Famous entertainment venue in Banglamung raided on Sunday morning, hundreds of tourists flee

webfact

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

To escape by forcing their way through the police cordon, en masse, does not mean that they "simply left".

Actually if you watch the video, it appears that they did simply leave - did see much forcing going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They always test all the patrons and staff.

Nothing new here.

I never smoked the funny stuff at home in case I was in a gogo that was raided while in LOS- the test can pick up such long after using it.

They are testing more so for 'harder' drugs, particularly now that marijuana is legal. I certainly would never have foregone a 'smoke of the funny stuff' back home because of the possibility of it being detected when holidaying in Thailand.

16 hours ago, smedly said:

why would they stay, the police have become a real problem in Pattaya - shutting down bars for no good reason - demanding money to re-open - it is now a big issue and needs to be stopped - greedy ###.

The police should have closed this entertainment venue long time ago... An other question - do such illegal businesses pay any taxes?! 

"The pub’s manager faces four charges: 1. Selling liquor without permission, 2. Selling liquor after the legal time limit, 3. Operating an entertainment venue without permission, and 4. Allowing or failing to prohibit the carrying of weapons, explosives, or illegal drugs into the premises."

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/24/update-raided-pattaya-clubs-manager-apologizes-for-fleeing-customers-arguing-with-police/

• Thumbs Up 1

IMO the cops should’ve gone in asked manager lights turned on and have manager ask everyone to leave with a warning and reminder of closing time.. Give the venue a stern warning … if it happens again close the place for x days…. i reasonably don’t think the venue were dealing drugs… 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

IMO the cops should’ve gone in asked manager lights turned on and have manager ask everyone to leave with a warning and reminder of closing time.. Give the venue a stern warning … if it happens again close the place for x days…. i reasonably don’t think the venue were dealing drugs… 

This venue had no license for selling alcohol or doing business at all. It needs to be completely closed. Also - did they pay any taxes? 

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

This is what happens in in most places in the world. Clubs get raided and everyone searched. So what ends up happening is that the floor gets littered with drugs. However, Thailand is the only country in the world (that I know of) where they make you take a pee test.

17 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Maybe the foreigners among these revelers were more concerned about visas (overstay etc) rather than drug tests??

It was mostly Thai people in there.....I expect fear of a drug test was more predominant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Tourists will be posting negatively on the internet.

This will be reposted and less tourists will arrive.

LOS needs a reboot. 

30 years ago it was a fantastic place to visit.

Everyone spent money, it was safe, (Thais had money) any disputes were solved by the Thai people and everyone enjoyed their holiday.

People will always come to Thailand but only once in the main.

LOS is still a fantastic place but, as everywhere, it is spoilt by the ideas of a few who have no ideas how the real world works.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

Tourists will be posting negatively on the internet.

This will be reposted and less tourists will arrive.

LOS needs a reboot. 

30 years ago it was a fantastic place to visit.

Everyone spent money, it was safe, (Thais had money) any disputes were solved by the Thai people and everyone enjoyed their holiday.

People will always come to Thailand but only once in the main.

LOS is still a fantastic place but, as everywhere, it is spoilt by the ideas of a few who have no ideas how the real world works.

Not all tourists are interested in parties, booze and sex. Some tourists avoid locations like Pattaya exactly because of this.

It is not nice to stay in a noisy room with thin walls where your neighbours are sex tourists for instance. I have been living here very long. I could tell you many stories about sex tourists, drug users and alcoholics... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep, everything was open until the last customer left back in the day, after Purachai destroyed the nightlife you had to seek out little secret spots like Penny Black in Soi Cowboy or that little Karaoke bar on Ratchadamnoen for after hours drinks. There was a while where the Grace Hotel Disco and that hotel bar on Petchburi Road also filled an after hours criteria but they soon went by the wayside as the police got increasingly greedy. 

Hence why Phnom Penh became the best kept secret in South East Asia in the early 00's as it was open all day all night and there was no riff raff there unlike now. It was only the more intrepid expats that ventured over there. 

The ironic thing was that the boozing just moved outside to the Sukhumvit pavement, and the BGs that never used to go with customers without a bar fine being paid were available without if one looked along the tables, or standing in doorways. Epic fail by purachai.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, Burma Bill said:

Maybe the foreigners among these revelers were more concerned about visas (overstay etc) rather than drug tests??

No white folk at that venue, if there were 1 white guy there, it would have been the lead photo.

Thai locals and Thai tourists only.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:38 PM, BritManToo said:

I thought 'junkies' was a word reserved for those who inject heroin?

I'm not a user of meth or heroin, but I don't believe anyone who wants to indulge should be criminalised.

Most of the crime from drug use would be gone if it were legal.

Same as prohibition and alcohol.

Oxford dictionary:

junk·ie
/ˈjəNGkē/

noun
INFORMAL
  1. a drug addict.
    • a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.
      "power junkies"