Famous entertainment venue in Banglamung raided on Sunday morning, hundreds of tourists flee

webfact

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is Thailand, nobody cares about laws, not the police, not the PM.

I remember there was a time before the military government when the opening times were not extended but shortened. I think the idea was to get rid of this sex tourist image. Then the military government came and they extended the opening times of these entertainment venues pretty quick.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

What a fiasco. They seem to want to include local visitors from perhaps Bangkok in the 'tourists' group here...but I suspect most customers here were Thai....the video did not really look that bad. Not quite the mayhem one would expect. 

How did the fire safety features measure up? 

Fire safety measures?? That was a month ago....no issues now!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

What a wonderful way to start the high season. Every single Thai and foreigner there should post how they feel about being treated in Thailand during their holiday when out having a great time. Then the music stops and you have to pee!!! What are a bunch of idiot cops think they are doing to tourism!! Where else wound this happen when you're on a holiday? The parties in Riyadh don't even go down this way!  Pathetic!

They are doing nothing the tourist will go to another club 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The authorities then ordered an employee to turn off the music and a drug examination on all customers.

16 hours ago, alex8912 said:

In your world then the beaches and hotels will all have to shut down. What are you even getting at here?? Who said the PATRONS are selling drugs? Or even doing drugs?

Did you even read the OP @alex8912 it clearly says they would be doing a drug exam of ALL Customers......

16 hours ago, smedly said:

why would they stay, the police have become a real problem in Pattaya - shutting down bars for no good reason - demanding money to re-open - it is now a big issue and needs to be stopped - greedy ###.

A number of drugs were found.

You okay with places where drugs are found being left alone?

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

What a wonderful way to start the high season. Every single Thai and foreigner there should post how they feel about being treated in Thailand during their holiday when out having a great time. Then the music stops and you have to pee!!! What are a bunch of idiot cops think they are doing to tourism!! Where else wound this happen when you're on a holiday? The parties in Riyadh don't even go down this way! Pathetic!

so in whatever country you are from, drug taking in clubs, and exceeding the opening hours is acceptable and the cops do nothing right?  take a reality check mate.

if the cops dont crack down on this sort of <deleted>, then we would be living in a lawless society.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

This place has just changed name, it was previously called Bone. It is on Soi Pettrakul (correct spelling) behind Terminal 21 and was busted earlier in the year for still being open at 5am. It was also open last NYE even though at the time it was still forbidden for nightclubs to open.

There seems to be some long running dispute with the BIB resulting in these sporadic raids. It seems the issue is in regard to the size of the brown envelope.

Incidentally, there are a lot of Thai beer garden type places on that soi and I doubt they all close on time.

Thanks for the clarification, I had never heard of this place but yes Bone is well known. Its hardly a tourist venue and is frequented by Thai's, I suspect the "tourists" are Thais from Bangkok. The main tourist night clubs in Pattaya for farangs are Insomnia and Republic. Bone although popular is not a tourist venue.

Stop it for a moment, I need to get my popcorn and then carry on the soap opera of ever repeating bashing, raiding and hunting ........ too good to be true; what a hopeless farçe!

Keep up the good work, it is bloody useless, will kill your contributions in those little brown manila envelopes but had a more than satisfying entertainment value for the distinguished reader ???? 

1 hour ago, dpcjsr said:

This is another simple case of the police not getting their money filled envelope. The owner was negligent. 

Actually a separate report on this event claims the owner had already paid the authorities.

Edited by Bluespunk

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, and probably laws about bad police preparation , but nobody will get fired for letting 200 escape

"but nobody will get fired for letting 200 escape"?? sounds like they were holed up in Cold????itz?

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

This is the part that's more interesting, the foreigners who were there apparently decided not to stay and simply left:

"failed to control the over 200 revellers who all pushed their way through the cordon and escaped,  TV Channel 7 said today" 

To escape by forcing their way through the police cordon, en masse, does not mean that they "simply left".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What a fiasco. They seem to want to include local visitors from perhaps Bangkok in the 'tourists' group here...but I suspect most customers here were Thai....the video did not really look that bad. Not quite the mayhem one would expect. 

How did the fire safety features measure up? 

How do you expect them to do 2 jobs at once?  

Checking on the fire safety features is for another raid on another day!!!!

31 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That does in no way mean ALL Customers took drugs, and nothing in the OP states that !

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That does in no way mean ALL Customers took drugs, and nothing in the OP states that !

Read his comment again and then mine and the quoted section of the OP it does not say anything about all took drugs...Yet they wanted to test all. He indicated nowhere did it indicate this.

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

In the real world bag searches etc are carried out at the door before entry. Hopeing to drug test 200 is just pure stupidity.

Easy to do if you have them all in the room. You test them and then send them to another area. Easy peasy....

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Read his comment again and then mine and the quoted section of the OP it does not say anything about all took drugs...Yet they wanted to test all. He indicated nowhere did it indicate this.

They always test all the patrons and staff.

Nothing new here.

I never smoked the funny stuff at home in case I was in a gogo that was raided while in LOS- the test can pick up such long after using it.

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Actually a separate report on this event claims the owner had already paid the authorities.

Guess they can use as reason to keep the clubs open legally until 4 am with the upcoming vote

34 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thanks for the clarification, I had never heard of this place but yes Bone is well known. Its hardly a tourist venue and is frequented by Thai's, I suspect the "tourists" are Thais from Bangkok. The main tourist night clubs in Pattaya for farangs are Insomnia and Republic. Bone although popular is not a tourist venue.

IMO everyone should visit a Thai nightclub at least once. I took some friends from home to NASA in Bkk ( space themed nightclub ) and it was quite an education.

• Thumbs Up 1