Flu jab in Pattaya?

bradiston

Believe all hospitals have flu vaccine.  It is normally not a free system as in USA but costs are not high.  The normal flu season starts in April/May but as it is a year round concern best to time it same each year.  Also there are two vaccines and often slightly different for Northern and Southern hemisphere.  Normally Southern is used here but this time of year it may be Northern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

every hospital, travel clinic.

At the same time you can do covid booster and some other jabs (they will all temporarily boost your immune system)

I'm a bit out of touch with the latest COVID jab palaver. What's the latest? Have they brought out updates? I'll ask as I go, but worth knowing what's what prior to making a choice, if there is one. I've had 4, the last back in January, a Moderna.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe all hospitals have flu vaccine.  It is normally not a free system as in USA but costs are not high.  The normal flu season starts in April/May but as it is a year round concern best to time it same each year.  Also there are two vaccines and often slightly different for Northern and Southern hemisphere.  Normally Southern is used here but this time of year it may be Northern.

13 YEARS been here NEVER had flu jab......NEVER had the flu also!!!

17 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

13 YEARS been here NEVER had flu jab......NEVER had the flu also!!!

Been here 7. I've had it on a number of occasions, before and after my one and only jab 2 years ago. It's not that serious but can be very unpleasant. Everybody starts sneezing round about Christmas.

Jomtien Hospital is the perfect choice. Why change ? They do it on a walk in basis and are not overcrowded. They have a discount from time to time and use the latest 4-strain vaccine. My wife and myself always go there. And as a bonus it is usually on our way home directly at Sukhumvit.

14 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Jomtien Hospital is the perfect choice. Why change ? They do it on a walk in basis and are not overcrowded. They have a discount from time to time and use the latest 4-strain vaccine. My wife and myself always go there. And as a bonus it is usually on our way home directly at Sukhumvit.

Hmmm, maybe but 800 for Moderna and 500 for flu. Flu at public hospital only for Thais. No have.

21 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Hmmm, maybe but 800 for Moderna and 500 for flu. Flu at public hospital only for Thais. No have.

There is no new vaccine for Covid yet. It is supposed to be available next year. If you do not have 4 injections yet I would get the booster - if you have 4 I would wait. For flu you should anyway get a jab - and 800 and 500 is now really not a show stopper for your health I would assume.

Edited by moogradod

13 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes I know. I started it. But the poster doesn't say if the 650 was for a flu or COVID jab. Seems expensive for a flu jab, and cheap for a COVID jab.

Actually it is not expensive.  Mine on April 1 was 826 baht as part of normal visit (cost for shot alone) here in Bangkok.

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

It's 500 at Jomtien Hospital, so I'd count 826 as expensive. Over 60% more.

A simple check of Bangkok Hospital Pattaya shows price of 800 baht.  Jomtien was a new facility so likely low balling to get customers.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/packages-and-promotions/consultation-packages-en/item/1029-4-strains-influenza-vaccine-en.html

Quadrivalent flu shot is B 349 at the Travel Clinic in Bangkok.  Aetna (formerly Blue Cross) offers me one free every year at many hospitals (30 in Bangkok) from 25 May through end October this year (I have in-patient coverage only, which ought'a tell you something).

-- Retiree