensive, but they absolutely get rid of loud noise without the hassle of trying to find good neighbors. They're also portable so use them in shopping malls, extremely loud concerts, festivals, weddings, funerals,' etc. 

16 minutes ago, proton said:

Got 7k baht Sony's on now, hardly any better than wax ear plugs for cutting out noise. I was replying to a previous post, you must have missed this:

.Here is a better idea: Buy a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones. Either Bose QC II/III or Sony XM4/5 will do the trick. I have both. The Bose are in my village bungalow, the Sony's are here at my house in the city. Both work well, but the Bose are better. Mind you they are expensive, but they absolutely get rid of loud noise without the hassle of trying to find good neighbors. They're also portable so use them in shopping malls, extremely loud concerts, festivals, weddings, funerals,' etc. 

Which Sonys? I have earbuds xm3 which I'm also riding motorbike with, and a few year old WH-910N both very pleasant to use. Are you sure they are not copy ones, and also use the right noise cancelling settings?

White noise really helps for low-key noise, i have used it a lot, once you get used to it, you can fall asleep with it on very easy

https://www.youtube.com/  

I taught my noisy neighbour who played music loud in the morning by putting my very base TV on at night, he complained, I said I don't hear your music you will not hear my TV.

It worked

43 minutes ago, Seppius said:

White noise really helps for low-key noise, i have used it a lot, once you get used to it, you can fall asleep with it on very easy

https://www.youtube.com/  

I taught my noisy neighbour who played music loud in the morning by putting my very base TV on at night, he complained, I said I don't hear your music you will not hear my TV.

It worked

It is well worth the money to rent a place they have well working administration who adress these things effectively. I have one place in Hua Hin that was quite well run before COVID. They didn't adress smoking on the balcony thow, but never a big problem as long they didn't sit on balcony and smoke after bed time. 

Edited by Hummin

The problem may be living squished in with a bunch of other people, not just noise.

If that's the case you may get increasingly irritated living in Thailand as people tend to not really leave you alone in most cases.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Would you recommend taping the first layer of gypsum   with joint compound during installation?

Not necessary for sound improving if you make sure to overlap the first layer, but again some will do and some not. I believe it would be minor differences if first layer is properly fitted. For fire wall you need to tape both. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Not necessary for sound improving if you make sure to overlap the first layer, but again some will do and some not. I believe it would be minor differences if first layer is properly fitted. For fire wall you need to tape both. 

I agree with not taping if the sheetrock is staggered.

OK now I'll ask if when you  called it a cheap option for sound proofing did you consider the gypsum costs at double as well as the cost to install the gypsum.    The there's the cost to handle said gypsum such as delivery as well as disposal.

I don't doubt the installation may be effective at mitigating noise but for the life of me  I'd hardly call it cheap.    The members of this board aren't among the most well off when it comes to finances.

55 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I agree with not taping if the sheetrock is staggered.

OK now I'll ask if when you  called it a cheap option for sound proofing did you consider the gypsum costs at double as well as the cost to install the gypsum.    The there's the cost to handle said gypsum such as delivery as well as disposal.

I don't doubt the installation may be effective at mitigating noise but for the life of me  I'd hardly call it cheap.    The members of this board aren't among the most well off when it comes to finances.

The cheapest option is the English option. Carpet on floor, heavy curtains and several wall curtains. Even heard about egg boxes taped to the wall. 

Well double gypsum is the cheapest best option out there, but there is other solutions to make you appartment less acoustic by install sound dampers around at different strategically spots.

• Like 1