Is the border to Vientiane open now?

Hi,

I'm GoGet, a very nice and polite guy.

1. Is the land border to Vientiane open now?

2. Is proof of vaccination or covid test within 3 days of entrance necessary to go to Vientiane by land crossing?

3. Is it possible to get a Thai visa in Vientiane and go back to Thailand again?

GoGet

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Yes.

No.

Yes

The border has been open many months. Recently, the requirement for proof of vaccination and/or Covid test has been dropped. You can get several classes of Visa from the Thai consular section in Vientiane., but need an appointment (see https://www.thaivisavientiane.com/)

My friend had to show vaccine certificate last week to enter Laos

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Yes.

No.

Yes

The border has been open many months. Recently, the requirement for proof of vaccination and/or Covid test has been dropped. You can get several classes of Visa from the Thai consular section in Vientiane., but need an appointment (see https://www.thaivisavientiane.com/)

I crossed to Vientiane via Friendship Bridge yesterday and they did ask me for proof of Vaccine or ATK (Antigen Test)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WTProduction said:

I crossed to Vientiane via Friendship Bridge yesterday and they did ask me for proof of Vaccine or ATK (Antigen Test)

Did you make the ATK test yourself or did a medical professional do it for you?

7 hours ago, WTProduction said:

Was the proof of vaccine enough - or was it required to be certified (as identified by UbonJoe in the image) - I am assuming that this means notarised?

9 hours ago, WTProduction said:

Wow, that's a change!

Zero in July.

Maybe panic coming back.

I would have had proof of vaccination, three shots until last year. On Morchana app and printed.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, GoGet said:

Did you make the ATK test yourself or did a medical professional do it for you?

No. It needs to be done in a clinic and get certified. Bangkok hospital will do it, if there is one near you. Only need to walk in with your passport and ask for ATK. It will cost you around 170THB. Done in about 30 minutes, if not too busy.

Edited by WTProduction
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, spambot said:

Was the proof of vaccine enough - or was it required to be certified (as identified by UbonJoe in the image) - I am assuming that this means notarised?

When you got vaccinated, they probably gave you a certificate and all that. Just show this at the border.

On 10/22/2022 at 1:15 AM, ubonjoe said:

You need a vaccination certificate or a negative covid test to enter Laos.

image.png.9f61a29a426ab719930e3a58819cfa61.png

No proof is needed for entry to Thailand.

You can get the Laso visa online if you want to. https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

About the proof of vaccine. Do you really need an actual paper certificate ?  In Britain, there is the NHS Covis Pass that is sent by email.  Do you think it will be okay to just take a photo of the 2D barcode using a mobile phone camera, and show the photo of the 2D barcode ?

Any comments from people who have entered any country with vaccine certificates will be welcome. Thanks.