Where can I go to find myself

georgegeorgia

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Women all over Thailand. I dont see how one sleazy area is going to fix there mental approach to life. OP asked for a quiet place. They could find a woman in Chiang Rai or Ubon or Nakhon Phanom, somewhere peaceful like that.

What ever man. :stoner:

Just going somewhere and being alone and quiet will not solve your issues.  If you just want to relax that’s different. You have to resolve your issues.  Work out a plan.  Depending what your issues are , they will still be there wherever you go.  And being alone in a strange place might make you feel worse.  
Many people for have moved to Thailand for example. Cost of of living might have improved.  But a lot of them have the same issues they always had.  And from the way it looks, just as miserable.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

1, Read some great works of literature.

2, Put yourself in a very challenging and uncomfortable situation.

3, Help others.

In my opinion, while travelling and experiencing things can make you feel good, it is really only temporary.  It's also generally a pleasant experience and I'm not sure if you will really learn anything about life or yourself.  When your time is up and you return home, you might find yourself exactly where you were at the start, but with a few stories to tell.

Yes, right. And your number 2...start Martial Art training, doesn't matter which one as they are all very good at Self Searching.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Very peaceful spots.

peaceful, but NOBODY is there.  perhaps you are alone.  being alone is not good.   having no friends is not good.  relationships are good.   I like your pictures and it's fine, but this is not the answer.   It's always better having a friend than no friends.    

seek others.   humans need to be social.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

peaceful, but NOBODY is there.  perhaps you are alone.  being alone is not good.   having no friends is not good.  relationships are good.   I like your pictures and it's fine, but this is not the answer.   It's always better having a friend than no friends.    

I wasnt there alone. There were other people around. I was with my gf. 

How do you know what the answer is? You're not a psychologist and don't know the guy.

I agree humans need humans but plenty of humans are not required. 80% of humans are barking mad.

Travelling around some more peaceful spots is very refreshing and he asked for quiet.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, proton said:

Only one I would consider, no nonsense forest temple with long foreigner monk tradition. No stray animals, amulet sellers, markets or daft statues of chickens etc.

https://www.watpahnanachat.org/

Only problem is that it is a temple- early morning chanting ( do visitors have to attend? ), boring food, not much stimulation.

I suggest a quiet beach like Than Sadet or Haad Khom. I could stay there for ever if possible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

So he does not count as being there, it's only other people that matter? ????

Not a great way to find yourself, is it? You need to find and love yourself before you can have successful relationships.

One way you could find yourself is stop taking advice. You basically become other people when you take advice, to the extent that it influences your decisions.

Some people are nothing more then a jumble of other people's advice and decisions, then they try to figure out why they are not happy with their lives.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

One way you could find yourself is stop taking advice. You basically become other people when you take advice, to the extent that it influences your decisions.

Some people are nothing more then a jumble of other people's advice and decisions.

I agree with you. Think about where you want to go book ticket.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When your wife says she wants to 'find herself' it usually means she wants to bang other guys.

Maybe the OP is looking for 'relationships'.

Perhaps but he doesn't mention that. I try not to add more to the OP than was written.

Anyway, being in a relationship prevents self development IMO. To grow one needs to be alone.

"I'm also thinking Scotland highlands ?

By myself in a cabin in the country mountains"

Yes, go to Scotland if want lots of rain and wind battering your windows, if you are very well off financially, you can also afford the extortionate energy bills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

You will never "find yourself" until you allow the Lord Jesus Christ to "find you". 

Revelation 3:20

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

The void in your heart can only be filled by a personal relationship with your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You must be willing to turn from your sin against your Creator God and place your God-given faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Then, begin to bury your head in the Word of God, for it is God's instruction book for how to live your life. The TRUTH will set you free and you will never again question who you are, your life's purpose and where you are going once you pass on. HE saved my life 35 years ago, and all of my questions about life have been answered and HE has never left me alone. HE can do the same for you!

II Timothy 1:12 

For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Those verses are irrelevant.

The OP will end up in Patts, coked up and trawling bars on Soi 6.  The only verse that will help him is Genesis 3:13 KJV.

Edited by Adumbration

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Shouldn't you be retired by now?

A while back this same guy was telling us what losers we all were here in Thailand because he had moved back to Australia and snagged some dead end job working night shift as a security guard.  Now he is all bent out of shape and asking us to help him.  Sad really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

live in a temple with monks

Why not just stay at a nice resort on the beach.  Go to Pattaya, you won't want to go back home and wonder why you ever got married in the first place.

Temples are overrated and have no air-conditioning. 

• Haha 1