Change VOA to existing TR

Hi there and how are you doing?
We came to Thailand for few months this time - let’s say to spend European winter here ????

We are holding TR single entry (60 days) visa but we asked Officer on the airport for 45 days VOA (correct naming I guess is: visa exemption stamp). So, our status is: we are in Thailand, we are on 45 VOA, we have our single entry TR (60 days) valid till end of December in our passports.

Our plan was to go to Myanmar for some time and then use TR for next entry. What we missed is:  we did not know Myanmar borders are closes for foreigners. So our plans has been changed and now we are looking for reasonable solution.

And there are some questions:

Are Myanmar borders really closed for foreigners?

We noticed that easiest way is Laos. Are we right? May we, as foreigners use any of Laos land borders at the moment without any pcr/atk/certificates?

What borders, in general, are the easiest to cross having VOA and then go back using TR visa that were issued in Europe?

What would be the best option in your opinion? After TR we would like to get one more VOA and then go back Europe. 

Border crossings are still closed for foreigners.

You can do crossings to Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia. Where you go to depends upon where you are staying. 

You cannot get a VOA unless you are from one of the 18 countries that qualify for it. You will get a 45 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

15 minutes ago, Michal01 said:

We noticed that easiest way is Laos. Are we right? May we, as foreigners use any of Laos land borders at the moment without any pcr/atk/certificates?

That depends upon where you are staying. The crossings to Cambodia are also good. Bother offer visas on arrival for entry.

@ubonjoe @Crossy 

thank you for your answers. 
To clarify: 

- we entered Thailand and ask for visa exempt stamp (45 days) and we do not want to extend it in immi this time, 

- we are holding TR single entry visa (60 days) in our passports valid till 27th of December 

We would like to go to Laos (at the end of November) and the most convenient would be: 

Phu Doo Border Checkpoint ด่านพรมแดนภูดู่

We expect Immigration officers, if possible, to use our TR visa when coming back the same day to Thailand. Won’t this be a problem? 

Then we would like to extend it(TR) in immi office after next  ~60 days in Thailand. 

After next 30 days we would like to do another run to get new exempt stamp for 45 days and then extend it in immi for another 30 days. Do you think there will be no issue to do it when crossing land border? 

Are all plans seams legit? Do you think could be an issue in any step of it? 

Everything you outline should, in principle, be fine with just one flaw. Phu Doo is one of the two crossings from Thailand to Laos where you cannot get a visa on arrival. Unless you are able to get an actual visa from the embassy in Bangkok or consulate in Khon Kaen, you will not be able to use this crossing, and will need to choose another.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Everything you outline should, in principle, be fine with just one flaw. Phu Doo is one of the two crossings from Thailand to Laos where you cannot get a visa on arrival. Unless you are able to get an actual visa from the embassy in Bangkok or consulate in Khon Kaen, you will not be able to use this crossing, and will need to choose another.

Ok, but how about my TR Visa that I’m holding in my passport? my TR is issued by embassy in Europe. I would like to use this one in Phu Doo.

Thank you. 

Edited by Michal01

30 minutes ago, Michal01 said:

Ok, but how about my TR Visa that I’m holding in my passport? my TR is issued by embassy in Europe. I would like to use this one in Phu Doo.

Where will you be entering Laos. As stated before you cannot enter Laos at that crossing since the do not issue a visa on arrival. You would have to apply for a Lao visa at the embassy or consulate for Laos.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where will you be entering Laos. As stated before you cannot enter Laos at that crossing since the do not issue a visa on arrival. You would have to apply for a Lao visa at the embassy or consulate for Laos.

I would like to enter Laos in Phu Doo or my second option is Vientiane if first one is risky. 

To make everything 100 percent sure TR VISA in my passport is for Thailand. I am not holding any Laos visa.

Edited by Michal01

8 hours ago, Michal01 said:

I would like to enter Laos in Phu Doo or my second option is Vientiane if first one is risky. 
To make everything 100 percent sure TR VISA in my passport is for Thailand. I am not holding any Laos visa.

What crossing do you think is riskey

As said you would have to have a Lao visa issued by the Lao embassy or consulate to enter Laos.

If already in Laos you could enter Thailand there with a visa for Laos.